Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Kei Kamara

Should we gazump Boro? He can play as a winger and a striker. Yes at times he was a bit of a headless chicken, but he was powerful, had a decent touch and was a great fit here. £1.5m and we''d have the right wing covered, a link up man and a striker to cover Elmander wrapped up for the year while we save our money for January.

How about it?

Not sure.As I said in the other thread, I like the guy, but just not quite good enough.I do see your logic though[Y]

Yes from me as I''m a KK fan but most on here would disagree as we''ve had this one out a couple of times before.

Energetic and unorthodox, he made things happen ... if only free-kicks in the opposition''s danger zone.

Middlesborough eh? Didn''t they supposedly want Becchio at one time?

I know what was said before, but now we''re a winger short and it''s deadline day. Kei would be available for a decent fee, has settled here before and so i''m asking again. For me, unless we have a real surprise up our sleeves, i think he''s worth a go.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I know what was said before, but now we''re a winger short and it''s deadline day. Kei would be available for a decent fee, has settled here before and so i''m asking again. For me, unless we have a real surprise up our sleeves, i think he''s worth a go.[/quote]I''m warming to the idea if I''m honest.

Not for me, Championship is his level.
He doesn''t have a quick enough footballing brain, has a poor first touch, and is just nowhere near the standard of our other wingers. He''s 28, not a project. 
He gets the crowd going and is good in the air, that''s about it. Would really rather have Marvin Emnes. Would people really rather have Kamara back over somebody like Henri Lansbury?
Everybody raves about Kamara but his presence in the team coincided with our worst form of the season and a sudden relegation panic. He scored 1 in 11, the same scoring record as Steve Morison for us last season (2 in 22).
Becchio is a better player. If Hughton rated him he''d be a Norwich player already. I agree with Hughton. All four of our strikers are better than Kamara, all of our wingers are better than Kamara, so what''s the point?

With him being so close to being offered a deal before, and him seemingly moving here, i''m starting to think this one might happen. Just a hunch.

Let us just end this here please;

SSN - "Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough, FC Copenhagen and Rayo Vallecano are all interested in the former Norwich loanee"

KK didn''t really do enough here.  It could be that championship is his best way forward.    He was likeable - and I think he would prefer Norwich to Middsbro as a place to live, but careerwise he needs to find his level.

Yes please.

His first touch was NOT terrible - not always perfect, but then few of our players have that gift - strong, athletic, unselfish, & a complete handful to bring on & unsettle the opposition at the end of a game.

He also has the right character for a Norwich player, which I believe is a very important & often overlooked part of any footballer''s attributes.

With Bennos injury and his versatility its a yes from me.

He is an athlete pure and simple and I cant think of too many players I rather see coming on with 10 minutes to go in a game !

I make no secret off the fact I would have liked to sign him when he was here, not a first choice but a good option from the bench.

I think the thing is, he was seemingly happy to play a back up role too. It''s okay spending big bucks on loads of players, but keeping 25 men happy in a 11 man game is difficult and Kamara would be alright as back up.

KK recently said on Twitter that his favourite teams play in blue - so that excludes both Norwich & Middlesbrough then?! If only there was team wearing those colours in a county close to Norfolk...

Does anyone else find it just a tad depressing Kei Kamara is at the top of the messageboard on deadline day?

I know we''ve had a massive transfer window and i''m very greedy, but just a little maybe...

My take is that Kei tried really hard for the cause his work rate could not be faulted but his capability was not that of a premier league player. If he went to crystal palace him and wilbraham would be a terrifying bad attack!

Whilst I don''t really think he''s good enough, some people on here are being a little harsh.

He was hardly `terrible and crap`. He just wasn''t quite up to the standard. What he did do though, was lift the players and supporters at a time we needed it.

And whilst i say he''s not good enough, I think i''d me more keen to chuck Kei on with 10 minutes to go and us needed a goal than i would Becchio.

Then again i''ve hardly seen Becchio play.

Which if anything only backs up my point, come to think of it.

I''d take him back. Maybe not quite there technically/ tactically but his positional versatility and his price would be appealing.

Would give us a truly pacey option up front which we still lack. If nothing else happens I would be happy to see Kei back.