Sign in to follow this  
Ray

NCFC Manager, which of our current squad would you chiose?

Now the excitement is over for the next 11 days, let''s look forward a few years;

Which of our current squad, if any, do you think will progress into management?

Would you be happy to have your selection (s) as manager at NCFC?

Why?

I''ll kick off with Russ Martin, yes I would be happy because I think he is a thinking man, with his feet on the ground, whose man management is very good and as a consequence is very well liked, and more importantly, respected by the players.

This should keep us busy for a while??

Surprised to see Snoddy mentioned a couple of times, not sure his attitude is right to be a manager.  His work rate would be fine but every time he did something wrong someone else would get the blame, would manage by status not stature me thinks!

Only my opinion though, which of course proves me right, well at least it does to me!

You need to be in the dressing room for that one Ray, but Martin and Bassong are senior players that CH has shown faith in so I would go with them

Hi Vanwink,

How do you know I''m not!!

Although it''s what I seen the on pitch that fuels my opinion.

Oops,

I meant, it''s what I have seen on the pitch that fuels my opinion.

From what I have heard, I don''t think Snodgrass would work into management. You need to lead by example and he is a player that is late at least (on average) once a week to training/home matchday etc.

Russ Martin is someone who I think will definitely make it as a manager and he has also spoke of his hunger to stay in the game after retirement. He even mentioned in an interview at the end of last season about starting his badges and hoping to do some coaching with some of the younger 9-16 year old teams

Bassong would be my prediction. It''s easy to overlook him simply because there has never been an African manager (that I can remember anyway) in the Prem / Football League. Would be great if he was the first!

Cant believe no one has said Ruddy yet. His mind is sharp; great leadership qualities. He said he wanted to get a career in the army until he got into pro-football.

Good call on Ruddy, although not many keepers go on to management, that''s no to say he won''t.

As I write, I''ve just seen a replay of Gareth Edwards try (the greatest ever in Rugby Union) for the Barbarians against the All Blacks in 1973.  For those too young to have  seen it, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/23878649

Not NCFC I know but a great sporting moment.

Enjoy.

With the trucking trucker on this, there don''t appear to be any budding - dare I say - Megsons, Crooks or Deehans.

Spot the deliberate mistakes in that sentence (at least I didn''t say Suttons and Gunns)... "O''Neills" and "Stringers" were the words I was grasping for.

The current most vocal candidates all seem to have their little demons, be it a latent gangster-style complex or appearing too nice - we''ve got the extremes. Of course, those things might get corrected over the years.

Going purely on national prejudice and the fact he is a lower-key player than others, I''m going to say Becchio. Add to that his lower league experience in Spain & England and lots of match observation here, and there you have the circumstantial ingredients for my spurious choice.