Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Yet again with the multi topic=same threads

Can the moderators  please  refuse  to  accept  supposedly new threads  when its pretty clear  that this " new" thread  is obviously about the same subject as half a dozen others !!!  whilst I`m probably just as guilty as others , the fact remains that  , generally speaking , we have maybe 7 or 8  same thread topics in which  answering any is largely a waste of time  because its off the page  before the days up !

Can I suggest  that , instead of  having a new topic facility , we have instead a format like this  ....   :-

The players 

The team  

The manager 

The directors

last match 

general 

With the latest postings   coming up on the first page  of each thread  thereby updating  in real time  ... so to speak 

Obviously this format will have its faults ....  but less so than the present format , which is just plain  frustrating  and useless ! 

The fact that this thread is now  two pages back   in just a few hours  illustrates  my point .......  I know this has been brought up before  ,  and nothing was done about it ...  surely by now the penny has dropped   ?  what we have  now is the equivalent   of  a boardroom   full of  people all talking at once ! 

You can''t blame people for topics which are generated during a non moderating time. We don''t know what others have written (hence the X many "Eddy leaving" threads (mine included, my bad!)*************Web moderator''s apology: Sorry - we can''t move posts from thread to thread to amalgamate them. I''ve actually now ditched a few which say the same thing - apologies to those whose posts about the three departures have disppaeared.Celia (seemed quicker to add it on to your post DD - hope you don''t mind!)*****************

Then again why post a topic saying exactly what the front page of The Pinkun says? Its like reading 2 identical pages sometimes. You wouldnt be very happy if the 2nd page of the EDP was the same as the 1st lol.

Oooh! Touchy subject...the shed brigade are out in force tonight!

Yes, sometimes it does appear a bit pointless, but then I would assume that the software cannot cope with merging as Celia said.
More formats/headings just creates more confusion and difficulty in setting it up. Only thing I could suggest that might make it easier is to lengthen the number of threads on a page?

The solution is clearly to have the moderators working 24 hours a day. Any comments webteam?

No, the solution is for the moderators to actually enforce it by requiring same topic messages to be posted on the first thread. A note to the person saying that its not been posted as a new thread will soon deter those from doing it. How many Worthy Out, I''m Gutted, Players to leave in summer threads do we actually need?

My Email box gets stuffed full of irritating "Post Approved" Emails that it takes me a while getting rid of them. Why not, instead of Post Approved messages, just send an Email when a post is NOT apporved with the reason (abusive, repetitious, contains swearing etc).

The other problem as somebody highlighted is in the time when the mods are not online. I assume they come back to an inbox load of stuff- so while sifting this it should be relatively easy to spot the repetitious ones.

Other free Boards I have visited which are also moderated have moderators who are also real enforcers and they issue public warnings on the Board to offenders and do move and delete posts and threads actively.

So it can be done!!!!