Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds with the Pink un Pickers Week 3

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week 3 of the Rays Funds season. This week I am introducing a debutant to the hot seat with Swindon Canary in charge and making the final selections. Swindon was a revelation last season where he spent the whole season around the top of our PUPs league and ended the season with an 80% success rate with his picks. That success has carried on to this season where Swindon has picked correctly in the first two weeks and looks set fair for another season of solid selections.

But good as he is Swindon will need us all on top form to give him the ammunition to shhot down Bet365. Don’t forget for your selection to be considered it must be a game from this weekend’s fixtures (Saturday/Sunday) and be listed on the Bet365 web site.

PUPs selecting for the next three weeks are : -

Sept. 7th Beauseant

Sept. 14th Snake-eyes

Sept. 21st Mr Angry

Thanks very much for your donations and please keep them coming. So far I have received 14 donations but obviously we need more than that to get through the season. For those who I won’t see personally the paypal details are canaryeddie@aol.com. This is also my email address if anyone wants to contact me. Remember if you’re thinking about taking part this isn’t pay to play. Try it and see how it goes. Then if you want to make a donation in the future you can.

We were made very welcome at Colney yesterday when we presented last year’s funds of £381.91 to Ricky Martin. There''s no doubt that the club really do appreciate your efforts and a chance meeting with canary legend Ken Brown made my day complete.

Here are some photos from the day : -

photo P8270023.jpg

PUPs at Colney August 2013

Mandie presents last seasons Funds to Ricky Martin photo P8270025.jpg

Mandie presents last seasons Funds to Ricky Martin

Joined by honarary PUP Ken Brown photo P8270027.jpg

Joined by honorary PUP Ken Brown

Ricky and I also talked about the funds moving forwards. Following my email Ricky and David McNally discussed the way forward and they are more than happy to help us donate our winning funds to the Community Sports Foundation whilst keeping the same level of involvement as they have now. Ricky will still be available for us if we need anything and he will arrange for the CSF to meet us at Colney when we do the presentations. I’m pleased with this. I took into account all your views over the summer where I thought the two main objectives seemed to be to redirect the money somewhere it could make more of a difference while keeping involvement with the football club that bonds our whole group. I am very grateful to the football club for helping us to a solution that seems to do just that. There are various aspects to the CSF. If we agree to go down this route we can discuss where we’d like the funds directed at the end of the season.

You can find out all about them on their web site here : -

http://www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/

But of course it’s your decision I just administer Rays Funds on your behalf. So please indicate if you’re happy with this solution alongside your selections this week.

Now we’d better get on and Rays funds! So Ill hand the thread over to Swindon Canary. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Rays Funds Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Swindon ... the free bet is yours....... [:)].....

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,4,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork,2, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock,3, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1,2, Scooby,3, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary,2, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, Mandie Moo, Mr Bump, Kathy, Til1010 yes Norfolkchance1 £2038 for the Academy,so far.

Good evening Nutty,very good luck to you Swindon Canary and to all you other PUPs out there.

Off to the land of the wooden shoes and a HOME WIN please for PSV v Cambuur.

Now can I must remind you PUPs that Nutty would love some more tenners to keep this thread going so please make contact with him and let the fun and enjoyment we all get from this continue.

Serie A this week

AC Milan v Cagliari - Home Win

Best of luck Swindon Canary, and of course all you PUPs

And Nutty, the CSF path gets my vote

A Belgrade derby for me please.

PARTIZAN V rad beograd HOME WIN.

Good luck Swindon and all PUPS.

Well I''m off to a flyer, also 100% incorrect but that''s all gonna end this weekend

Going back to the team that let me down last week as they cant have two games like that in a row, they are also at home this week and also playing in our own country

Man city v Hull - Home win

Belgian league for me this time

Again it''s a Sunday evening match with Club Bruges to beat Waasland. Both sides have played 5 league games - Bruges yet to lose and Waasland yet to win.

Away win for Bruges...

Thanks for the into Nutty. The pressure is truly on, pick some good ones for me Pups.My own choice is Rangers home win against East Fife. In truth I still think they would win even if Fife brought in West, North & South !

It looks like everyone had a good time at Colney and it''s also good to hear confirmation that the club still values the money that''s donated to the Academy.  Perhaps maybe some of us (myself included) assumed that this may now not be the case for the relatively small amounts donated to the now mega rich canaries?  I also recall reading something recently that the club were trying to raise money themselves to help fund our Academy.  Which definitely suggests that despite our new found wealth there still isn''t the spare money lying around to easily fully fund the Academy (especially now since category one status).

If we''d have stuck with donating to the Academy, it would still have certainly been valued, needed and put to good use. 

The CSF is a very worthwhile cause and like everyone I also voted for a charity and like lots I too favoured the CSF. 

I''m going to Holland this week and I''m going to back league leaders PEC Zwolle to beat FC Utrecht. Zwolle are 4-0-0 for the season, scoring 12 goals and conceding only three whereas Utrecht are 1-1-2, haven''t won away and have conceded 8 on the road while not scoring any.

PEC ZWOLLE vs FC Utrecht - Home Win - 8/11

Good post NBS. The academy used to use the money we raised to buy footballs and things like that. They really did appreciate it. Colney now is very different with our category one set up. Just looking around at the pitches yesterday the quality is unbelievable. They also now have a pitch with undersoil heating and sprinkler systems like at Carrow Road. Everything is state of the art and I didn''t see a tenth of what is there. Chelsea brought 2 teams yesterday, under 16s and under 18s. I would think our facilities are at least equal to theirs and you could see their players and coaches were very happy to be at Colney. I have no idea how many coaches we have now but it''s a far cry from the old days.

We were right to question whether our few hundred quid made any difference. David McNally and Ricky Martin completely understood. They must have done because they have helped me set up a way of donating the money to the CSF while treating us as though we are still giving it to them. That''s quite something when you think about it but of course the CSF is their official charity partner.

With us moving forwards this way we could always redirect the funds back in to the academy if the club once again visited lean times.

Off to the Championship this week -

Watford v Charlton HOME win please.

Best of luck to all, especially Swindon Canary

Brighton to beat Millwall  for me

Good Luck everyone [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good post NBS. The academy used to use the money we raised to buy footballs and things like that. They really did appreciate it. Colney now is very different with our category one set up. Just looking around at the pitches yesterday the quality is unbelievable. They also now have a pitch with undersoil heating and sprinkler systems like at Carrow Road. Everything is state of the art and I didn''t see a tenth of what is there. Chelsea brought 2 teams yesterday, under 16s and under 18s. I would think our facilities are at least equal to theirs and you could see their players and coaches were very happy to be at Colney. I have no idea how many coaches we have now but it''s a far cry from the old days.

We were right to question whether our few hundred quid made any difference. David McNally and Ricky Martin completely understood. They must have done because they have helped me set up a way of donating the money to the CSF while treating us as though we are still giving it to them. That''s quite something when you think about it but of course the CSF is their official charity partner.

With us moving forwards this way we could always redirect the funds back in to the academy if the club once again visited lean times.

[/quote]

After looking at the pictures I think we should give Tilly some cash and he can get himself a decent outfit.  [H]

AC Milan to beat Cagliari for me please.

Good luck Swindon. As someone who has always excelled at the Canary Challenge I just know you''re the bloke for the job!

Arsenal v Tottenham on Sunday and i''ll have a home win for Arsenal.

Arsenal v Tottenham....Home win.

Good luck to Swindon on your final picks.

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"]

After looking at the pictures I think we should give Tilly some cash and he can get himself a decent outfit.  [H][/quote]

I think he came straight from work........

Tilly''s Candy Box photo 212.jpg

Hi All,

I usually like to pick matches no one else has to give the picker more options. However, having started the season 0 for 2, I have to be a bit more judicious. PSG home win for me this week.

Best of luck!

Win for Rangers at home for me please   As a rather quiet member of this happy group, I''d like to add my two pennorth. In my humble opinion, Nutty has done a tremendous job keeping this thread alive and blooming; I am more than happy to endorse his decision regarding all winnings going to the CSF     As always, heres hoping for both a PUPs and City win

Peterborough just can''t stop scoring goals. Twelve from their first four games in the league and six against Reading in the cup. I wish I''d stuck with them last week!! They are at home to Crawley on Saturday. Crawley have been conceding nearly three a game this season so I think Peterborough''s fantastic start will continue.

Peterborough United          v          Crawley Town           Home Win

Good luck Swindon buddy[Y]