Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Forget the internationals....

What''s the team going to be for Spurs?  We have given a good account of ourselves there and at Carrow Rd against Tottingham recently, so what about it.   A good draw last season - an ENTERTAINING draw, if I remember rightly and could have won  - we couldn''t have gone there to win, surely?   No, couldn''t possibly have...........;-).

RuddyWhittaker   Turner Bassong  Garrido                   Fer  JohnsonPilkington        Elmander           Redmond                        RVWSubs: Hooper (if fit),  Howson, Hoolahan, Martin, Snodgrass, Ollson, Bunn

LDC,I would take that team except I would prefer Ollson at LB. Tettey is also bound to be named as a sub as cover for BJ, so that would mean someone dropping off your list of outfield subs as Hoolahan, Howson and Hooper are taking up three slots covering for two players (Elmander and RVW).

I think Garridos had a decent start to the season, and i''d wait for him to have a poor game before putting Ollson in, to keep players on their toes.

I''d also like to see tettey next to fer, bar that I agree with your line up LDC. perhaps hooper to come on for elmander if needed in the second half

If you''re dropping Snodgrass surely it would be better to have Pilks on the left and Redmond, the right?

Think Redmond can play on both wings, and I have never seen Pilkington play on the right.

Having said that I''d keep Snodgrass in the side and hope he hits form, he''ll be a key player for us season and needs game time to get into his stride

Looking forward to this one as we seem to have quite a good record against Spurs in the last couple of seasons! I''d go for the same team, if it isn''t broke don''t fix it!

Last season''s game at White Hart Lane was a game I actually managed to attend....and its a game in which City played really well, should have won and were clearly going for the win. The thing this year is that Spurs have so many new signings its difficult to know what they will perform like, which could be to our advantage with so many new players pr our disadvantage if all that talent clicks.

As for the team, I cant see many if any changes, but would personally prefer Olsson for Garrido as I am sure they will have plenty of pace.

Mark makes a good point actually, Garrido could struggle against Tottenham''s pacey right hand side.. Kyle Walker, Aaron Lennon and Lamela?

Perhaps Olsson would be better suited to handing this type of threat

Yeah I think if we are looking at starting Pilks and Redmond, they need to switch wings. As Nathan is right-footed, I''m sure Spurs will have watched him to see how he cuts inside over the first 3 games. Maybe put him on the right, and see him beat a man and cross the ball. Then second half bring Snoddy on for him or Pilks.
If you had to have Tettey on the bench in place of anyone, I think at this stage it''d have to be Hoolahan. I want to see if Howson can really perform in the hole, and maybe a 20-30 sub appearance for Elmander we could see how he does. We know what Hoolahan can do, and as much as I love him, Howson is younger and the future supposedly. So it''d be nice to see if he can start to perform there.
Agree with the rest of the team.

I agree with that team although id swap Snoddy for Pilks.

Against Southampton he looked a little unfit, last season he was one of our best performers so lets hope he hits form again soon.

I agree about garrido struggling with spurs'' pace down the eight so Olsson for garrido too for me.

Drop hoolahan off the bench for Tettey though.

What # game was the spurs away game last season? I remember it as the first game snodds making an impression on me in a Norwich shirt. I can''t remember if he had been lost his spot to benno the game before though...

if he played right through until the spurs game then it''s best to keep him in, as last season would suggest he needs a run of games to gain form.

[quote user="Lord Eddard Stark"]Pretty sure it was our second away, and third game in total, after Fulham and QPR[/quote]

That''s right.  Our visits to WHL the last couple of seasons have been very enjoyable, let''s hope the pattern continues.

I have to agree about keeping in Snoddy, he creates too many of our goals to leave out when he''s fit, and it would be hard to drop Redmond now.  So I agree with the OP except like others I would prefer Olsson at LB against their speedy attackers.

"Winter is coming..."

Garrido deserves to keep his place but i''d like Olsson to be given a go off the bench at least.

It''s hard to drop Redmond in such sparkling form, so he stays in, with Pilks there in case he is having an off day.

To summarise, i''d put the same team out that we did versus Southampton but have Hooper and Olsson on the bench.

I''d like to see him pick the same team as he did against Southampton, but I wouldn''t be surprised to see Pilks start ahead of Redmond to counter Spurs right hand side attack. I wouldn''t really mind that, with Redmond to come on for the last 20 to take advantage of a tiring defence. I just really hope he sticks with Elmander behind RVW.

[quote user="Fleckys Flip Flop"]  I just really hope he sticks with Elmander behind RVW.[/quote]

I thought that was the "weakest" part of our performance against Southampton.

RVW covered a lot of ground for the cause, without having much to show for it.

But I didn''t think Elmander offered much. He did ok in the first half but it was obvious early in the second half he wasn''t really doing anything. Probably stayed on a bit longer than he should have.

Not saying he''s a bad player and not saying he won''t get better. But if I had to take that one game in isolation I would not be particularly keen to see that forward line again.