Sign in to follow this  
Willmeister

Shane Long

I get no joy from internet fisticuffs.

Regarding the topic at hand, I don''t think we need either of the aforementioned players. Hope we sign a good CB though. Or Sigridsson.

Becchio isn''t leaving.

We''ve already spent the best part of £15m on forwards, we''re good to go there, Long at £5m is a waste of money better spent elsewhere

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Becchio isn''t leaving.

We''ve already spent the best part of £15m on forwards, we''re good to go there, Long at £5m is a waste of money better spent elsewhere[/quote]
You forgot to say.... "in my opinion" ;) your welcome!

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]"Some people on here are dumb and annoying and I shall be treating them so from now on if they warrant it. Why cause conflict? Ask a fellow poster a question, don''t insult them by making them out to be wrong or stupid."

LOL![/quote]I''ll raise your "LOL" to a "ROFL"

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Not just my opinion it would seem...[/quote]
And funnily enough $hitstone it isn''t just me who thinks he would be a good signing, but i see you aren''t mentioning that. Oh well, must be a selective problem you have.

Not sure why we''d spend 5m on Long considering our outlay on strikers already.

Would love to know why WBA are selling him though. Absolute madness, probably their best striker, and Anichebe (who is dross) seems to be the replacement.

Real relegation candidates this year are WBA. Absolutely baffling transfer policies

Interesting that John Ruddy has tweeted opinion of Shane Long. Hope Hughts is paying attention!

Lol! Yeah, why insult people eh?! Brilliant stuff!

You''ve got a few anger issues I think you need to work out petal. If you don''t like your opinion being challenged then best steer clear of Internet forums.

I didn''t say he''d be a bad signing did I? I actually think he''s a decent player but one we don''t need and for £5m money that could be put to better use elsewhere.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Lol! Yeah, why insult people eh?! Brilliant stuff!

You''ve got a few anger issues I think you need to work out petal. If you don''t like your opinion being challenged then best steer clear of Internet forums.

I didn''t say he''d be a bad signing did I? I actually think he''s a decent player but one we don''t need and for £5m money that could be put to better use elsewhere.[/quote]
Challenged is fine, but being a d!ck isn''t an essential part of a reply. Just in case you weren''t aware. Alllllrrrriiiggghhhhttt mate. Nice one!

Would love to know why WBA are selling him though. Absolute madness, probably their best striker

Only one year left on his contract?

Where have I been a dick?!

I challenged your views on RVW "needing as push" and "sticking out a bit".

If you read the thread back I think you''ll find you''ve thrown a bit of a strop for no reason at all sweetheart.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Where have I been a dick?!

I challenged your views on RVW "needing as push" and "sticking out a bit".

If you read the thread back I think you''ll find you''ve thrown a bit of a strop for no reason at all sweetheart.[/quote]
Petal? Sweetheart? Sorry I thought we were just giving each other condescending pet names? I''ve never been much good at it. "LOL"

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]They both came after your exceptionally witty $hitstone comment.

So, who was being a dick?[/quote]
You with your "LOL" retort. Next question, move along.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Your highly hypocritical little rant gave me a good chuckle, I was just letting you know.

Thanks for that, still making me laugh.[/quote]
Alllllrrriiigghhht mate. Again happy for you. [Y]

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]You should get yourself a kitten or something.[/quote]
Not a cat person. You probably have 17 or so, you seem one of those types. Maybe look into some Jason Manford, Lee Mack or Lee Evans, as if I gave you a good chuckle, you are obviously comedy deprived!

On topic, the one striker that WBA have that worries me is Long, if they get rid and sign Sessegnon I see that as a backward step, I expect them to get Lukaku on loan if he goes. If not and they get in Sessegnon for Long I would be worried as a WBA fan with minimal investment this summer

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Thanks but I''m all laughed out tonight.

I''ll give em a look next time I''m bored and you''re not about :-)[/quote]
Alrighty Miss $hitrock. You do that [;)]

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]We have Hooper RVW and Elmander.... and Becchio why would we buy Shane Long to sit behind them on the bench
[/quote]

He wouldn''t sit on the bench. He''d be my first choice! He scores goals, works hard as well as being a poacher, and knows the Prem!! I think RVW needs to be pushed more. There isn''t anyone fighting him for his place currently!

[/quote]

16 in 66 for WBA and why would we want someone else''s cast-off?

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]We have Hooper RVW and Elmander.... and Becchio why would we buy Shane Long to sit behind them on the bench[/quote]

He wouldn''t sit on the bench. He''d be my first choice! He scores goals, works hard as well as being a poacher, and knows the Prem!! I think RVW needs to be pushed more. There isn''t anyone fighting him for his place currently!

[/quote]

16 in 66 for WBA and why would we want someone else''s cast-off?

[/quote]
Webbo, if you read back on this thread there are very few that see this guy as a cast off! He scored 11 goals last season, and was over shadowed by Lukaku. 19 goals in 70 appearances for West Brom at about just over a 1 in 3 strike rate, he is hardly a cast off. Ricky got what 14 goals last season, in the Portuguese League with 30 odd games. 
The Prem is easily the better more competitive league. I think you should do some research before making out he wouldn''t at least be good for our squad!

Why would one buy Shane Long?To stop someone else buying him.Simple as that.Oh - and quality on the bench if you need the back-up.