Sign in to follow this  
leroy van hoopsmond

Lewis Holtby

Spurs currently can choose 4 / 5 from Lennon, Townsend, Paulinho, Eriksen, Capoue, Dembele, Chadli, Holtby, Sandro, Dawkins, Carroll and Sigurdsson.With Lamela, Defoe, Adebayor and Soldado available in attack, I would imagine they''ll play 2 up front on occasions too.I''m sure they can spare a midfielder!

Also, I can''t see Zeki Fryers getting in ahead of Vertonghen, Dawson, Kaboul and the new guy.Maybe worth a try on loan?

"lincoln canary"Class player. Can''t see Tottenham letting him leave though. And if they did he won''t be coming to us.

Why not? Do we smell or something?

Herman wrote the following post at 31/08/2013 6:49 AM:

"lincoln canary"Class player. Can''t see Tottenham letting him leave though. And if they did he won''t be coming to us.

Why not? Do we smell or something?

Some of our fans do it appears in another thread ;)! Haha just kidding but Lewis holtby would be a good player! His goal the other night was good! And he''s got holt in his name!!! ;)

Tom Carroll not on the bench today. I would imagine if they are getting rid of anyone, it will probably be Carroll on loan. I''m not sure he''s necessarily Hughton''s kind of player - the player he''s most similar to in our squad would be David Fox.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]Tom Carroll not on the bench today. I would imagine if they are getting rid of anyone, it will probably be Carroll on loan. I''m not sure he''s necessarily Hughton''s kind of player - the player he''s most similar to in our squad would be David Fox.[/quote]Apparently Spurs offered Carroll on loan to Ajax when they signed Erikson.

I would love to see us snapping up Holtby or Sigurdsson on loan for this season, Holtby especially. Presuming he wouldn''t mind staying in England I think that we could be in with a decent chance of signing him if we were interested.

Haven''t seen much of Tom Carroll but heard that he was a brilliant passer of the ball

If we sign Holtby then we''ll lose millions of pounds in new shirt sales as people will just add the letters B and Y to the back of the name on last season''s shirt.McNally''s not dumb, so this won''t happen.

He was Spurs only over age player in their Under 21/development game against us tonight. We won 2-1, with Lewis Holtby scoring a late consolation goal.

He''s been told he can go out on loan, and i''m sure we signed Harry Kane on Transfer deadline night after playing Spurs last season. History repeating?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2405393/Lewis-Holtby-leave-Tottenham-loan.html

This isnt a bad shout, i remember a journalist being asked on twitter who we would be signing and his reply was ''look at who is leaving Spurs''