Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Deadline Day Thread

Thought it would be good to have one thread where all the rumours from deadline day can come together.

So put them here, the ones you believe the ones you don''t.

Obviously we will also need spottes at ASDA and at Carrow Road/Colney to monitor the angle at which Ch has parked his Car!

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/mobilepinkun/cs/forums/2977284/ShowPost.aspx

imagine if arsenal don''t sign anyone....their fans are gonna be pi$$ed off. They''ve signed someone on a free...and a midfielder who was pretty average (sold to Barcelona) who''s contract was also not renewed

I normally meet up with my friends on transfer deadline day and panic (privately to myself!) about whether or not we''ll sign a striker or not.

Tomorrow  though I will still meet up with my friends but I will mock my Arsenal supporting mate instead, safe in the knowledge that we dont really need anybody else but that a surprise would be nice!

Arsenal will make a few panic buys which wont really suit them last minute to appease the fans like they did a few seasons ago with Andre Santos and Per Mertesacker. Think Wenger has made Arsenal really stale and they might benefit from some fresh blood manager-wise. Signing second rate French players can only carry you so far. What is it - 8 years without a trophy? They seem happy with 4th every year

When did we last go into deadline day with so many new players in the nag and genuine hope of landing another one or two?

I''m thinking about getting excited.

Is it 11pm finish? I suppose McNasty might tweet the end of proceedings tonight as he has done before.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]McNally promised a shirt lettering deal the same as for RvW so we must be signing a big name today.[/quote]Someone with lots of letters in his name?[;)]

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Edison Arantes De Nasciamento

I''ve heard he was quite useful?[/quote]

He''s a bit past it though. I s''pose we could do with experience in the squad. I''m not sure how this could pan out. Could be a hard one....

I just hope that we don''t lose anyone - Pilks,Bass, Ruddy.... To be honest, will very happily settle for no ins as long as we get no outs

Sky still have a reporter dedicated to standing outside the QPR training ground. Perhaps someone should tell them that they are not in the BPL anymore.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Sky still have a reporter dedicated to standing outside the QPR training ground. Perhaps someone should tell them that they are not in the BPL anymore.[/quote]They all love Redknapp unfortunately.Him and Jim White = Deadline Day

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Sky still have a reporter dedicated to standing outside the QPR training ground. Perhaps someone should tell them that they are not in the BPL anymore.[/quote]

Never a bad idea to have a reporter near Redknapp on deadline day - he''s good for a few stories, often about other clubs.

QPR are also likely to sign Assou-Ekotto, great signing for them.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Really hope Ozil is coming to the PremBe the biggest name to play here since Ronaldo.

[/quote]Very strange considering the player who is effectivly replacing Ozil came from the Premier League

What will Jim White say first, courtesy of Betvictor and Paddy Power

Before the window slams shut 4 7/2
The Clock is ticking 4 7/4
A Sky Sports exclusive 6 5
Youll hear it here first 6 5
Hold on to your hats 8 7
We can now reveal 8 6
This just in 10 8
Last minute business 12 10
have informed me 12 10

Bradley Johnson from BBC website

BRADLEY WANTS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY

Norwich City midfielder Bradley Johnson on Twitter: "Who will go what club today? Always interesting on the last day of the window!! Deadline day should be a national holiday."

Yeah right Bradley - you need to get rid of that beard it''s affecting your thinking.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Really hope Ozil is coming to the PremBe the biggest name to play here since Ronaldo.

[/quote]Very strange considering the player who is effectivly replacing Ozil came from the Premier League[/quote]Bale is not on the same level as Ozil yetYes he''s gone for 52billion Euros but Ozil is truelove world class

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Really hope Ozil is coming to the PremBe the biggest name to play here since Ronaldo.

[/quote]Very strange considering the player who is effectivly replacing Ozil came from the Premier League[/quote]Bale is not on the same level as Ozil yetYes he''s gone for 52billion Euros but Ozil is truelove world class[/quote]Clearly the people at Real Madrid think hes better,