Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Robbie Savage thinks we will finish top 10

The bit that made me laugh is when he said something to the effect of "I wont keep changing my mind like I did last season".  I will give aspiration less than a month.

The awkward moment when Robbie Savage has a more optimistic outlook on our season than most of the Norwich fans who post hereFunny Old World.Im expecting Owen to come out and say Redmond is better than Sterling soon.... Second thought.... no chance

Reading,re your point about Owen, it does make you think how the TV companies (with the notable exception of Sky most of the time) choose their pundits. They seem to consistently front up bland types that are universally derided by most fans. One thing they all have in common is a real dislike of praising a non-top 6 team (except Swansea) unless that said team is being used to demonstrate how a top 6 team has done something wrong.Admittedly Savage tries to be controversial, but this is just an image thing rather than having anything to do with what actually comes out of his mouth. Oh for more Lee Dixons and Gary Nevilles.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]He had us as one of the 3 to go down just over a month ago. Another clueless pundit trying to fill up air time. Mentalist![/quote]Actually, in his defence, he had to make some predictions before the transfer market had even opened, he had us for relegation then. He then said AFTER we''d made the signings that the signings we have made are superb and he could see us top 10.

I do like him, but Savage hasnt got a clue about us. Like everyone has already said on this thread, He has had wrote us off as relegated about six weeks ago. [:|]

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Reading,re your point about Owen, it does make you think how the TV companies (with the notable exception of Sky most of the time) choose their pundits. They seem to consistently front up bland types that are universally derided by most fans. One thing they all have in common is a real dislike of praising a non-top 6 team (except Swansea) unless that said team is being used to demonstrate how a top 6 team has done something wrong.Admittedly Savage tries to be controversial, but this is just an image thing rather than having anything to do with what actually comes out of his mouth. Oh for more Lee Dixons and Gary Nevilles.[/quote]Yeah Gary Neville and Dixon blow every other pundit out of the waterWhy MOTD got rid of Dixon I will never know

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Last year he had us to go down and Villa to finish top 10... I think, anyway.[/quote]No he had Villa to go down and us about 13th I think. He was getting abused by Villa fans big time on twitter

[quote user="TheRock"]I do like him, but Savage hasnt got a clue about us. Like everyone has already said on this thread, He has had wrote us off as relegated about six weeks ago. [:|][/quote]Before the transfer window opened. Transfers obviously changed his mind

Yeah he made his original predictions before any signings were made and then made more predictions once transfers had been made. Always find it completely pointless getting a pundit to predict an upcoming season before anyone had signed any players!!

If I was a neutral, based on some excellent signings, I would possibly make the same prediction.But lets face it, its all guesswork, quite literally, anything could happen.Would anyone on here stick their neck out, and go on the telly and make predictions, and take the ensuing flak if you get it wrong?

[quote user="morty"]If I was a neutral, based on some excellent signings, I would possibly make the same prediction.But lets face it, its all guesswork, quite literally, anything could happen.Would anyone on here stick their neck out, and go on the telly and make predictions, and take the ensuing flak if you get it wrong?[/quote]If I got their appearance and royalty fees, I''d grow my hair like Lawro''s, wear one of Shearer''s personality-free shirts, and sit on Gary Lineker''s lap while I made those predictions.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Reading,re your point about Owen, it does make you think how the TV companies (with the notable exception of Sky most of the time) choose their pundits. They seem to consistently front up bland types that are universally derided by most fans. One thing they all have in common is a real dislike of praising a non-top 6 team (except Swansea) unless that said team is being used to demonstrate how a top 6 team has done something wrong.Admittedly Savage tries to be controversial, but this is just an image thing rather than having anything to do with what actually comes out of his mouth. Oh for more Lee Dixons and Gary Nevilles.[/quote]Yeah Gary Neville and Dixon blow every other pundit out of the waterWhy MOTD got rid of Dixon I will never know[/quote]

Reading, you''ll be pleased to know that the BBC never got rid of Lee - what actually happened was his contract was up in the summer and ITV offered Lee a near 8 figure fee (for a year!) to join them and cover this seasons Champions League coverage and next years World Cup. BBC tried to keep him but he''s a very shrewd businessman. A very nice bloke with zero ego, and as is agreed a top impartial pundit.

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Reading,re your point about Owen, it does make you think how the TV companies (with the notable exception of Sky most of the time) choose their pundits. They seem to consistently front up bland types that are universally derided by most fans. One thing they all have in common is a real dislike of praising a non-top 6 team (except Swansea) unless that said team is being used to demonstrate how a top 6 team has done something wrong.Admittedly Savage tries to be controversial, but this is just an image thing rather than having anything to do with what actually comes out of his mouth. Oh for more Lee Dixons and Gary Nevilles.[/quote]Yeah Gary Neville and Dixon blow every other pundit out of the waterWhy MOTD got rid of Dixon I will never know[/quote]

Reading, you''ll be pleased to know that the BBC never got rid of Lee - what actually happened was his contract was up in the summer and ITV offered Lee a near 8 figure fee (for a year!) to join them and cover this seasons Champions League coverage and next years World Cup. BBC tried to keep him but he''s a very shrewd businessman. A very nice bloke with zero ego, and as is agreed a top impartial pundit.[/quote]I sincerely hope you mean 7 figure fee, because I''d be pretty disgusted if someone was getting nearly 10 million quid a year to talk about football...... [:|]

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="Alex "][quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Reading,re your point about Owen, it does make you think how the TV companies (with the notable exception of Sky most of the time) choose their pundits. They seem to consistently front up bland types that are universally derided by most fans. One thing they all have in common is a real dislike of praising a non-top 6 team (except Swansea) unless that said team is being used to demonstrate how a top 6 team has done something wrong.Admittedly Savage tries to be controversial, but this is just an image thing rather than having anything to do with what actually comes out of his mouth. Oh for more Lee Dixons and Gary Nevilles.[/quote]Yeah Gary Neville and Dixon blow every other pundit out of the waterWhy MOTD got rid of Dixon I will never know[/quote]

Reading, you''ll be pleased to know that the BBC never got rid of Lee - what actually happened was his contract was up in the summer and ITV offered Lee a near 8 figure fee (for a year!) to join them and cover this seasons Champions League coverage and next years World Cup. BBC tried to keep him but he''s a very shrewd businessman. A very nice bloke with zero ego, and as is agreed a top impartial pundit.[/quote]I sincerely hope you mean 7 figure fee, because I''d be pretty disgusted if someone was getting nearly 10 million quid a year to talk about football...... [:|][/quote]

Haha sorry, I meant a near 7 figure fee not 8!

Agreed as to Lee Dixon.

But what really astonished me last season and continues to do every single week is just how intelligent and insightful Gary Neviile is. Who would have thought that from watching him as a player?

Watching Jamie Carragher trying to be his partner in the first weeks of the season just underlined for me how professional and good Neville is.

Savage on the other hand is just a walking mammary,

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]If I was a neutral, based on some excellent signings, I would possibly make the same prediction.But lets face it, its all guesswork, quite literally, anything could happen.Would anyone on here stick their neck out, and go on the telly and make predictions, and take the ensuing flak if you get it wrong?[/quote]If I got their appearance and royalty fees, I''d grow my hair like Lawro''s, wear one of Shearer''s personality-free shirts, and sit on Gary Lineker''s lap while I made those predictions.[/quote]

Please Chops, never leave this forum*, still my favourite poster by miles.

*I understand that it is inevitable you will leave the forum at some point, because you''ll die. But I didn''t want to put a downer on things so I didn''t mention it.