Sign in to follow this  
e10_yellow

Non-League Day 2013 - this Saturday

Not seen it mentioned on here this year so just to inform that this Saturday 7th September is the 2013 instalment of national Non-League Day - with no Norwich game or any other PL/Championship fixtures it''s an opportune time to pop down to your local non-league team. Weather forecast looking good and most if not all of the following applicable: Cheap entry, friendly welcome, family friendly, stand up/sit down/wander around where you like, drink beer in view of the pitch. Lots of bumper crowds expected all over.

Some local fixtures in Norfolk and north Suffolk on Saturday...

Lowestoft Town v Hendon

Kings Lynn Town v Droylesden

Swaffham Town v Team Bury

Fakenham Town v Kings Lynn Reserves

Gorleston v Newmarket Town

Great Yarmouth Town v AFC Sudbury Reserves

Kirkley & Pakefield v Ely City

Bungay Town v Brandon Town (this one is even better than free entry as they''re doing a promo where you will get paid 5p for turning up!)

For those who live elsewhere there''s a map at http://www.nonleagueday.co.uk/map.html

If nothing else it''s better than going shopping

The Pink''un Role Model wrote ''''A trip to Gorleston probably. Top of the league and already made it to the first round of the FA Cup''''Ummm.... You better check your facts before posting again....!

I took the boys to see my local side, Kingstonian, play Grays Athletic - I''d not been for a few years so was nice to rekindle my interest. It was a pretty good game with the K''s winning 4-1 and staying top of the Ryman league.....they had a special offer for ''Non League Day'' visiting season ticket holders so I got in for £5 and the boys were free :-). Not bad at all.

It is certainly worth giving ''lesser'' (without meaning to sound patronising!) sides a look - I can''t do away NCFC games, so we''ve been to Brentford and Wimbledon as well so far this season, and seen some good games for much less than PL prices!

[quote user="ryanncfc"]The Pink''un Role Model wrote ''''A trip to Gorleston probably. Top of the league and already made it to the first round of the FA Cup''''Ummm.... You better check your facts before posting again....![/quote]
They were at the time, before Norwich Utd played an extra game.

The Pink''un Role Model said
''''They were at the time, before Norwich Utd played an extra game.''''
I wasn''t talking about the top of the League bit, there are still 5/6/7 rounds in the FA Cup till the first round proper begins.....

Already made it to the first round qualifying of the FA Cup.  
Happy now Mr Pedantic? Even though it was reasonable not to make the distinction between qualifying and proper, as the proper round doesn''t begin until November.