Sign in to follow this  
Number 9

Becchio to Boro?

Season loan according to twatter.

Boro tried £1.8m to buy him on deadline day but ran out of time to complete the deal.

Not sure if this is right or wrong, hasn''t been posted yet so I just wanted to share.

Hmmm, would leave us a little short of striking options.That said, not sure Becchio will ever get on the pitch anyway.

Didn''t boro just get Kei in? Luciano would be a bit miffed moving club and being on the bench behind the same guy!! I guess our formation means he''d not be used a lot, but I''d still prefer him to be around....though will defer to CH if loaning him out is what he reckons!

The papers think we''ll get rid of both him and Ayala on loan. I don''t see the point in loaning out Becchio, as if we wanted rid, we should have taken £1.8m and been happy with that.

Ayala seems pretty expendable, but Becchio has been on our bench every game so far and remains a player who has a part to play until Hooper can come on and prove his fitness. We don''t want to end up like West Ham.

It would be acceptable if we could have immediate recall if we needed him. We would also have to insist on Boro paying all, or most of his salary. He is a depreciating asset, due to age and fewer years under contract, so we might want to consider a "loan with a view to purchase deal". Except in very extreme circumstances, say relegation, it is difficult to see him getting many games with us. I assume that we shall be in the market to sign a further striker at some point, if only to replace Elmander.

I think it would have to be like the Garrido deal in that they are obligated to buy at a set price in January if a certain number of games are played and they would have to pay all his wages and put a recall clause in.

If those aren''t met, then I see no point loaning him out while we''re still waiting for Hooper to come back.