Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Republic of Ireland job

Hughton linked on the beeb website. Absolutely no chance imo. Thats either an old managers job or a younger lower league boss on the way up. Mick McCarthy is also linked. :)

Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood Please be Calderwood

Cant see any manager wanting to give up management for a Premier League team for the Ireland job. He might be interested in having it as a job share though, its been done in the past. Not sure either Norwich, Ireland or Hughton would be too keen on that. Id be surprised if he''d want to leave having built a team here. But then again thats what I thought about Lambert...

The Lambert thing I can understand slightly, as until now, Villa were the bigger team, don''t forget Colchester were above us when he took the job here...

Ireland job though, surely he wouldn''t rather that job than his job here?

When I see replies such as this it always makes me wonder just how much the person who posts it, in this case Mister Chops, knows about the individual? For example, how much work Calderwood puts in for our club, how effective his work is, why CH has him on his staff, what part he has played in the club''s success as part CH''s team, how popular he is amongst the management and playing staff, how he is rated amongst fellow professional''s as a coach etc etc. 

Cannot imagine why CH would want to leave a steady Prem Lge job for the Irish post . I''d assume that the money would be similar, and you only get to work with the players (by all accounts a CH speciality) once in a blue moon.

Let''s face it, the RoI are getting left further and further behind in the echelons of world football (as are England on the evidence of recent displays), and have les and less chance of qualification for anything significant.

Comparison with the Lambert/Villa situation is just plain silly.

More chance of me being appointed than Hughton. He wont be interested at this fledgling stage of his management career. Perhaps in 20 years time but not now. He''s got a good thing at a stable club in the best league in world football. Plenty of time to take over the Ireland team further down the line.

Martin O''Neill is the only option.

I thought it was a bit dodgy the guy from the Irish FA listing who he thought would be in the running including three managers currently in work, then saying he didn''t want to talk about individuals.

If a club werre to do this wouldn''t they come in for some amount of criticism.

It''s interesting this one- Martin O''Neil as favorite could be troublesome with some support as a Northern Irishman. Roy Keane has had too many run-ins with the FIA I''d have thought. McCarthy has done it before so that might be odd...I doubt the FIA could afford to buy out the contract of a prem manager though.

I believe that some private benefactor was subbing Trappatoni''s wages for something like 1 million a year so I''d be surprised if they have the money, unless the same person is still willing to pay?

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]It''s interesting this one- Martin O''Neil as favorite could be troublesome with some support as a Northern Irishman. Roy Keane has had too many run-ins with the FIA I''d have thought. McCarthy has done it before so that might be odd...

I doubt the FIA could afford to buy out the contract of a prem manager though.
[/quote]

Why would anyone in the Republic have any problem with him coming from the North as they consider it all to be Ireland. MON is also a Catholic so that just adds to his acceptance. They were happy enough with Jack Charlton as an Englishman so there would be no obstacles with someone from Ulster.