Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

Rep of Ireland

with the Rep of Ireland job maybe coming up soon many names have been mentioned do you think C H would ever be interested ? or approached ?

just for record I think it is far to early for him also he has a lot of unfinished buisness here and is manager for a good premiership club ,but if offered the main job for his country ( he played for anyway ) I wonder if he would take it ?

Oh god I hope not! Hughton is massively underrated on here. I do hope this resignation pushes Hoolahan into the team like he deserves. How Paul Green can get in the team ahead of him is beyond me!

I doubt Hughton would take the job at the moment.  He needs another couple of seasons in the top-flight to build his stature.

Martin O''Neil will be the favourite and he will jump at the chance (if he is still interested in management) to try and prove himself again. Qualification for Euro 2016 (now with 24 teams) should be fairly achieveable.

Martin O''Neill seems like an obvious choice, even though he''s Northern Irish, not Republic.

I think Hughton will at least be considered by the Irish FA, wether they even bother approaching is another question. He''s got a good thing going on here, no reason to leave at the moment to take on a national team who won''t even be at the World Cup next summer...

If they waited until after the season ended, and we don''t really progress I think Hughton would be tempted. They can''t really qualify for WC now, so won''t be in any real rush as Euro qualifiers are going to be the target.

International management is the graveyard of football management.I really have no idea why anyone would think that Hughton would even be remotely interested.

[quote user="morty"]International management is the graveyard of football management.I really have no idea why anyone would think that Hughton would even be remotely interested.[/quote]Hughton is one year into a lucrative three-year contract. The Irish FA are strapped for cash, even more now they have had to settle Trapattoni''s contract so I don''t think Hughton will even be considered.

I don''t think his stats are too shabby and much the same as McCarthey''s. I wonder what ROI realistically expect?

P64 W26 D22 L16 F86 A64 +22 40.63%

I''d be surprised if O''Neill didn''t have dual citizenship, as a northern Catholic. Not that it''s necessary, clearly... unless I missed Trapattoni''s Irish gaelic skills :-D

Hope he is in the right place now to accept this. He would do a good job for the men in green. As Hughton will for the boys in yellow.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Trapper Tony has gone.

Come on down.....Mick McCarthy. [H]
[/quote]

Now that would be sweet.

If  Hughton starts to get fed up with the negative attitude of some of our fans, then he might be interested at a later stage in the ROI job.   I am sure he is thick skinned - as you have to be as a football manager - but if the kind of negativity that exists around his job at Norwich persists, eventually anyone would get fed up with it.   He was revered at Newcastle and Birmingham - neither club''s fans wanted him to go (ok, there are always a few at every club).  But the noise on here has been so over the top that he may just think at some stage he is not appreciated enough here.   He has to win some of our fans round and I think he will,  but if he is successful over the next two or three seasons he will either be touted for a top job - Spurs, maybe - or may see the ROI job as a fitting challenge to follow his success at Norwich.

[quote user="lake district canary"] But the noise on here has been so over the top that he may just think at some stage he is not appreciated enough here. [/quote]Reminds me of someone else I "know".

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"] But the noise on here has been so over the top that he may just think at some stage he is not appreciated enough here. [/quote]Reminds me of someone else I "know".[/quote]

[:P] Yah boo sucks!