Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

The Snakepit

"the snake pit is an excruciating embarrassment, i''m sure in there minds eye its occupants are some sort of super ultras who let of flairs and bounce up and down arms linked singing highly provocative songs of hate...
the reality is a bunch of seemingly simple folk  who''s most daring feet is standing up until they are told to sit down, and every week some pleb has a gut full of p1ss takes his turn to be chucked out to much feigned anger from his compatriots who soon forget about him and get back to being really naughty and standing up and being cheeky to the stewards"

hardly. just a group of lads who want to get behind the team by making some noise and standing up.

i know this bizarre occurence may seem on par with a baying Galatasaray mob, but if the rest of our fans were slightly less sheltered and afraid of a tiny bit of action at a football match, they may realise the snakepit isnt that bad! Honest!

[quote user="7cc"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I suppose if it wasn''t full every Saturday, the burglary statistics would skyrocket.[/quote]

haha they are mainly working class males, so therefore they must all be burglars. brilliant

[quote user="deltic31"]They seem to think that the no standing rule doesn''t apply to them. Just like being back at school really![/quote]

everybody in there wants to stand, everybody knows what it''s going to be like when you buy a ticket there. nobody cares. why complain about something that doesnt affect you?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Poundland were having a sale.[/quote]

haha everybody who sits there is poor. its funny when people are poor isnt it? brilliant

never post on here but these 3 comments really are pathetic

[/quote]I thoroughly agree.

I''ve sat in there with my st for over 15 years now. It''s a great laugh with people who enjoy a sing song , get a few knob heads. But the majority are fine who would rather stand and sing than sit and be quiet like other areas.

Each to their own though . , oh and I work , I have my own house , own clothes , and own teeth and have never burgled ;)

I prefer the good ole banter me and my chums have in the River End, we bring our pack lunch, lap blankets, the old boi behind me dribbles from his mouth on my back, us chums usually laugh at my expense at this, the three young hodlums in front of us bring there half and half scarfs every home game, boy we chuckle, after the game, if we have won, we stop and have a half a shandy, sit round the table and find everything about the game to moan about, then its off home were my wife has been waiting with a chicken supper, Boy i lover N+P Stand!!!

[quote user="QHcanary"]It''s the name that gets me. I cringe every time I hear it.[/quote]

Yeah, if I had the surname Butler I wouldn''t want to be called Rob

I can assure you 95% of the snake pit are true die hard city supporters and show that by their singing and passion at every home match.

Ive been following Norwich for 30 odd years and can assure you there are a lot more muppets in the barclay end than in the snake pit.

[quote user="Frying Pan Eyes"]I can assure you 95% of the snake pit are true die hard city supporters and show that by their singing and passion at every home match.

Ive been following Norwich for 30 odd years and can assure you there are a lot more muppets in the barclay end than in the snake pit.[/quote]Yes, but the Barclay is ten times bigger.  Now if you were talking about muppets as a percentage of the overall population...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Frying Pan Eyes"]I can assure you 95% of the snake pit are true die hard city supporters and show that by their singing and passion at every home match.

Ive been following Norwich for 30 odd years and can assure you there are a lot more muppets in the barclay end than in the snake pit.[/quote]Yes, but the Barclay is ten times bigger.  Now if you were talking about muppets as a percentage of the overall population...[/quote]

Have you ever been in the Snakepit, Mr Chops?

Glad my comments instigated some mainly interesting discussion but I''m still not sure where all these "special" Snakepit fans were on the night of the Bury Cup match??

[quote user="morty"]There was some kind of problem with the online booking, apparently it was showing as sold out.
[/quote]

There is the answer and who described the snakepit as "special" ?

Perhaps they just couldn''t be arsed.

I was surprised by the small number!

They seem to think they are a cut above the rest of us!

we dont think we''re "a cut above the rest" - we just think that we''re the best at actually creating an atmosophere.

because we are.

[quote user="deltic31"]Perhaps they just couldn''t be arsed.

They seem to think they are a cut above the rest of us![/quote]Its already been said there was a cock-up with the online ticketing system, and it was showing as sold out. Had there had not been, I would much rather have sat there than the Jarrold.

They seem to think they are a cut above the rest of us![/quote]

I was among many who phoned up and asked for my normal seat in the SP to be told it wasn''t available. I asked for anywhere in the SP and had to pick my ticket up that evening. I had thought that the idea of the new card was to give me a credit on the card so that when i went through the turnstile it would acknowledge that payment had been made. As it happened my normal seat was not taken and i sat there anyway. Gremlins in the system as well as on this board.

I do not know the origins of the naming of this section of the ground but the following definitions suggest it is wrongly named.

1. a mental hospital marked by squalor and inhumane or indifferent care for the patients.

2. an intensely chaotic or disagreeable place or situation.

On the other hand.....

H

They seem to think they are a cut above the rest of us![/quote]

Why do you have a problem with the Snakepit? I don''t know or care where you sit but certainly wouldn''t start having a go at you for it.