Sign in to follow this  
smooth

This is the squad till January and it is very good

What fantastic work done earlier this summer. Great players, who already have shown their worth and rightlyfully many starting with others coming back from injury and the fantastic Olsson.

It is very good, yes we would have liked more and I feel we have areas that we can look at again in January. That is really my point.

Hughton has many of his targets, now work with them, gel them and get them to work. In January if reinforcements are needed then we have £££, for Hughton or if things go belly up a new manager, then funds are available. However I don''t really see that happening, I believe we have some great players with some average players around them who can lift their games to the level needed for a good campaign.

Can''t wait for those left to give rvw, hooper chances, follow fer in dominating midfield performances and lead from the back as bassong does. I do think we need a quality midfielder and possibly that centre half but we can wait till January 2014. Time for the buys to stand up, once they cross the sideline it is on them and their execution and abilities.

Wish we didn''t have the international break.

Let''s say we''ve done enough to keep our heads above water this season, and build for the future. The January point''s a good one, as who knows what could happen between now & then.

Looking at the activity of other ''mid table'' candidates, we shouldn''t set the (top half of the) league alight as maybe i and some were hoping in July. There will be as many losses and disappointments as scalps and sweet moments.

But likewise, we shouldn''t particularly struggle any more if our new-look line-up comes together, and it feels excellent to know that.

What a position to be in. and all done the right way & without relying on a mega-rich individual.