Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Favourite signing

Who is everyones favourite so far from the buys we''ve made?

I''d have to say Redmond on the back of the last two home games with Fer a close second.

By the end of the season, I think Elmander may be the cleverest move of the lot though.

Fer for me also.

It has been a while since we have had such a midfielder who has the capability to dominate the opposition.

My one wish list player going forward is to find another like him.  Imagine two dominant ball players in midfield a la Viera and Petit.  That would be awesome!

Snake

We all went crazy about the Wolf.... but I don''t think we realised just how brilliant young Nathan Redmond is going to beAn up and coming English star for around £3million. Deal of the century.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]We all went crazy about the Wolf.... but I don''t think we realised just how brilliant young Nathan Redmond is going to beAn up and coming English star for around £3million. Deal of the century. [/quote]An absolute steal, still can''t believe we pulled the deal off.

Fer for me. He seems to have everything! Three questions:

1) How did Everton manage to miss him earlier in the year? He''s a real bargain!

2) How long shall we be able to hang on to him?

3) He''s a brilliant tackler, and clearly loves it, but how soon before an opponent injures him in a tackle? (He was injured when considered by Everton - perhaps I''ve answered my own first question!)

[quote user="Salopian"]

Fer for me. He seems to have everything! Three questions:

1) How did Everton manage to miss him earlier in the year? He''s a real bargain!

2) How long shall we be able to hang on to him?

3) He''s a brilliant tackler, and clearly loves it, but how soon before an opponent injures him in a tackle? (He was injured when considered by Everton - perhaps I''ve answered my own first question!)

[/quote]

Across his career he has suffered very few injuries and the Everton really overplayed the whole ''bad knee'' issue. They basically expected someone to sign Fellaini so wanted Fer as a repalcement. The deal for £8.5m was overpriced (Twente taking advantage of the January window) and Everton tried to renegotiate the price - but publically saying he had failed a medical they knew it would drive down Fer''s price by scaring off other clubs. When you think about it, it is a really nasty, dirty trick to pull. Fer gave a very angry interview in Holland afterwards, which was very critical of Everton''s behaviour (I think it is on YouTube, but in Dutch obviously).

Everton''s drity trick has benefitted Norwich though, as it probably scared off a lot of competition for him this summer. If Fer performs as well as he did against Southampton all season it will be very tough to keep hold of him - however, Norwich aren''t in a position were they have to sell to anyone apart from Champions League clubs - I can''t see any of the top 4 or 5 clubs being interested in Fer unless he performs expectionally for a couple of seasons (although we know Moyes is a fan). Norwich would only have to sell him if the player himself really pushed for a move, or there is a release clause in his contract.

I don''t think I''ve ever been more excited by a prospect than Redmond. I love him but also hate him, both due to the realisation that he is 2 years younger than me and a billion times more talented.

But I think as you can probably tell from my signature, I have other ideas about who the favourite will eventually be.

Fer and Redmond have impressed but its still the wolf for me.

I have been impressed with the defensive work he puts in in addition to the quality of movement and touch.    We will start to find him instead of shooting and when we do he will finish for us - despite poor service he has been a threat in each game so far.   So much more to come

It''s a hard ask that.

Elmander, Olsson, Fer, Redmond, RVW and Hooper - unless anyone is going to consider Nash!

From the pre-season games and games so far this season I think Fer is fast becoming very influential. It''s clear that he is far less effective in the hole than he is deeper where he can move the ball with more effect.

In terms of potential Redmond is unbelieveable. But I would point out that it could be two, three or even four seasons before his true potential comes to fruition. Look at Walcott, all of that pace and skill and yet it is only really the last couple of seasons where he has really been able to turn it into consistent high level performances. For that reason I don''t want to put to much on Redmond at the moment. He is a very good player with buckets of pace and skill but as others have said I think he just needs to get that ball into the box a little quicker sometimes, especially with Elmander and RVW waiting to pounce, or just move it on a bit faster.

Talking of Elmander I think he has the potential to be a real hit too. I keep thinking of a lot of Scandinavian players that appear to have been able to play at a high level well into their 30''s and he could be another. He has that experience that perhaps we needed in the team. I wonder if it''s a bit like the Dion Dublin signing a good few seasons back now. Won''t make people turn their heads so to speak but perhaps have a much more important impact than anyone could have predicted.

RVW could also be a massive hit if he can score around 15 goals this season. He looks like he is clinical and has that killer instinct in the box.

We are yet to really see a lot of Olsson and Hooper but again - there is nothing saying that either of those players won''t make an impact at this point. And it will be interesting to see how the season pans out as they have more of an impact on the first team.

For me it is too early for a favourite, lets just see, give the lads a few more games and see what happens as they gel little bit more.