Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Kei Kamara

While he was with us he was involved in roughly 90% directly or indirectly. Can''t believe people didn''t rate him. Also he''d need time to adjust to the Prem (I hope RVW gets more that 7 starts before people judge him) and was playing for us while the team was awful and he carried us for about 4 games consecutively. How did people not see that?

But what would his price be now versus when he was with us? The situation has changed a fair bit since then too, we weren''t safe when he left and weren''t a man short like we are now (ie Benno). Might be worth thinking about as a squad player given the circumstances and the familiarity with what we''d be getting.

Whilst he did a job for us last season that says more about the competition for those places than his ability;   that he was able to equal or better the performers on permanent contracts here says why only Becchio of the strikers has remained following the summer. 

We now have far far better and continue to aim for better still.    Nothing to see here for me.

Not good enough for us, he seems to have an aura of being something special amongst some fans, yes he''s a special guy but he''s not a special footballer!

He''s a character right enough and one of those players that on his day will be a bit of a handful for the opposition. However, we''re probably beyond that kind of player now and only need to bring in people who are going to push for a first team place every week.

What Kamara lacks in quality he makes up for with passion. I still don''t think he''s good enough at this level but as a morale booster he''s great!Bring him back for the right money.

He''d probably only come if Hughton felt we needed to replace Benno and

we couldn''t get anyone else before the window closes. We''d probably

not get KK on loan again, so the £2m or so required for a permanent move

would probably be better spent on a decent season-long loanee. At this

late stage Hughton might wait until the next window and use what we''ve

already got in the meantime, rather than buy someone only to sell them at

the end of the season.

So he isn''t good enough but we should buy him anyway because he has a bubbly personality, quite liked Norfolk, and won''t mind sitting on the bench? 
I''m sure we could find hundreds of players with a bubbly personality who would quite like Norfolk and wouldn''t mind sitting on the bench, if quality isn''t an issue. In fact my local pubs sunday league team has several players of that description.
Championship is his level and that is reflected in the fact that the best team rumoured to be interested are almost dead certs for relegation from the Premier League this season. Everybody wanted him to tear up the league but he didn''t.
All this lifting the teams spirits stuff, being involved in all of our attacks when he played, etc..... well didn''t we score something like 4 goals in 10 games when he was here and almost get sucked into a relegation fight? Didn''t we then thrash West Brom and beat Man City after he''d gone home? And didn''t Becchio play a beautiful ball to set up a Howson wondergoal?
Becchio is the better striker. Kei would be 5th choice striker and with Olsson to come in on the left, and with Redmond and Pilkington both able to play on the right he would be our 4th best winger until Bennett came back when he would be the 5th best striker. 
Some of us believe that the Murphy''s should be in for a shout on the wing? What''s the point in getting rid of Ward, Barnett, Surman, Martin, Vaughan and every other Championship standard squad player on our books...... and then intentionally getting ourselves lumbered with another one? 

"he would be our 4th best winger"
Fifth even....
Snodgrass
Olsson
Pilkington
Redmond
Kamara...... 
.... Bennett to come back.
Can''t see the point. If we get a crisis we have Carlton Morris, Jared Loza and the Murphy''s, who are all among the best kids in the country at the minute.
Be good to see him back in the country but Middlesborough is about his level. If we should be rescuing any player from the Championship it should be Lansbury who can split defences with his passes and play anywhere across the midfield. 

He''s certainly not useless as some people say. He''s just not good enough for us to find away to accommodate him in the side and make changes to suit him. He showed enough good moments to suggest that at a team like Middlesbrough he could be excellent, he''ll be the main man. Also at his age does he really want to come here and sit on the bench and be just an impact player when things aren''t going right?

good luck to him.. i could see him getting 15-20 goals in the championship, Never going to make it here but I wish him all the best.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]good luck to him.. i could see him getting 15-20 goals in the championship, Never going to make it here but I wish him all the best.[/quote]I liked him.I''m going to start a thread every single time he scores a goal.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]good luck to him.. i could see him getting 15-20 goals in the championship, Never going to make it here but I wish him all the best.[/quote]I liked him.I''m going to start a thread every single time he scores a goal.[;)][/quote]when he gets released on a free and drops down 2 divisions, before playing 29 games without scoring for Gillingham you will have to go on a lonng rant about what the club are missing....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="morty"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]good luck to him.. i could see him getting 15-20 goals in the championship, Never going to make it here but I wish him all the best.[/quote]I liked him.I''m going to start a thread every single time he scores a goal.[;)][/quote]when he gets released on a free and drops down 2 divisions, before playing 29 games without scoring for Gillingham you will have to go on a lonng rant about what the club are missing....[/quote][Y][:D]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]and call him "kei Lad" as well...[/quote]NO!He never dyed his hair green.

mind you if the choice is Kei or Ricardo Vaz Te (reminiscent of Harry Kane anyone??) then Kei would be a better option!!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]mind you if the choice is Kei or Ricardo Vaz Te (reminiscent of Harry Kane anyone??) then Kei would be a better option!![/quote]Lol, can''t entirely disagree.

have previously said we have moved on from Kei type quality the club instantly prove me wrong!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]have previously said we have moved on from Kei type quality the club instantly prove me wrong![/quote]To be fair though, its just cover for an injured player.If we were giving him a 4 year deal then I would be a bit dubious.

i know - just uninspiring and like becchio i can see him not being given a chance.

but he is a striker not a winger and poor quality. Given the loan fee and probably bigger wages buying Kei and selling him on next in Jan nearly makes more sense and he is no worse.

or even more sensibly given the murphys a chance to warm the bench?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]have previously said we have moved on from Kei type quality the club instantly prove me wrong![/quote]To be fair though, its just cover for an injured player.If we were giving him a 4 year deal then I would be a bit dubious.[/quote]
It''s clear it for an injury. It''s just hard to take when we are told that any new players coming in, are coming in because they are quality more than what we currently have. Well we have Snodgrass, Pilks, Olsson, Redmond plus maybe one of the Murphys to sit on the bench if ever needed. It''s only until Jan/Feb time and Benno should be back. I''d just rather funds were used on an area thats more pressing for the starting 11, let alone possibly Vaz Te not even making the bench some games.
I have to agree with an earlier post made by somebody else stating you have to question the commitment of a player happy to make a side ways move, to be 4th choice and sit on the bench for a season (exactly what he''s doing at his current club).
Why not get a young up and coming player in this area, a la Redmond, or any kind of improvement on Benno. That way we could sell Benno next summer, as clearly we should be looking to upgrade every season anyway. He''s not first choice, so why not get someone to push Snodgrass and potentially push him out of the team eventually?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]i know - just uninspiring and like becchio i can see him not being given a chance.

but he is a striker not a winger and poor quality. Given the loan fee and probably bigger wages buying Kei and selling him on next in Jan nearly makes more sense and he is no worse.

or even more sensibly given the murphys a chance to warm the bench?[/quote]
Total sense ^^
He is one of those "utility" players is Vaz Te, that I don''t think we necessarily need. Would rather one of our youngsters than a West Ham cast off squad player. I know it makes sense because of Benno, but that doesn''t justify such an uninspired signing. 

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]have previously said we have moved on from Kei type quality the club instantly prove me wrong![/quote]To be fair though, its just cover for an injured player.If we were giving him a 4 year deal then I would be a bit dubious.[/quote]
It''s clear it for an injury. It''s just hard to take when we are told that any new players coming in, are coming in because they are quality more than what we currently have. Well we have Snodgrass, Pilks, Olsson, Redmond plus maybe one of the Murphys to sit on the bench if ever needed. It''s only until Jan/Feb time and Benno should be back. I''d just rather funds were used on an area thats more pressing for the starting 11, let alone possibly Vaz Te not even making the bench some games.
I have to agree with an earlier post made by somebody else stating you have to question the commitment of a player happy to make a side ways move, to be 4th choice and sit on the bench for a season (exactly what he''s doing at his current club).
Why not get a young up and coming player in this area, a la Redmond, or any kind of improvement on Benno. That way we could sell Benno next summer, as clearly we should be looking to upgrade every season anyway. He''s not first choice, so why not get someone to push Snodgrass and potentially push him out of the team eventually?
[/quote]I doubt very much he would make the move unless he at least had a sniff of first team football. You can hardly write him off before he has even shown interest in coming here.Frankly clubs just don''t loan out young up and coming players if they are genuinely good enough, and ready, for first team football, its always a risk. Its pretty obvious that Hughton does not consider either Murphy ready for first team football yet.