Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

The Snakepit

The way the Snakepit is portrayed at matches before the singing of "On the Ball City" by the announcer ie ........ and the Snakepit! as if fans there are the hub of support and the way they appear to believe they are, I wondered where they all were on the evening of the Bury match last week?    About 3 people sitting in that area!

There was some kind of problem with the online booking, apparently it was showing as sold out.

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]The way the Snakepit is portrayed at matches before the singing of "On the Ball City" by the announcer ie ........ and the Snakepit! as if fans there are the hub of support and the way they appear to believe they are, I wondered where they all were on the evening of the Bury match last week?    About 3 people sitting in that area![/quote]Poundland were having a sale.

They were washing their hair Myra!

On the other matter you should hear us sing OTBC in "the blankets". Kev the steward has a metronome[8]

Without the Snakepit, the atmosphere at Carrow Road would be awful. Why people choose to have a go, I really can''t understand.

[quote user="Dicky"]Without the Snakepit, the atmosphere at Carrow Road would be awful.[/quote]I suppose if it wasn''t full every Saturday, the burglary statistics would skyrocket.

[quote user="deltic31"]They seem to think that the no standing rule doesn''t apply to them. Just like being back at school really![/quote]

Well, that does sound like a schoolboy comment - Sir, Sir, they keep standing up when they shouldn''t. Get a life.

A very good point Myra. It''s always annoyed me how they do that.If he''s announcing the areas of the ground in order he should call the Snakepit before the Barclay, which as we all know, (excluding many in the snakepit) is both the noisiest area and the long standing hub of our support.

They seem to think that they are the ''Holy Grail'' of supporters. The Barclay was in existence long before the Snakepit!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
I suppose if it wasn''t full every Saturday, the burglary statistics would skyrocket.

[/quote]

haha they are mainly working class males, so therefore they must all be burglars. brilliant

[quote user="deltic31"]They seem to think that the no standing rule doesn''t apply to them. Just like being back at school really![/quote]

everybody in there wants to stand, everybody knows what it''s going to be like when you buy a ticket there. nobody cares. why complain about something that doesnt affect you?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Poundland were having a sale.

[/quote]

haha everybody who sits there is poor. its funny when people are poor isnt it? brilliant

never post on here but these 3 comments really are pathetic

Actually I know a fair few people who regularly sit in the Snakepit and none of them follow any of the generalisations given. For starters that is where my mother and her friend sit when she attends when her friends son cant make it.

Both teachers, very vocal as you can imagine, when using their ''outside voices''!

The others are family chaps and work hard enough but not really from working class backgrounds.

None are burglars. Just die hard NCFC fans. I went with them once, went to the Queen of Iceni first and this woman''s son and a couple of his friends were getting chants going in there, for fun, but it was brilliant.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

7cc - you may need to read through the Forum a bit more - Whoosh!

[/quote]

And perhaps be on the look out for a sense of humour...  [;)]

[quote user="7cc"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]
I suppose if it wasn''t full every Saturday, the burglary statistics would skyrocket.

[/quote]

haha they are mainly working class males, so therefore they must all be burglars. brilliant

everybody in there wants to stand, everybody knows what it''s going to be like when you buy a ticket there. nobody cares. why complain about something that doesnt affect you?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Poundland were having a sale.

[/quote]

haha everybody who sits there is poor. its funny when people are poor isnt it? brilliant

[/quote]

Obviously you do not do tongue in cheek humour. [:$]

[quote user="chicken"].....

None are burglars. Just die hard NCFC fans..... [/quote]Must admit I haven''t seen anyone in there in a cap, mask, stripey top, carrying a sack with the SWAG logo and with a crowbar in their back pocket.Perhaps they don''t like the subtle look ?

[quote user="7cc"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I suppose if it wasn''t full every Saturday, the burglary statistics would skyrocket.[/quote]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Poundland were having a sale.[/quote]

[/quote]Most men can manage 10cc.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="7cc"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I suppose if it wasn''t full every Saturday, the burglary statistics would skyrocket.[/quote]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Poundland were having a sale.[/quote]

[/quote]Most men can manage 10cc.[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/640232a712_zps57437961.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/640232a712_zps57437961.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="crispeduk"]Thanks for info re. online booking, wondered why it was so quiet in there.[/quote]Yeah, it annoyed me, I ended up in the Jarrold, and would much rather have been somewhere a bit livelier.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Like the Marie Celeste?[/quote]The grumbling kind of passed for noise, of sorts.

"The grumbling kind of passed for noise, of sorts."

Sometimes, just rarely, you can hear emotion in their voices.

A rare sight indeed.

Most of you on here, have''nt got the balls to sit in the Snake pit, perhaps ruffling your fleece lap blankets is the most noise you hear on a Matchday!!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]Most of you on here, have''nt got the balls to sit in the Snake pit, perhaps ruffling your fleece lap blankets is the most noise you hear on a Matchday!![/quote]

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/Gort_666/media/moron.jpg.html][IMG]http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg8/Gort_666/moron.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

the snake pit is an excruciating embarrassment, i''m sure in there minds eye its occupants are some sort of super ultras who let of flairs and bounce up and down arms linked singing highly provocative songs of hate...the reality is a bunch of seemingly simple folk  who''s most daring feet is standing up until they are told to sit down, and every week some pleb has a gut full of p1ss takes his turn to be chucked out to much feigned anger from his compatriots who soon forget about him and get back to being really naughty and standing up and being cheeky to the stewards  [:)]

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]The way the Snakepit is portrayed at matches before the singing of "On the Ball City" by the announcer ie ........ and the Snakepit! as if fans there are the hub of support and the way they appear to believe they are, I wondered where they all were on the evening of the Bury match last week?    About 3 people sitting in that area![/quote]

One of the 3 must have been Rob Butler then, as he often refers to the fact that he is in the Snakepit on matchdays in his Radio Norfolk post match phone ins.