Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Our Internationals

SwedenOlsson - StartElmander - StartEnglandRuddy - BenchScotlandSnodgrass - StartWhittaker - StartMartin - StartRepublic of IrelandPilkington - BenchHoolahan - BenchHollandWolfswinkel - BenchHave I missed anyone? :o

[quote user="alartz"]How odd is it to say Andrew crofts in the same team as Gareth bale.[/quote]Not so sure they will risk bringing Bale on, its been a bit of a tasty game!

Slightly off topic, but has anyone seen how storng the subs are for Belgium? Mignolet, Mirallas, Lukaku and Demeble cant evn get a game. You have got to wonder what they are doing in Belgium to accumulate so many good players at a point in time given that the country is tiny.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Slightly off topic, but has anyone seen how storng the subs are for Belgium? Mignolet, Mirallas, Lukaku and Demeble cant evn get a game. You have got to wonder what they are doing in Belgium to accumulate so many good players at a point in time given that the country is tiny.[/quote]3 of those players are about as Belgian as you probably are... thats how they are doing so well ATM!

in all honesty it shows how a smaller nation is investing in the right areas to bring through good quality players... Perhaps the FA should sit down and chat with their Belgian Counterparts...

Snodgrass at the moment is not having a positive effect in matches.   Everything he does appears negative.  He gets in good positions and then fails to do the positive thing, whether its to cross, stay on his feet, or whatever.   His body language is that of someone who really wants to do well, but can''t quite do it.  His play is full of frustration. Trying to get cheap free kicks - usually when he knows he is going to lose the ball anyway -  failing to cross when he should - its as if he is expecting too much of himself.    He just needs to do simple things well and forget all the other stuff - blaming refs, linos, falling over, running in to dead ends.  He just needs to simplify his game and be a bit more positive.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Slightly off topic, but has anyone seen how storng the subs are for Belgium? Mignolet, Mirallas, Lukaku and Demeble cant evn get a game. You have got to wonder what they are doing in Belgium to accumulate so many good players at a point in time given that the country is tiny.[/quote]3 of those players are about as Belgian as you probably are... thats how they are doing so well ATM![/quote]

Not sure what you mean Has, all four are Belgian born . . . .

LDC,I couldnt disagree with a single word. The key is, assuming that Ch is not stupid, is what is his plan to turn this around. Personally, I think Snoddy needs to feel the heat of competition. Both Pilks and Redmond can play on the right, and maybe it is time for Snoddy to get his focus back.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]LDC,I couldnt disagree with a single word. The key is, assuming that Ch is not stupid, is what is his plan to turn this around. Personally, I think Snoddy needs to feel the heat of competition. Both Pilks and Redmond can play on the right, and maybe it is time for Snoddy to get his focus back.[/quote]

It was a blow to the team when Bennett got injured, but I am sure you are right.  He needs something to get him to be more positive.  Just working your socks off isn''t enough.  It''s good that he tries so hard, but sometimes it is at the expense of  good attacking situations which then go to waste.

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]LDC Muttered "Snodgrass at the moment is not having a positive effect in matches. Everything he does appears negative. "

Bit like your posts[/quote]LDC is many things, but "negative" would not even make the top twenty.And for what it''s worth, Snodgrass does seem a bit off-form at the moment.  Not at his best against Southampton, taken off after under an hour for Scotland - something not quite right at the moment with one of our key players.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]LDC Muttered "Snodgrass at the moment is not having a positive effect in matches. Everything he does appears negative. " Bit like your posts[/quote]

LDC is many things, but "negative" would not even make the top twenty.

And for what it''s worth, Snodgrass does seem a bit off-form at the moment.  Not at his best against Southampton, taken off after under an hour for Scotland - something not quite right at the moment with one of our key players.
[/quote]

Is his wife/girlfriend/family still in scotland? I remember his wife/girlfriend having an accident in Glasgow, of course she could have just been visiting.

If that is the case I think it has a negative effect on anyone in any walk of life.

Of course I may be totally wrong and he may have hils loved ones living here.

But he is def off song

[quote user="Mister Chops"]In my experience, just having a pregnant wife can put you off your game somewhat.

[/quote]

Didnt know she was pregnant....is she pregnant and living in scotland

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Time to give Snoddy a wee rest and let Redmond loose on the right wing for a while.[/quote]Not sure, I still think its mostly a fitness thing, and when I watched the U21''s Redmond was a lot better on the left.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Time to give Snoddy a wee rest and let Redmond loose on the right wing for a while.[/quote]

Not sure, I still think its mostly a fitness thing, and when I watched the U21''s Redmond was a lot better on the left.
[/quote]

I didnt watch the U21 did he play on both wings

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Joanna Grey"]Time to give Snoddy a wee rest and let Redmond loose on the right wing for a while.[/quote]Not sure, I still think its mostly a fitness thing, and when I watched the U21''s Redmond was a lot better on the left.[/quote]

I didnt watch the U21 did he play on both wings

[/quote]Yeah he started on the left, but then switched to the right, he was a lot more effective on the left cutting in, as I never realised just how right footed he is. He was still okay on the right mind.

Spent the evening channel hopping so maybe this isn''t a fully informed post but thought all our lads did well with the exception of Snodders, who, as has already been said, seemed to carry his club form into the match and Whittaker who had a really tough time and was made to look very ordinary at times.