Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Spurs/Watford tickets on General Sale

Is it only 1 ticket per person for Watford? tried to get 3 but it wouldn''t let me, I didn''t think this would be such a high demand game...

I had a problem yesterday with the online booking saying I could only have one for spurs even though its on general sale.

Planning on going to both of these, my first games of the season.

I heard from the ticket office on Friday that 850 Spurs tickets are on general sale. Modern prices and the fact that the Prem is not a "new thang" for a lot of our fans anymore means I reckon away games aren''t going to be as greatly subscribed this season.

That''s quite a few on general sale but I guess they''ve looked at what the demand was last year in deciding how many to take.  Last season I think the only away game that actually went to a ballot was the Arsenal with their £20 tickets.

As for the Spurs game - I''ve been the last two years and seen a fantastic win their under Lambert, and a draw under Hughton which was nearly as good.  It will be a first game for a lot of their new players with the exit of Bale, so in that sense it is a good time to play them.  But realistically it''s still a fixture where we''ll do well to come away with anything.

It''s one ticket per person, even though it''s general sale, so that away points are allocated to every season ticket / membership card used.

If you need more than one ticket, set up the others on the Friends and Family option first and this will allow you to buy the extras.

[quote user="GMF"]

It''s one ticket per person, even though it''s general sale, so that away points are allocated to every season ticket / membership card used.

If you need more than one ticket, set up the others on the Friends and Family option first and this will allow you to buy the extras.

[/quote]

Ah ok thanks

@GMF

Wow that''s really poor... I used to work on these ticketing site and making sure a member only got points once per away game, whilst still allowing them to purchase more than one ticket under their name was basic functionality.

It doesn''t look like any away points are being allocated for the Watford match.  For Hull they appeared in my account immediately, but nothing showing up for Watford.  Not sure if this is "correct", or a bug in the system.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]It doesn''t look like any away points are being allocated for the Watford match.  For Hull they appeared in my account immediately, but nothing showing up for Watford.  Not sure if this is "correct", or a bug in the system.[/quote]I''d be angry if the club didn''t award away points for the Watford game. Any fan who makes any sort of away trip on a midweek evening, particularly in a Cup match where some key players will be rested, should be rewarded accordingly.

For some reason it appears the club won''t award away points for the League cup, unless as stated above there''s a glitch or they just haven''t been updated yet - I suspect its the former as when I purchased Spurs tickets I was credited 50 points straight away but haven''t been for Watford. It''s a bit strange as I definitely got credited 50 points for Peterborough away in the FA Cup last season.. So league matches and FA Cup count but League Cup doesn''t - go figure!

@Matt. I was told by the nice lady in the TO on Friday that all away games are counted as 50 points towards the away total, so both cups, and I doubt she''d be fibbing re Watford.

[quote user="morty"]Just got my Spurs tickets, only upper tier left now.[/quote]Hope that''s where you''ll be sitting Morty as the view is much better. Main drawback though is the Upper Tier is very steep so there''s less scope for dancing around if/when we score.Most people stay seated during play. The stewards were hot on this last season which is fair enough as it isn''t really safe to stand for the whole 90 mins.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"]Just got my Spurs tickets, only upper tier left now.[/quote]Hope that''s where you''ll be sitting Morty as the view is much better. Main drawback though is the Upper Tier is very steep so there''s less scope for dancing around if/when we score.Most people stay seated during play. The stewards were hot on this last season which is fair enough as it isn''t really safe to stand for the whole 90 mins.[/quote]Aye, am sat in the upper tier[Y]And quite happy not standing for 90 minutes, it makes my dodgy knee ache!

Just spoke to Danny Casey the ticket office manager and he assured me that you get 50 points for ALL competitive away first team fixtures. I told him that what had been suggested on here and he assures me EVERYBODY who has bought a Watford ticket today has 50 points.

You cannot beat picking up the phone and speaking to people to sort out a potential problem rather than scare mongering on the internet. [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]You cannot beat picking up the phone and speaking to people to sort out a potential problem rather than scare mongering on the internet. [;)][/quote]I forgot that I currently had one up on you regarding that pic from the Capitals AGM a few years back... bless, you can now call it all square Mr Tilson should you desire.

Cheers for the tip fellas. It will be my first time at WHL since Flecky was up front. We got thrashed that day.

WHL is one of the relatively few Prem grounds where the stewards make the away fans sit.  It was a bit irritating 2 years back when I had a seat by the aisle and my view was repeatedly blocked by the steward going up and down trying to get people to sit down !    It was less of a problem last year when people were more used to the idea.

As for Arsenal, no idea what price they''ll set this year but we''re a category C game for them again so I wouldn''t be surprised if it''s another cheapie.

Also rather bizarrely my profile shows that I have 101 points for away games.  It doesn''t affect me as I have an away season ticket again this year, but I''ll ask them what it means next time I phone up !

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

WHL is one of the relatively few Prem grounds where the stewards make the away fans sit.  It was a bit irritating 2 years back when I had a seat by the aisle and my view was repeatedly blocked by the steward going up and down trying to get people to sit down !    It was less of a problem last year when people were more used to the idea.

As for Arsenal, no idea what price they''ll set this year but we''re a category C game for them again so I wouldn''t be surprised if it''s another cheapie.

Also rather bizarrely my profile shows that I have 101 points for away games.  It doesn''t affect me as I have an away season ticket again this year, but I''ll ask them what it means next time I phone up !

[/quote]Is there any way of checking your points total online, or do you need to ring up the ticket office?

@morty

http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/

[quote user="Ginja"]@morty

http://www.canaries.talent-sport.co.uk/

log in and then go to my account, should be able to see your total there.[/quote]Cheers[Y]

Yeah it does have uses:-)

Dare I ask after the last thread, but what pub do people usually meet up, pre-Spurs?

Wouldn''t recommend drinking near WHL. I''d say the pubs near Liverpool Street are a better bet (Hamilton Halls, The George or The Gun on Brushfield Street) then it''s only 15 mins on the train to Northumberland Park from Liverpool Street