Sign in to follow this  
Warren Hill

Statues - But who is deserving of the honour?

I don''t think the statue should be of a player or manager or even an owner. This is a local club for local fans and so any statue should be of just such a fan.I think it should be of me really seeing as I''m probably the best fan unless there''s a better fan out there I''ve not heard about.....

Which I doubt......

Maybe when the City Stand is replace a series of niches could be built into the outside wall fronting Carrow Road like the example below for the likes of Delia and GW......

This example is of the famous explorer Dr Livingstone.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]You didn''t have to explain Til, I had already presumed it was.[/quote]

Very good. I saw what you did there LOL. [:D]

Why all this love for Delia? What about Mr Wynn-Jones? Shouldn''t any statue include both of them?
I do think we should commemorate our older players and have more awards at the end of the season. The Barry Butler is all well and good but how about some more awards? You could have the "Keelan Punchbowl" given to the player for the most ridiculous sending off. The "Dean Coney''s Ar5e" award for the flukiest goal. There''s the Cureton Barndoor for the worse miss. We could turn the last game of the season in to some ridiculous oscar-style award ceremony.
Davo

Fabio Quagiarella?

When/If Hoots flies to Turin next time, he''d have a very strong argument...

or perhaps it would be even better to have a statue of The Hesitating Player (maybe based on Rodin''s The Thinker) with a replaceable head, to be used for convincing the unconvinced.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]And where around Carrow Road would this statue be sited ?
[/quote]

How about in front of the Hotel as it is rather a blot on the landscape don''t you think ? [;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="swindoncanary"]And where around Carrow Road would this statue be sited ?
[/quote]

How about in front of the Hotel as it is rather a blot on the landscape don''t you think ? [;)]

[/quote]

Could it incorporate some sort of viewing gallery to kill two birds with one stone? Perhaps a huge Delia in Angel of the North pose with two tiers of seats on her wings?