Sign in to follow this  
Viva Marc Libbra

No new signings

I am really happy with the business done, but is it ok to be a little disappointed that with the quality of players that seem to be available, we haven''t added one more to our tribe?[:|]

Snake

[quote user="snake-eyes"]

I am really happy with the business done, but is it ok to be a little disappointed that with the quality of players that seem to be available, we haven''t added one more to our tribe?[:|]

Snake

[/quote]

Of course. But it must be said that this is easily the most potential-packed squad we''ve ever had. So that''s something.

Didn''t expect anything so not disappointed, extremely happy with what we have and importantly that we held on to them.

If that''s the case why not tweet it this morning so I wouldn''t have to listen all day long.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]If that''s the case why not tweet it this morning so I wouldn''t have to listen all day long.[/quote]

Don''t think you have quite understood McNally''s mentality!

Yer would of been nice to be told this morning that we weren''t signing anybody else, to save everybody''s time. Why did we bid for the Quag, Toivenen and Alderwerald if all was completed earlier in the summer? I''m pretty disappointed really. RVW was signed months ago. So really only Fer, Redmond, and Hooper which all signed weeks ago. Was expecting at least another big signing. Some players moved today for bargain prices compared to what we bid for Quag and Alderwerald. If they were happy with the team, why bid for these players? And why didn''t we bid for players in similar positions when they turned us down? We Havant exactly got a quality squad in depth. Relegation battle here we come!

By keeping quiet, McNally may have forced other teams to overpay which will hogtie them in the January window making his job easier then should we need to add anyone.

quote colneycanary "Yer would of been nice to be told this morning that we weren''t signing anybody else, to save everybody''s time. Why did we bid for the Quag, Toivenen and Alderwerald if all was completed earlier in the summer? I''m pretty disappointed really. RVW was signed months ago. So really only Fer, Redmond, and Hooper which all signed weeks ago. Was expecting at least another big signing. Some players moved today for bargain prices compared to what we bid for Quag and Alderwerald. If they were happy with the team, why bid for these players? And why didn''t we bid for players in similar positions when they turned us down? We Havant exactly got a quality squad in depth. Relegation battle here we come!"

We''ve signed RVW, Fer, Hooper, Olsson, Redmand, Elmander et al and have 2 decent players for each position, plus having the strongest NCFC squad for donkeys years, with a transfer window spend of around £25m, and you think we''re game on for a relegation battle? That''s utterly phenomenal!!

For the record, we tried for Quagliarella and Toivonen but in case it hasn''t escaped your notice, Elmander is who we ended up with.

CB is the slightly worrying position. We''re quite reliant on Bassong and clearly tried to sign another quality CB but were sadly unsuccessful with our targets. I''m sure McNally and Hughton tried their best, especially with Alderwerald who was a very ambitious target but has incidently signed for current Copa del Rey winners Atletico Madrid today!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Yer would of been nice to be told this morning that we weren''t signing anybody else, to save everybody''s time. Why did we bid for the Quag, Toivenen and Alderwerald if all was completed earlier in the summer? I''m pretty disappointed really. RVW was signed months ago. So really only Fer, Redmond, and Hooper which all signed weeks ago. Was expecting at least another big signing. Some players moved today for bargain prices compared to what we bid for Quag and Alderwerald. If they were happy with the team, why bid for these players? And why didn''t we bid for players in similar positions when they turned us down? We Havant exactly got a quality squad in depth. Relegation battle here we come![/quote]

Perhaps you could point us all to where these supposed bids were confirmed officially by the club.

Otherwise thanks for the update on the quality of players at Havant and their prospects for the upcoming season.

-

The glass is knocked over......

Midfield is reasonably well stocked. A new cb would have been nice but it''s not to be. Manure and gooner fan will be a little annoyed this morning.

I''m guessing, but I think we got close to doing a deal on Vaz Te - just based on the timing of McNasty confirming no more incomings (about 30 mins before the window closed) and Vaz Te''s own twitter feed saying "I got close but now staying in London" although he does say close to what. Not too bothered about it either way but I think we were still having a punt here and there, up until quite late on.

lincoln canary wrote the following post at 03/09/2013 6:32 AM:

"...but where was te sence in letting butterfield go with no squad replacement? "

Well if we lose Elmander, Hoolahan, Howson, Snodgrass, Pilkington, Redmond and Fer (who can all play in Butterfield''s prefer position) then we can always turn to Josh Murphy who I''m sure could do a better job anyway.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Risky in my opinion. Squad numbers are down on last year, even Hughton has admitted that. We are very thin in terms of cover. A few injuries and we''ll be in trouble. I''m glad we didn''t needlessly buy anyone, but where was te sence in letting butterfield go with no squad replacement?[/quote]

How are squad numbers down or are we thin on cover. The squad is much stronger with 2 quality players competing for each place plus on top of that a few promising youngsters who could prob do a job in an emergency.

The only area where there is a slight worry is CB cover and not because we don;t have enough cover numbers wise but more because we have all seen the impact it has when Bassong is missing and whilst they are decent enough players, none of the players we have as cover seem able to come in and galvanise/organise the defence in the same way.

It could also be argued we are short of right wing cover but Redmond can play there as could either of the Murphy''s if required.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]If that''s the case why not tweet it this morning so I wouldn''t have to listen all day long.[/quote]

Don''t think you have quite understood McNally''s mentality!

[/quote]

Maybe not, so please feel free to enlighten me.

If we weren''t after anyone, why not say so in the morning. If we were, why not say we didnt get them instead of we got ours in the summer, ner ner ne ner ner.

I think McN is great but let''s not try and be Simon Cowelll

Wait...this came from Twitter?

It''s obviously just a nasty little rumour, no truth in this whatsoever. I inexplicably will not believe ANYTHING posted on twitter for fear of looking well informed and well connected.