Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Steve Stone

Iv always thought this guy has been really good for Pompey and i was very suprised that he was not offered a new contract for next season. IMO i think he would be a great signing.

I know he may be a bit old but i think he has it in him for the fizzy league

and secondly, he will be free as he has no contract.

what do you think?

[quote]Iv always thought this guy has been really good for Pompey and i was very suprised that he was not offered a new contract for next season. IMO i think he would be a great signing. I know he may be a ...[/quote]

Pompey have just sold Berger to the Villa.

He would have been a much better option than Stone who IMO is not an option at all

I agree, he has played well all season for Pompey, would add some bite and experience to our midfield and scores a few as well.  Don''t forget he played for England as well.

[quote]Pompey have just sold Berger to the Villa. He would have been a much better option than Stone who IMO is not an option at all[/quote]

I''m not so sure.  I live in Pompey and spoke to some Pompey fans on the train on Sunday.  They are very very annoyed that Stone hasn''t got a new contract.  He''s done really well this season apparently and they''ll be disappointed when he leaves.  I think we could do worse than look at Stone

Stone is a class player who could do a very good job on the right for us. You don''t gat a number of England caps without having something to offer.

[quote]I agree, he has played well all season for Pompey, would add some bite and experience to our midfield and scores a few as well. Don''t forget he played for England as well.[/quote]

Yes he did play for England, but that was about 10 years ago

nah we should be looking younger, sidwell by the way is not
an option at all.

[quote]I think he could be a good, solid experienced midfielder to play with Safri, good buy if we can get him - how old is he?[/quote]

Excellent question Helsinki - I think he is in his early thirties and to be honest I think that is far too old for a championship midfielder.  

However we do need numbers as well as ability and wide right is weak assuming Bents does not sign - depends who else is available out there.

OTBC 

I heard that when he was injured Pompey were desperate to get him fit because they only played well when he was playing. Sounds good to me.

He could be a very good buy short term but would he come here on only a one year contract and if not would we want to pay his wages for a second year when he''s showing his age a bit more and stuggling to keep up, particularly if Norwich are in the premiership then.