Sign in to follow this  
kirku

Mo Sissoko

Ex-Liverpool, Juve and PSG midfielder is a free agent after his contract was terminated by PSG on Monday. Reading are apparently in for him.

Would be a decent signing and probably (haven''t seen him since his Liverpool days) an upgrade on what we''ve got. Certainly more suited to the holding role than Fox.

Thoughts?

Cant free agents be signed at anytime aslong as they were released before the end of the transfer window ?I think the premier league registration date would be more of the problem ?

Would he get ahead of Fer, Johnson, Tettey or Howson here? He''ll probably want fairly good wages too. Was a decent player, but not sure we need him really.

[quote user="York Canary"]Would he get ahead of Fer, Johnson, Tettey or Howson here? He''ll probably want fairly good wages too. Was a decent player, but not sure we need him really.[/quote]

Not picking on you York as this is just the latest example of a point commonly made in recent days.

But, why is there the assumption that players will make unrealistic and unaffordable wage demands when they are unemployed?

Free agents have no club, therefore, no job and no income. Why would they price themselves out of work?

Fair point mate, I''m only saying that because being a free agent means no transfer fee as such and therefore more can be spent on wages. Having just come from PSG (and Juve before) I''d assume he was paid quite well. Saying that, he''s being linked with Reading so may not be after big wages after all. Still a decent age too. Either way, I''m not sure we need him really. Seems to be a position where we''re quite well covered

I suspect he''d be better than both Jonno and Tettey although I do concede that''s based on nothing but reputation.

Great idea! Add another defensive midfielder to our already too big a number list of midfielders

Too big a number? 2 really isn''t that big (Fox can''t play that role and Fer would be utterly wasted there).

[quote user="kirku"]Too big a number? 2 really isn''t that big (Fox can''t play that role and Fer would be utterly wasted there).[/quote]His previous clubs are Valencia, Liverpool, Juventus and PSG – always liked him at Liverpool, and once he regained full match fitness I think he''d be a step up from Fox, Tettey, Johnson or Howson. Him and Fer in the centre of the park would be pretty imposing! That said, I guess there must be a reason why no top-flight clubs have come in for a player of his calibre – and can''t imagine that reason would be wages if he''s in talks with a Championship club.

He''s similar to Johnson in the way he plays – hard as nails with bags of stamina – but is a much better footballer. I remember him as being uncomplicated and reliable, give or take the odd rash challenge, whereas Johnson has a propensity to try to ''overplay'' and consequently misplace passes. Bradley just doesn''t seem to learn from his mistakes in terms of his distribution – I think Sissoko would be a quantum leap from Johnson and Tettey if we could get him fit. Him and Fer would complement each other really well IMO.

[quote user="Joey Deacan"][quote user="Vanwink"]I prefer you in character Joey[/quote]

Roleplay ? Im game if you are
[/quote]

I think my Great Aunt went out dancing with you in the 50''s![:)]

Yes, out of the window go any form of ''due diligence''. No checking up on him both socially and in his general attitude. No monitoring ... absolutely nothing.

Just the fact that another club doesn''t want him.

that''s all