Sign in to follow this  
BOO

What does Elmander do that Holty didn't?

Probably a bit more disciplined, holds his position better, but all round not really an improvement.

Holt wanted to go..

How many times..?

HOLT WANTED TO GO

Also in answer your question, Elmander is technically a much more gifted player, his first touch, dribbling and passing abilities are stronger than Holt''s IMO

Also Elmander was free and we got one million for Holt

Would have liked to have seen him drop a little deeper at times, when he did we started to click. He and Ricky obviously haven''t played together much so I''m sure an understanding will develop.

Elmander didn''t do much of anything today, he''d quite clearly run his race 10-15 minutes before he came off.

I think he''ll get better though.

What did Holty do last season which Elmander won''t do this season?
That''s the better question. 

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Would have liked to have seen him drop a little deeper at times, when he did we started to click. He and Ricky obviously haven''t played together much so I''m sure an understanding will develop.[/quote]
Yeah, that was one of the few criticisms I have today. It''s obvious that RVW was told to play as high up as possible and that meant he didn''t see the ball too much, in situations like that you need the deeper striker to come short and offer the option, Elmander tended to to play just as high which meant we sometimes kicked the ball long when we could have kept it to build up play.

Mr Brownstone Holty''s request to leave and make a transfer request days before Adam''s testimonial was a Thatcherite throw-back - the ''me me me'' culture.

This understandably narked a number of us. Last season he then had a tantrum when he was subbed or wore a face like he was sucking a sour lemon when he was on the bench instead of starting. His attitude was he was the key man to a successful NCFC squad (but not by the number of goals he scored). This colours your view of a player IMO.

Did we ever see Dion or Iwan sulk when they were subbed or on the bench at the start of a game? No. They were more professional about it and would have enhanced the dressing room with their knowledge and expertise. A sulking captain does nothing to enhance team morale. I get he wanted to play but no player is bigger than NCFC. There is no i in team

Yep really disappointing comments on Holty. Do we really have a bunch of bankers on this board?

Perhaps we do but they don''t represent the vast majority of NCFC supporters.

Perhaps RVW may have a chat with Holty before the season is out.

This is not a criticism of Hoots as I thought we showed a lot more attitude today. Not there yet but today gave me hope and we do have some very good players in the squad.

Hey fellas just leave off Holty eh?

i certainly have nothing but respect, gratitude and admiration for holty... as far as i am concerned they can commision the statue now... but in his interview on the scrimmage he said he wanted to go so thanks for everything good luck, we''ll never forget you... johann elmander wants to be here and looks pleased to be here and life goes on ...

You have no idea what actually happened with his transfer request.

Yes, there were occasions last year where he let his frustrations get the better of him, but it certainly wasn''t because he didn''t give a s**t.

Top goal scorer 4 seasons running, played a massive part in dragging us up from our lowest point in 50 years to our highest point in 20. 3 time player of the season, captain, leader legend.

He deserves more respect.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You have no idea what actually happened with his transfer request.

Yes, there were occasions last year where he let his frustrations get the better of him, but it certainly wasn''t because he didn''t give a s**t.

Top goal scorer 4 seasons running, played a massive part in dragging us up from our lowest point in 50 years to our highest point in 20. 3 time player of the season, captain, leader legend.

He deserves more respect.[/quote]^^^[Y]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You have no idea what actually happened with his transfer request.

He deserves more respect.[/quote]

Hi Mrs Holt.

We all know that your son played a massive part for Norwich City.

Don''t worry about all of these comments. Most of the fans still love him. They''re just having a laugh and a joke in response to the OP''s (original poster''s) question. Possibly because they think we should never have sold him. Personally I think the time was right for him to leave, as he wanted to be closer to you and his wife and kids. I''m sure you do a cracking roast on a Sunday, so how could he stay away from that?!

Just keep him off the apple pie and custard during the season!