Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Norwich in for Vaz Te

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Loan I''d be happy with..... West Ham want us to buy him though.... 3 millionPLEASE NO[/quote]Agreed. Loan as cover, certainly nothing more.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]Don''t want him, rather have no signings in that case.[/quote]
fully agreed
[/quote]You would rather have no one as back up...... than Vaz Te on loan....So if we suddenly had injuries.... you would rather have NO ONE... than a player with Prem experienceRighttttttttttttt..................[/quote]
Last season we had Pilks, Snoddy, Benno, Surman for the wings
Season before we had Pilks, Benno, Surman, Crofts?
So with Snoddy, Pilks, Redmond, Olsson please explain how we are in any worse shape?? No signings unless they are of equal or better quality for me. Which Vaz Te isn''t!!

[/quote]

Pilkington, as others have said, is injury-prone. Redmond, though very promising, is only 19 and from what he has said Hughton is aware of the danger of burning him out. And Premier League defenders are going to get to know his tricks. Olsson is essentially a full-back and has been bought as an upgrade on Garrido. That is presumably where Hughton owuld ideally play him, rather than as a makeshift winger.I don''t think I''ve seen Vaz Te play but I can see the logic of getting him (or someone like him) in the squad. As things stand he doesn''t require anyone to drop out, because Bennett is hardly going to be named in the 25 for now.

Olsson didn''t make the bench Saturday. Hughton clearly doesn''t see him as an upgrade as he is 2nd choice thus far. I''d far rather him on the bench than Vaz Te. Still as far as numbers go based on previous seasons we are no worse off and have had Pilks that whole time too. So this is nothing new. I take it that you didn''t have any argument with what I said regarding numbers then?
In my opinion its a waste of money. Look for better, we can do better.

Looking at the bench we had Saturday, without Bennett were lacking pace and impact from the bench, Somebody like vas te can fill that spot.

At the end of the day we need a squad to compete, I think he can offer something, no risk in a loan so why not.

Players like Shane long will cost millions and will not be prepared to play unless they''re guaranteed first team every week. With RvW hooper and elmander there''s no guarantee that will happen

[quote user="lake district canary"]Vaz Te is known by our management team.  Was at Hibs under the management of  Colin Calderwood.   Hence the interest.

[/quote]

Well that explains it! (oh eck)

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Olsson didn''t make the bench Saturday. Hughton clearly doesn''t see him as an upgrade as he is 2nd choice thus far. I''d far rather him on the bench than Vaz Te. Still as far as numbers go based on previous seasons we are no worse off and have had Pilks that whole time too. So this is nothing new. I take it that you didn''t have any argument with what I said regarding numbers then?

[/quote]

Yes. Because you had to include a full-back to make up the numbers. And whatever Olsson can do on the left he certainly can''t play as a right-winger, where we now thin. So we are worse off for at least half a season in  terms of numbers, and a Vaz Te who can play is plainly better than an Elliott Bennett who can''t. I wouldn''t argue for buying Vaz Te but a loan deal would be fine.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Vaz Te is known by our management team.  Was at Hibs under the management of  Colin Calderwood.   Hence the interest.

[/quote]

That alone screams best avoided.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]Loan I''d be happy with..... West Ham want us to buy him though.... 3 millionPLEASE NO[/quote]Agreed. Loan as cover, certainly nothing more.[/quote]
And me 

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Olsson didn''t make the bench Saturday. Hughton clearly doesn''t see him as an upgrade as he is 2nd choice thus far. I''d far rather him on the bench than Vaz Te. Still as far as numbers go based on previous seasons we are no worse off and have had Pilks that whole time too. So this is nothing new. I take it that you didn''t have any argument with what I said regarding numbers then?

[/quote]

Yes. Because you had to include a full-back to make up the numbers. And whatever Olsson can do on the left he certainly can''t play as a right-winger, where we now thin. So we are worse off for at least half a season in  terms of numbers, and a Vaz Te who can play is plainly better than an Elliott Bennett who can''t. I wouldn''t argue for buying Vaz Te but a loan deal would be fine.

[/quote]
http://www.transfermarkt.com/en/nathan-redmond/aufeinenblick/spieler_129078.html
Redmond can play RW especially as he is right footed. It''s been suggested that other teams will learn his game of always cutting inside, so assumed with him and Snoddy for RM and Pilks back now with Olsson as cover for either position down the left side was good enough. Again, same numbers for players as previous seasons. It doesn''t look as though Wet Spam want to loan him anyway thank god, so I guess we can move on.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]I wonder how many other clubs have fans as negative as ours after spending 20 odd million?[/quote]How is having the confidence that our current squad is perfectly fine without adding Vaz Te being negative?

[quote user="Dandy Mountfarto"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]I wonder how many other clubs have fans as negative as ours after spending 20 odd million?[/quote]How is having the confidence that our current squad is perfectly fine without adding Vaz Te being negative?[/quote]
Well said that man. Some on here have little faith. We can only take 18 players to a game, and we more than have enough quality of Vaz Te''s standard and above in over 20 players. So any new additions need to be an improvement on that. Loan or permanent.

It''s negative to believe that our management team are so inept that they would bring in a player that is so bad that he wouldn''t improve the squad more than an injured player.

[quote user="stoke canary"]

Reported to have joined Brighton

[/quote]

Yipee!

Thought he was awesome at Barnsley, but has flopped since West Ham in my opinion. I think one of the Murphy''s could do an alright job and it would be a good way to introduce them to the first team and premier league football. Although experience may prove a hindrance. ..