Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

If Gary Hooper had been fit

Do you think he would have been in the England squad for tomorrow nights game? As there seems to be no one else available, then him on one leg might be an option

Woy is relying on Ricky Lambert and, God help us, he has stated that James Milner will have a big part to play also.

Milner is an ok sort of player, but I have serious doubts that he is a World Cup qualifying game changer. Please let me be wrong

That would be the sensible thing to do, and I don''t know why Hooper hasn''t already played internationally. But this is the England Football Team set-up we''re talking about. [:|]

I think that once Hooper has had a run in the team in the Premiership, and proved himself at this level, they will be more interested in giving him a call.

[quote user="Canaries Canary"]Agbonlahor will be higher up the list.[/quote]Especially after yesterday![:D]

Roy is sticking with Joe Hart in the hope that this will help get his confidence back!

There''s a clue in that quote................[:S]

[quote user="i hate 1p5wich"]very true morty . but ruddy is the better keeper if he was at a big club he would be in . he big club shouldnt mean a thing[/quote]Unfortunately we all know it does though.

I think Milner is a decent player, he has shown that he can be quality in his time at Newcastle and Aston Villa.

As we have seen with a lot of young players, a move to a big club can stunt a players growth and ability to meet their potential.

At Man City, from the games I have seen, he has been deployed as one of the three holding midfielders rather than one of the front three. The problem with that is that he is slowly turned into another Gareth Barry rather than the attacking wide player he was before.

I would be surprised if he doesn''t move on in the next couple of seasons. It''s a bit like the Shaun Wright-Philips move. Seems silly.

Still, he won''t be the answer on Tuesday. This break is too soon after the last one and at the wrong time in the season. They''d be better off starting the season a couple of weeks later and have an international mini-season for a couple or three weeks at the end of the summer prior to the season starting.

Or having a two or three week break in the lead up to Christmas.