Total: £23.5m

Out:

Holt - £2.5m

Vaughan - £3m

Barnett - £1m

Steer, Adeyemi, Smith - £1m (dev. fee)

Total: £7.5m

So a net spend of £16m.

I bet we have a bit left in the tank for January.

Aah, sorry, his deal inspired this thread too, whoops! What do we reckon? £1.5m?

That would take us to £13.5m net outlay. Someone give mcnally the key to the city!

Also to paraphrase others; Van Wolfswinkel was part of last seasons transfer fund. Not saying that''s the truth cos I''m not sure.

Excellent business, very happy. Still got Hooper to come back from injury!

What about the fee for Butterfield? Shall we say 2 mill ish? Probably less, but let''s go with that.

So that''s a net spend of 14m. My understanding is that the RVW purchase came from last season''s transfer kitty, so actually the money spent this season is 5.4m. Doesn''t seem much, does it? Considering the TV revenue was at 40m plus, where''s the rest of the money gone?

Given that RVW was supposed to be from last seasons budget, does this mean our net spend is actually less than last season? Does this sound like ambition?

In reality, we certainly have a better 22 than 25 last season, I am supprised that we did not get another CB and creative midfielder in but if the players we wanted were not available or didn''t want to come you can''t blame the management.

On a side note, I am pleased that we did not sign Vaz Te, overrated pro who is not good enough for our sqaud and really question the thinking beind this move! Might give our youth players a chance if required before christmas, and let''s be honest I''m sure either Murphy twin is a better option than playing Vaz Te to cover Bennett!

Really pleased with the way we have strengthened this year and hope that Saturday is a flavour of what is to come.

I do have to say I had a sneaky feeling we might have signed Kozak, when Villa announced his siging was a little disaapointed as I had hoped MacNally might pull a suprise out of the bag.

[quote user="Crystal Canary"]What about the fee for Butterfield? Shall we say 2 mill ish? Probably less, but let''s go with that. So that''s a net spend of 14m. My understanding is that the RVW purchase came from last season''s transfer kitty, so actually the money spent this season is 5.4m. Doesn''t seem much, does it? Considering the TV revenue was at 40m plus, where''s the rest of the money gone?[/quote]

We haven''t actually received all the moeny yet so the money hasn''t "gone" anywhere. There are also increased wages to consider. Plus there is also the point that this board won''t waste money so if the right targets aren''t available then they won''t buy.

Davo