Sign in to follow this  
morty

David Fox

Signing for Bolton on a season-long loan.

Have got this from someone who works at the Club, before I get jumped on for lying, I obviously can''t reveal the name as his job could be at stake!

Sounds plausible to me, he''s obviously not going to get an opportunity here as he didn''t even make the League Cup squad.

Hope he gets some regular football somewhere and Bolton could certianly use his quality with the start they''ve made.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

If it is true, good luck to him.

His "world-class" passing range will be an asset to any club in the Championship.

[/quote][:D]

With the right players alongside him, we have all seen what an impact he can have both in the Prem and Championship.

Remember THAT ball for Jackson vs Portsmouth?

Good luck to him still wish he got more of a look in here. Suppose it''s hard to accomodate him though.

THAT ball for Jackson provided one of my favourite moments following NCFC, however, we can''t let sentiment get in the way. Fox has qualities that Championship teams can exploit far better than we can, he played a key role in our climb and for that we''ll always be grateful. However, like Marc Tierney, he seemed to improve as a player in people''s minds without actually playing. When he did get a chance last season he didn''t take it and his absence from the COC squad seemed to suggest that the writing was on the wall.

Was a great ball for Jackson though....

--- Warren Hill: His "world-class" passing range will be an asset to any club in the Championship.

Nice dig at a player who was a vital part of our promotion team and subsequent survival in the Premiership. With the signing of Fer it is clear his time is now up at Carrow Road.

Agreed that his time at Norwich is obviously finished, but let''s not say he was just an important part of Norwich getting promoted, he was also a vital part in Norwich''s survival - in the right formation he could still contribute to the team, but Hughton has choosen the play a different style.

Anyway, I suspect he won''t go anywhere today, but will go out on loan once the loan window opens next week for Football League clubs.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- Warren Hill: His "world-class" passing range will be an asset to any club in the Championship. Nice dig at a player who was a vital part of our promotion team and subsequent survival in the Premiership. With the signing of Fer it is clear his time is now up at Carrow Road.[/quote]

Who rattled your cage?

It''s not a dig at all, the speech marks indicate that it was someone other than myself that stated he has world class passing ability. I actually reference his contribution to our climb???

Anyway, given your criticism of the manager who led us to our highest league finish in 20 years, you must be Foghorn Myargumenthasn''tgotaLEGtostandonHORN

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

Agreed that his time at Norwich is obviously finished, but let''s not say he was just an important part of Norwich getting promoted, he was also a vital part in Norwich''s survival - in the right formation he could still contribute to the team, but Hughton has choosen the play a different style.

Anyway, I suspect he won''t go anywhere today, but will go out on loan once the loan window opens next week for Football League clubs.

[/quote]

Spot on Bethnal. A bit like Grant Holt, he didn''t suit Hughton''s style of play. Put him in an attacking team in the Championship and he''d run riot.

With Butterfield and Surman gone I think Fox is going to be stuck at Norwich unless a replacement is found. Hughton has shown to be super cautious with squad numbers and one or two injuries to central midfielders and Fox is going to be needed - he''s been on the bench already this season.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]With Butterfield and Surman gone I think Fox is going to be stuck at Norwich unless a replacement is found. Hughton has shown to be super cautious with squad numbers and one or two injuries to central midfielders and Fox is going to be needed - he''s been on the bench already this season.[/quote]Where did Surman go? I had forgotten about him.

A bit outlandish, but maybe he could provide an outlet out wide? If Snoddy was injured say. He''d put in some good crosses from deep.

At the rate he improves every week he doesn''t play I think he could do a job if Bassong got injured. With defence splitting passes instead of clearances we''d be awesome on the counter.....

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]A bit outlandish, but maybe he could provide an outlet out wide? If Snoddy was injured say. He''d put in some good crosses from deep.[/quote]

Central midfielder playing wide right......

Sure we''ve tried that somewhere already this season......

Had the majority on here wanting to sack the manager/jump off a bridge/sack the manager and push him off a bridge.[:)]

Just wondering why he is still here tbh. I don''t see him fitting in the team at all. We have a gap as reserve winger but have 4 fully adept centre mids already.

Good League 1 or average Championship player who will never play regularly for anyone in the Premier League. All the best to him and thanks for the ''average Joe'' contribution, but we have now moved on from Fox''s level. It''s only a matter of time before he''s out the door.

[quote user="Colin Teapot"]

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Bournemouth - season loan.[/quote]

I take it these are all guesses rather than you knowing anything? 

[/quote]

No....he is going to Burnley/Bolton/Bournemouth on a special FA ratified "Clubs beginning with "B" season-long loan deal".

It''s understood that Blackburn, Blackpool, Barnsley, Bury, Bristol R, Bristol C, Brentford and Barnet have opted out. Bound to have missed loads of B clubs but..

To be fair, I hope he does get a loan move, he''d be a useful acquisition for someone. Colin you had some info recently, have you heard anything on this?

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

Good League 1 or average Championship player who will never play regularly for anyone in the Premier League. All the best to him and thanks for the ''average Joe'' contribution, but we have now moved on from Fox''s level. It''s only a matter of time before he''s out the door.

[/quote]

"Average Joe Contribution"?! Please tell me you''re Trolling?

He played regularly enough and well enough for us to vote him our 3rd best player in the season before last in the Premier League, in case you had forgotten.

Couple of Championship clubs sniffing around I believe.  One does begin with a "B" funnily enough.

Hopefully for his sake soemthing should happen when the loan window reopens.

Although would be bice to get some cash for some of our players after receiving no return on investment(!) currently on Ward, Whitbread, Tierney, Martin, Jackson, Surman, Fox, Korey Smith, Lappin.......a team good enough to get promoted form the league they are mostly returning to only 2 years later!