Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Well done James Vaughan

Of course its all "What ifs" and "What could have beens", none of this debate matters, as it is all academic, the guy didn''t want to be here and he moved on, best of luck to him.Would I rather see a fit and wanting to be here James Vaughn on the bench instead of Becchio?Yes I would.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Within a couple of months of moving here his other half and two little kids moved back to Liverpool because she did not like it down in Norfolk/Norwich.

How many more times has this got to be said ? Houghton obviously then had an unhappy player on his hands so the move closer to him was the obvious and best answer for all concerned .....Vaughan,his family and Norwich City FC.

His father who plays a big part in Vaughan''s affairs was trying to engineer a move behind the scenes and if he had not gone to Huddersfield he was being touted to go to Derby.

Anyway well done to James Vaughan and his award but this stupid nonsense about Hughton making a big mistake is well wide of the mark.

[/quote]Really? [:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Yeah, he''s krap and slow and all of our current strikers are a level above him.  I''m sure he''s even slower than Molby was when he played for us.  He was desperate to get away pretty much from the minute he signed, I know this because I said it''s a fact.  Just ignore what his mate and current NCFC player tweeted recently about his leaving, he knows nothing.  We have moved on to another level way beyond Vaughan and the fact that he is playing in the Championship proves this beyond doubt! This is becoz every player at a lower than the Premiership is krap and every player at Prem level is ace.  Now zip it!!![:@][:@][:@]

[/quote]

Would you play Vaughan instead of Hooper or Rvw?

Well?

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Within a couple of months of moving here his other half and two little kids moved back to Liverpool because she did not like it down in Norfolk/Norwich.

How many more times has this got to be said ? Houghton obviously then had an unhappy player on his hands so the move closer to him was the obvious and best answer for all concerned .....Vaughan,his family and Norwich City FC.

His father who plays a big part in Vaughan''s affairs was trying to engineer a move behind the scenes and if he had not gone to Huddersfield he was being touted to go to Derby.

Anyway well done to James Vaughan and his award but this stupid nonsense about Hughton making a big mistake is well wide of the mark.

[/quote]

Really? [:^)]
[/quote]

It took a day for somebody to spot it so proves some people never take on board what is posted. I of course should have posted Howton [;)]

RVW4YC, I absolutely would because Hooper is currently injured and JV isn''t. But he is knocking them in.

Javi''s Translator, were top 6 clubs vying for Ellmander? If not, they won''t in the future when he''s even older. If Vaughn can put together an injury-free run, why wouldn''t he draw their attentions?

I just dont get it ?!Hes not a Norwich player. He played for us FIVE , times competatively.He''s injury proneWhy all the fuss about him and IF he could have cut it and IF he would have been the next big thingEvidently hes NOT, WASNT, HASNT BEEN , NEVER WILL BESad part is the likes of Vaughen and Cody ( and i liked Cody....when we were in league 1  !!!!! ) get more attention than arguably best player of the modern era and certainly this era leaving !! ( Grant Holt, not Butterbean btw )

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I just dont get it ?!

Hes not a Norwich player.
He played for us FIVE , times competatively.
He''s injury prone

Why all the fuss about him and IF he could have cut it and IF he would have been the next big thing
Evidently hes NOT, WASNT, HASNT BEEN , NEVER WILL BE

Sad part is the likes of Vaughen and Cody ( and i liked Cody....when we were in league 1  !!!!! ) get more attention than arguably best player of the modern era and certainly this era leaving !! ( Grant Holt, not Butterbean btw )
[/quote]

[Y]

I have no attachment to Vaughan for that lack of games reason NC. However I do find it disconcerting how easily people write him off as not good enough when most of those same people would be creaming themselves if we signed the Championship''s top scorer. Oh! At this rate, it might be him.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I have no attachment to Vaughan for that lack of games reason NC. However I do find it disconcerting how easily people write him off as not good enough when most of those same people would be creaming themselves if we signed the Championship''s top scorer. Oh! At this rate, it might be him.[/quote]

If Hughton started JV ahead of Hoops (when fit!) or RvW you''d kick up a fuss.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="Houston Canary"]I have no attachment to Vaughan for that lack of games reason NC. However I do find it disconcerting how easily people write him off as not good enough when most of those same people would be creaming themselves if we signed the Championship''s top scorer. Oh! At this rate, it might be him.[/quote]

[/quote]Theoretically though, would you rather see a fully fit James Vaughn come off the bench than Becchio?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="Houston Canary"]I have no attachment to Vaughan for that lack of games reason NC. However I do find it disconcerting how easily people write him off as not good enough when most of those same people would be creaming themselves if we signed the Championship''s top scorer. Oh! At this rate, it might be him.[/quote]

[/quote]Theoretically though, would you rather see a fully fit James Vaughn come off the bench than Becchio?[/quote]I honestly dont know. I havent seen enough of either of them (when properly fit) to judge.

I''ll go Becchio as he is the Norwich player.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="morty"][quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="Houston Canary"]I have no attachment to Vaughan for that lack of games reason NC. However I do find it disconcerting how easily people write him off as not good enough when most of those same people would be creaming themselves if we signed the Championship''s top scorer. Oh! At this rate, it might be him.[/quote]

[/quote]Theoretically though, would you rather see a fully fit James Vaughn come off the bench than Becchio?[/quote]I honestly dont know. I havent seen enough of either of them (when properly fit) to judge.

I''ll go Becchio as he is the Norwich player. [/quote]It was only theoretical.But[Y]

With Hooper out, if JV was a sub I would be fine. I may even want him starting if he had knocked in 8 already.

I won''t be sold on Hooper until he''s played a bit more. Indications are promising but let''s see what he does in a for real game before appointing him lord and savior.

You have backed off your statement about Ellmander being top 6 target, I see. Don''t get me wrong; I like him. It''s this two-faced Vaughan is no good dribble that is annoying.

You wouldn''t want us to sign the Championship leading scorer?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]With Hooper out, if JV was a sub I would be fine. I may even want him starting if he had knocked in 8 already.

I won''t be sold on Hooper until he''s played a bit more. Indications are promising but let''s see what he does in a for real game before appointing him lord and savior.

You have backed off your statement about Ellmander being top 6 target, I see. Don''t get me wrong; I like him. It''s this two-faced Vaughan is no good dribble that is annoying.

You wouldn''t want us to sign the Championship leading scorer?

.[/quote]

I counter that with...

what do do you have against Becchio? He had scored goals in the Championship before his arrival at FCR.

That''s enlightening, RVW2YC. You haven''t seen enough to judge either of them and yet here you sit judging them.

THAT''S what I''ve been writing about! Well done.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]That''s enlightening, RVW2YC. You haven''t seen enough to judge either of them and yet here you sit judging them.

THAT''S what I''ve been writing about! Well done.[/quote]Now answer the question.

What do you have against Becchio? You keep saying that JV should be given a chance based on his goalscoring in the champ... well Becchio scored goals in the champ!

Becchio has looked mostly unimpressive and lightweight. However, he also hasn''t been given much opportunity to impress so maybe he is ok. I don''t know.

Vaughan seemed to play much better in his few chances but I base that solely on opinions posted here last and this year. Fans seemed very excited about his prospects and very disappointed at his lack of opportunity. Nobody is jumping on the Becchio bandwagon. They are 2 very different players it seems.

But my issue is not the quality of either player it is the inconsistent standards op posters. You think Hooper''s goals in Scotland required more talent than Vaughan''s at Hudd?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Becchio has looked mostly unimpressive and lightweight. However, he also hasn''t been given much opportunity to impress so maybe he is ok. I don''t know.

Vaughan seemed to play much better in his few chances but I base that solely on opinions posted here last and this year. Fans seemed very excited about his prospects and very disappointed at his lack of opportunity. Nobody is jumping on the Becchio bandwagon. They are 2 very different players it seems.

But my issue is not the quality of either player it is the inconsistent standards op posters. You think Hooper''s goals in Scotland required more talent than Vaughan''s at Hudd?

.[/quote]

The way i see it is, both JV and Becchio will, under the current manager have been/will be 4th choice (behind RvW, Hoops and Elmander) and that there isnt much point arguing about which striker should be reserve.

And on the Hooper point: bearing in mind Hooper has scored in big games against Rangers and in Champions League games I''d say that  Hooper  is the better striker and is more talented.

Houston Canary

no they were not, but I don''t think a huge amount would be shocked if he went to liverpool or spurs as a third/fourth choice striker instead of us.

and if he has a good season, maybe he will go to cardiff, or a team who gets promoted this season. but he will not be at a top 10 team let alone 6 in the next 3 seasons.

Rvw2yc, before he wasn''t good enough and now he''s interchangeable with Becchio. I think I''ve made my point although I''m sure you still don''t get it.

JDT, he''s our current 3rd striker so barring big changes in that arrangement like long term injury its unlikely he''ll be drawing top 6 attention, but that''s just my opinion. Cheers.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Rvw2yc, before he wasn''t good enough and now he''s interchangeable with Becchio. I think I''ve made my point although I''m sure you still don''t get it.

JDT, he''s our current 3rd striker so barring big changes in that arrangement like long term injury its unlikely he''ll be drawing top 6 attention, but that''s just my opinion. Cheers.[/quote]

When I said he wasnt good enough I meant to start (as I''m sure  you knew...) and I was equating him to Becchio.

I''ve never said he''s any better or worse than Becchio just that on PERSONAL choice (which i admit wasnt good because I''ve never seen either of them play often enough) I  would go Becchio. Purely because LB is a Norwich player.

JDT, he''s our current 3rd striker so barring big changes in that arrangement like long term injury its unlikely he''ll be drawing top 6 attention, but that''s just my opinion. Cheers.

-------------------------------------------------

sorry if I didn''t make it clear enough, but I meant this past summer, the transfer window that has just passed, cheers.

OMFG people still going on about James Vaughan!!!

We have moved a million levels above Vaughan now, he is sheite!  As I said you morons, he is playing in the Championship which proves he is krap.  Becchio is currently at a Premiership club which proves he is ace and much better than Vaughan.  Becchio is younger, faster, more instinctive, has more confidence and has scored more goals than Vaughan.

I''d rather have Dean funkin Coney back than Vaughan.  I saw Michael Wynn Jones making a bumbling dash for a taxi once and he is even faster Vaughan!

I am happy that Vaughan didn''t settle here and wanted to move on. Little else makes sense when he did well preseason and then didn''t feature. He is welcome to his chance and I wish him well.

What irks me about all the discussion of Vaughan is the claim he was always injured. That is so unfair. He had recovered and was playing well when he suffered that appalling assault by Tamas (which Hodgson equally appallingly defended). He seems to blamed for being a victim when it was hardly his fault.

I remember him fighting to get back on the pitch and having to be restrained. He never recovered from that that season but it was not his fault and I don''t see why he s constantly attacked for it.

Given this quote about Vaughan (below) which Budapest Canary posted, it sounds like Vaughan needs to play regular football, which he simply wasn''t going to get here (especially since we''ve moved on to the likes of RvW). So irrespective of whether he or his family failed to settle in Norfolk (or not), moving clubs for regular first team football was the best thing for the player.

Not, some fans (a small minority) need to move on from this player who played 5 games for us

"...Happily, two years on, he is fully fit and scoring goals, so what is the difference for a player once described by David Moyes as "too brave for his own good"? He replies: "It''s about knowing my body a bit better, so if I am feeling tired or tight I will let the physios know. I''ve learned to manage my body better, I''ve kept myself in better condition but ultimately it was about a run of games. I''ve got used to playing regularly – at Everton I wasn''t playing regularly and was coming off the bench." And when he did, as he concedes, he would try too hard to impress."

I''d like to say well done to Chris Martin - scored 3 goals so far. I hope it continues to go well for him, should have been a regular for us after Grant brought him into the first team.

Roeder set him back a bit.

Glad to see he is showing that he is still a capable player.