Sign in to follow this  
Iwans 2 front teeth

We are supporters are we!

I have been avidly watching this forum for a while now and something that never cease''s to amaze me is a select fees constant crap of how key players are useless as they had one bad game, getting on players backs is going to effect their performance it happened with Torres and Downing both of which I rate at good players but have had so many people saying your crap it was bound to effect the performance. Even the like of Shearer and Andy Cole had bad games, they even had some notable goal droughts between but the fans supported them and helped them get back to where they have the potential to be! I just hope some of players do not read the negative comments you leave them as I think they all give our club everything every game, RVW proved this just this weekend, so why don''t we do what we are supposed to and support our team instead of criticising the players that got us here in the first place

Most supporters are passionate about their team and the moaning and bashing comes with it. But what do you think about the happy clappers? They are the forgiving kind to the point it actually hurts sometimes.

I completely agree with everything you said and I moaned and grumble I''m just simply highlighting a few people make a few little mistake something major and overlook the hard work and skill that got us here in the first place

I get the point but I don''t agree. I think we have the right to critisize highly payed professionals as much as we like. So they don''t get too comfortable.

clap clap clap clap clap ''we won a throw in woooo weeeeeee'' clap clap clap clap clap

people that dont question, doubt, consider alternatives and look at all the angles are generally as dumb as a bag of bricks

and this forum wouldnt have much on it

[quote user="Curious canary"]I have been avidly watching this forum for a while now and something that never cease''s to amaze me is a select fees constant crap of how key players are useless as they had one bad game, getting on players backs is going to effect their performance it happened with Torres and Downing both of which I rate at good players but have had so many people saying your crap it was bound to effect the performance. Even the like of Shearer and Andy Cole had bad games, they even had some notable goal droughts between but the fans supported them and helped them get back to where they have the potential to be! I just hope some of players do not read the negative comments you leave them as I think they all give our club everything every game, RVW proved this just this weekend, so why don''t we do what we are supposed to and support our team instead of criticising the players that got us here in the first place[/quote]

I''ve been saying the same for years, Curious - its partly why I get so much flack.  You question half the posters on here about the level of support they offer and you will be labelled a happy clapper or worse.   We all get concerned if a player or the team are struggling but if you read this board it starts putting you off football all together sometimes.  The level of over reaction beggars belief and bandwagons begin to roll - one person says something - it catches on through all the different media - twitter, forums, texting or whatever - and before you know it everyone or nearly everyone is saying it.   People need to think for themselves a bit more and not jump on the nearest bandwagon.   I was at an away  match a couple of seasons ago where I nearly walked out of our section of the ground because of the ridiculous level of abuse and negativity that was being thrown at one of our players.   Why is that?  I don''t know, but I suspect it is something to do with the poor level of football we had from  1995 - 2002 and  2005-2009 and all the negativity associated with club finances etc over the years.  People are just in the habit of rubbishing our players and our club and find it difficult to see when they should be a bit more forgiving and positive.    The moment we got Lambert in things were on the up, but people still wanted to rubbish our players - Holt in particular, every season he was here was an easy target for the negative brigade. The forum is unbalanced by those that only see  negatives - especially when we lose a match - but there needs to be more positive posts to counter that negativity, otherwise anyone looking in thinks we are a depressing bunch of  doom merchants, unable to enjoy the football our club is capable of producing - and who throw their toys out of the pram at the slightest poor performance, regardless of what the club and manager are trying to achieve in the long term.

[quote user="Benny Hill"]I get the point but I don''t agree. I think we have the right to critisize highly payed professionals as much as we like. So they don''t get too comfortable.[/quote]

That''s all well and good, but you''re assuming criticism will drive a player on to improving his performances.

More often than not, the player will just get pissed off with it, stick his fingers up to you and think ''**** you'' - shame because if you got behind said player and made him feel good when he walked out on to the Carrow Rd turf I''m sure you''d start seeing a player play with confidence. But don''t take my word for it, it''s something that''s confirmed by players time and time again.

That''s more than likely part of the reason the Steve Morison situation ended up the way it did.

He was never going to be a world beater, but he didn''t score 8 or 9 league goals in half a season by accident. Suddenly people started getting on his back and making him a scapegoat. He clearly didn''t like it, as evidenced by his reaction after the goal at Arsenal.

I''m not saying that he wasn''t due some criticism at times, but it spread throughout a large part of the fanbase and became spiteful and targeted abuse.

In one game he chased a full back downin the corner, got a challenge in, but the ball broke kindly for the full back and Morison ended up on his arse. By the time he was up the full back was 30 yards away with the ball, but a load of people around me have him a barrage of abuse for not chasing him down again. It was completely unnecessary.

Grant holt dropped an absolute clanger in their box about a minute later and not one of them uttered so much as a groan.

It''s quite a rare person that will respond well to constant abuse and criticism and perform better for it.

[quote user="Alex "]That''s all well and good, but you''re assuming criticism will drive a player on to improving his performances.[/quote] That`s correct sir. This is a game for men.

[quote user="Benny Hill"][quote user="Alex "]That''s all well and good, but you''re assuming criticism will drive a player on to improving his performances.[/quote] That`s correct sir. This is a game for men.[/quote]

That it is my friend, which is why it''s a shame our players have to endure some whining little girls sitting in the stands.

Well I guess I have to agree about the whining little girls at the stands. My point was more about criticism in general terms (like on this forum). OTBC!

we are all supporters of the club in our own way... some people fuind it hard to be positive for whatever reason, others have an uflappable positivity where even the worst game "wasn''t so bad"

and then there are those in the middle who see both sides...

it matters not which category you are, a supporter is a supporter...

The reactive moaning after a bad performance is being fairly normal.

I readily jump on the anti-Hoots negativity band-wagon after games like that at Hull.

It doesn''t take me too long to re-adjust and by the next day my thinking has assumed more perspective and become balanced again.

The constant moaners get to me a lot as, quite frankly, apart from nit-pickery there is no justification for any complaint at all .... either at ANY of the players, or of CH or of the Board. Long may it last.

This Club of ours has never been in a better place.

There!

Signed,

His Happy Clappiness. (and proud of it.)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Difficult one Jas. I find it hard to accept someone shouting abuse at players is actually supporting them.

[/quote]

THIS ^ - totally agree, Eddie.

And that, Broadstairs, is why I generally won''t be seen on here in the days following a loss. OK so it''s mainly irrational depression, but there''s also a side to it which suggests that critiques are a dish best served cold. Or something.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]And that, Broadstairs, is why I generally won''t be seen on here in the days following a loss. OK so it''s mainly irrational depression, but there''s also a side to it which suggests that critiques are a dish best served cold. Or something.[/quote]
Very well put. [Y]

[quote user="QHcanary"]That''s more than likely part of the reason the Steve Morison situation ended up the way it did. He was never going to be a world beater, but he didn''t score 8 or 9 league goals in half a season by accident. Suddenly people started getting on his back and making him a scapegoat. He clearly didn''t like it, as evidenced by his reaction after the goal at Arsenal. I''m not saying that he wasn''t due some criticism at times, but it spread throughout a large part of the fanbase and became spiteful and targeted abuse. In one game he chased a full back downin the corner, got a challenge in, but the ball broke kindly for the full back and Morison ended up on his arse. By the time he was up the full back was 30 yards away with the ball, but a load of people around me have him a barrage of abuse for not chasing him down again. It was completely unnecessary. Grant holt dropped an absolute clanger in their box about a minute later and not one of them uttered so much as a groan. It''s quite a rare person that will respond well to constant abuse and criticism and perform better for it.[/quote]

Agree wholeheartedly about Steve Morison situation.

There''s one thing I hate more than anything else about this board and that''s someone coming on here with a ''holier than thou'' attitude

You ignorant voyueristic wankstain

[quote user="refjezdavies"]There''s one thing I hate more than anything else about this board and that''s someone coming on here with a ''holier than thou'' attitude

You ignorant voyueristic wankstain[/quote]

[Y]

If you don''t want to read people''s views about players don''t read this board...simple

Everyone is entitled to their opinion

I personaly dont understand shouting and moaning for players when they are playing the game and I dont understand bashing players for the bashing sake that has nothing to do with their performance, but who they are and what they look.

BUT...

Mainly for keeping discussion alive in this forum it is quite understandable that it is pointed out after game who had a bad game and who didn''t to clear out where we are doing fine and where we could use strenghtening. Not that this would have any use for the club or players would hear our opinions.

All fans should be considered equal in my eyes, whatever their views - but if you were to try and grade supporters, you might come up with something like this?   1 = best, 10 = worst.  1.    Supporters who go to every match home and away, always positive and don''t brag about it, or think they are special2.    Supporters who go to every match they can, always positive and don''t brag about it, or think they''re special3.    Supporters who go to some matches a season, always positive and offer support and keep in touch as much as they reasonably can4.    Supporters who don''t go to any matches through circumstance or finances but who know everything that is happening to do with the club.5.    Supporters who don''t go to matches but keep their interest up in the club although not as religiously as number 4.6.    Any fans who go to matches who are passionate fans but have a tendency to moan at the slightest thing.7.    Any fans who don''t go to matches who are passionate fans but moan on-line at the slightest thing8.    Any fans who moan at everything9.    Any fans who moan at everything and have a deep seated grudge against the club10.  Any of the above who thinks that because of the way they support they are better than any other fan.

[;)]

Now all you need to do is place the posters into the categories where you think they belong and we''ll know where we stand. (with you). [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now all you need to do is place the posters into the categories where you think they belong and we''ll know where we stand. (with you). [;)]

[/quote]

People can decide for themselves - it''s up to them and their conscience......................if they have one.

[;)]  [;)]