Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

January cash

As well all know the January window is the worst of all with inflated prices etc. We have a nice squad at the moment and hopefully will turn in some good results and get points on the board between now and the new year. That said if the worst comes then I guess we should have a very handsome amount in the bank if we need it, if we don''t and stay up then next summer could see more impressive investment

Surprised we didn''t buy a centre back. I think we will need to do that in January. I don''t think our options in this area are quite good enough, Bassong aside.

I hope we won''t need to dip into that cash in January, as that will mean we''re playing well, sitting comfortably in the league, fine on the injury front, and no bigger clubs taking our best players.I''m sure we''ll spend if we need to though. The smart money is on another centre half, but I love the Bassong/Turner partnership, and if they stay fit I''m more than happy with that with the likes of Bennett and Russ to fill in when needed.