Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Walker v Redmond

I don''t want to tempt fate but I''m very much looking to that contest on Saturday. Unbelievably this season''s boo boy at WHL(now Dempsey has moved on). He''s not on form to say the least.

Agree he''s played terrible tonight. Almost as if he''s been sniffing something he shouldn''t.

Redmond certainly has the pace to give walker serious trouble and will hopefully be given the chance to prove it.

[quote user="Brightside"]Agree he''s played terrible tonight. Almost as if he''s been sniffing something he shouldn''t.

Redmond certainly has the pace to give walker serious trouble and will hopefully be given the chance to prove it.[/quote]

Why''s he getting so much flack for doing something that as far as I can make out, is legal?

But yeah, he''s a rubbish defender.

It''s not just tonight that Walker has experienced difficulties. His strengths are his size and speed. His weaknesses are clumsiness and a tendency to over estimate his ability relative to the opposition. Tonight, for example, Konoplyanka ( an excellent player admittedly ) gave Walker a real tough time.

Personally, if I were Hughton, if and when Norwich has an opportunity to move forward against Spurs I would want to see Redmond being supplied and moving into the penalty area in the hope that Walker pulls a clumsy move and concedes a penalty.

Walker just isn''t a great player/defender. As has been pointed out, his big asset is pace. He uses that to bail himself out of situations but clever players can get the better of him.

Not saying he''s hopeless because he clearly isn''t. But he doesn''t have the football brain of some other players at that level.

England are a better team with Johnson at right back.

Perhaps Spurs will now give Kyle Naughton a real chance ..... he could displace Walker in both the Spurs team and the England team.

But I hope that''s after we play them!

If Redmond is put up against Walker it will give us a real idea of how good he is now.  Walker was totally caught out by their winger on several occasions and it led to their best chances to score, but as has been pointed out, their winger is very good.