Sign in to follow this  
morty

David Fox

@ ColinTeapot - As someone else pointed out, Bournemouth on loan related to Surman, not Fox.

And Fox to Burnley has been a rumour since June so I was only sharing what I''d been hearing. Terribly sorry for that.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]@ ColinTeapot - As someone else pointed out, Bournemouth on loan related to Surman, not Fox.

And Fox to Burnley has been a rumour since June so I was only sharing what I''d been hearing. Terribly sorry for that.[/quote]

I know, my mistake.  No need to apologise.......I had enough of those the other week to last a lifetime.  How all very civil!

Burnley have never been mentioned as far as I have heard.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Good League 1 or average Championship player who will never play regularly for anyone in the Premier League. All the best to him and thanks for the ''average Joe'' contribution, but we have now moved on from Fox''s level. It''s only a matter of time before he''s out the door.

[/quote]

"Average Joe Contribution"?! Please tell me you''re Trolling?

He played regularly enough and well enough for us to vote him our 3rd best player in the season before last in the Premier League, in case you had forgotten.

[/quote]

Not forgotten, I just never personally rated him above average in our Championship team. His 3rd place in POTs was a surprise to me, but that particular season, excluding Holt, the rest of the team was just that, a great team effort, with few outstanding individuals. The proof of the pudding is now. How many Premier League games has he played over the last 2 seasons? Very few, and there is a good reason for that, he isn''t good enough.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Good League 1 or average Championship player who will never play regularly for anyone in the Premier League. All the best to him and thanks for the ''average Joe'' contribution, but we have now moved on from Fox''s level. It''s only a matter of time before he''s out the door.

[/quote]

"Average Joe Contribution"?! Please tell me you''re Trolling?

He played regularly enough and well enough for us to vote him our 3rd best player in the season before last in the Premier League, in case you had forgotten.

[/quote]

I don''t think you can really count the 3 games we''ve played this season as a complete season. He played 30 times under Lambert, and I think twice in the League in Hughton''s first season. He didn''t suddenly become not good enough from May 2012 to August 2012, it''s just that he doesn''t fit into Hughton''s style of football.

Not forgotten, I just never personally rated him above average in our Championship team. His 3rd place in POTs was a surprise to me, but that particular season, excluding Holt, the rest of the team was just that, a great team effort, with few outstanding individuals. The proof of the pudding is now. How many Premier League games has he played over the last 2 seasons? Very few, and there is a good reason for that, he isn''t good enough.

[/quote]

I don''t think you can really count the 3 games we''ve played this season as a complete season, so we''ll disregard it and look at the previous 2 seasons. He made 32 appearances for Lambert in 2011/2012, and 7 under Hughton''s last season. So 39 in total over the 2 seasons, hardly very few is it?  

He didn''t suddenly become not good enough from May 2012 to August 2012, it''s just that he doesn''t fit into Hughton''s style of football. Him not being good enough is just your opinion, not a fact, just as mine is that he has something to offer the team that no other player in the squad does.

Dr.Ink wrote:

Is case you''ve forgotten Fox was our "deadball" taker in that first season. The number of goals he helped set up contributed to us gaining 12th that season.

Not sure what you mean by "moved to another level". There are a few players in our midfield today that are good tacklers but can not produce a ball like Fox and a few that can play a bit but can''t tackle.

Where''s the massive improvement ??

You cannot finish 12th on teamwork alone - we had some very talented individuals in that team - whether you want to give them credit or not.

and its obvious you don''t.

Fair enough, I respect your opinions and despite being a long term season ticket holder, didn''t actually remember how much he played in our 1st Prem season with Lambert. However perhaps his style just doesn''t appeal to me personally. But I stick to my own opinion, I didn''t rate him then as any better than average, and as the team has moved on with Fer, Tetty & Howson with Johnson''s tenacity in front of defense there is no longer a place for Fox in the centre of midfield.

No place for him, i''d agree, and I think he needs a Jacob Butterfield style move down to a competitive championship side.

Contenders like: Leeds, Burnley, Blackpool (former club), Forest, Sheffield Wed etc could all utilise his skills better than we can now.