Sign in to follow this  
PaulineFowler

Watford

I''m in two minds about this game. It''s not far but not sure if I can be bothered.

How many City fans do we think will go? If there''s a few I might give it a look

I''d go if I was you!

Take the money from your old man''s Christmas Club and then if you wish you hadn''t bothered going at least someone else paid for it.

[quote user="PaulineFowler"]I''m in two minds about this game. It''s not far but not sure if I can be bothered.

How many City fans do we think will go? If there''s a few I might give it a look[/quote]Twelve.

Went to an away game against Watford, in the eighties and made the mistake of parking in a multistory car park.  Any car with Norwich supporters in was targeted and one which had our scarves hanging out of the window was surrounded by half a dozen watford thugs and kicked - and I mean heavy damaging kicks, manhandled, windows smashed and basically written off with the Norwich supporters inside, too scared to get out.   Kind of put me off Watford ever since......I wouldn''t want to put people off though, I''m sure its a lot better now........[:S]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Went to an away game against Watford, in the eighties and made the mistake of parking in a multistory car park.  Any car with Norwich supporters in was targeted and one which had our scarves hanging out of the window was surrounded by half a dozen watford thugs and kicked - and I mean heavy damaging kicks, manhandled, windows smashed and basically written off with the Norwich supporters inside, too scared to get out.   Kind of put me off Watford ever since......I wouldn''t want to put people off though, I''m sure its a lot better now........[:S][/quote]Was it the first time you were a victim? [:^)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Went to an away game against Watford, in the eighties and made the mistake of parking in a multistory car park.  Any car with Norwich supporters in was targeted  and one which had our scarves hanging out of the window was surrounded by half a dozen watford thugs and kicked - and I mean heavy damaging kicks, manhandled, windows smashed and basically written off with the Norwich supporters inside, too scared to get out.   Kind of put me off Watford ever since......I wouldn''t want to put people off though, I''m sure its a lot better now........[:S][/quote]Was it the first time you were a victim? [:^)][/quote]

[:P] Up your watford gap!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Went to an away game against Watford, in the eighties and made the mistake of parking in a multistory car park.  Any car with Norwich supporters in was targeted and one which had our scarves hanging out of the window was surrounded by half a dozen watford thugs and kicked - and I mean heavy damaging kicks, manhandled, windows smashed and basically written off with the Norwich supporters inside, too scared to get out.   Kind of put me off Watford ever since......

I wouldn''t want to put people off though, I''m sure its a lot better now........[:S]

[/quote]

Is this a fact.....or just the truth? [:D]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

I wouldn''t want to put people off

[/quote]

I think people will go just to get away from being lectured in how to support your team.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]I wouldn''t want to put people off [/quote]

I think people will go just to get away from being lectured in how to support your team.[/quote]

Better to lecture people on how to be a good supporter, than lecture on how to be an acceptable pink''un poster...........

At least its related to the football club.......

The Pink''un message board - for all Norwich City Supporters, everywhere.

Get used to it.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]
I wouldn''t want to put people off [/quote]

I think people will go just to get away from being lectured in how to support your team.[/quote]

Better to lecture people on how to be a good supporter, than lecture on how to be an acceptable pink''un poster...........

At least its related to the football club.......

The Pink''un message board - for all Norwich City Supporters, everywhere.

Get used to it.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, Lakey, from the moment you arrived on this forum you behaved as if there was not room for many opinions regarding the club and players from all sorts of vantage points on this message board. Your constant and repetitive posts for the first year that you were on this forum attacked any criticism ( constructive or otherwise ) and  was broad swiped by you at posters in general as if you were arriving from on high. Search for the truth and you will find it. It''s difficult to get away from history. You have improved somewhat but you still far too often tend to use the broad swiping approach with phrases such as "most posters believe", "the majority think" and your recent amusing input on telling "where the truth lies" without any supporting facts.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''d go if I was you!

Take the money from your old man''s Christmas Club and then if you wish you hadn''t bothered going at least someone else paid for it.

[/quote]

I love this sort of topical comment in the pinkun .

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lake district canary"]Went to an away game against Watford, in the eighties and made the mistake of parking in a multistory car park.  Any car with Norwich supporters in was targeted and one which had our scarves hanging out of the window was surrounded by half a dozen watford thugs and kicked - and I mean heavy damaging kicks, manhandled, windows smashed and basically written off with the Norwich supporters inside, too scared to get out.   Kind of put me off Watford ever since......I wouldn''t want to put people off though, I''m sure its a lot better now........[:S][/quote]Was it the first time you were a victim? [:^)][/quote]

Watford hasn''t improved LDC, in fact it''s probably worse for mindless violence now, it''s just not football related.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]I wouldn''t want to put people off [/quote]I think people will go just to get away from being lectured in how to support your team.[/quote]Better to lecture people on how to be a good supporter, than lecture on how to be an acceptable pink''un poster...........At least its related to the football club.......

[/quote]Unfortunately, Lakey, from the moment you arrived on this forum you behaved as if there was not room for many opinions regarding the club and players from all sorts of vantage points on this message board. Your constant and repetitive posts for the first year that you were on this forum attacked any criticism ( constructive or otherwise ) and  was broad swiped by you at posters in general as if you were arriving from on high. Search for the truth and you will find it. It''s difficult to get away from history. You have improved somewhat but you still far too often tend to use the broad swiping approach with phrases such as "most posters believe", "the majority think" and your recent amusing input on telling "where the truth lies" without any supporting facts. [/quote] 

Since you know so much about me, you will also know that I have always said that the reason I started to post on this board was because of the rampant negativity that existed on it at that time.   I do believe that the majority of fans are sensible and see the truth about our club, but unfortunately, on a board like this it is easy to appear that the opposite is true and that the fanbase is negative and rebellious by nature.  The fact that things are more positive now is thanks to progress we have made as a club.  But it is still there below the surface and the negative bandwagon that seems easy for people to get on is always likely to reappear.   People need not be put off by the overly negative mob who appear every time we have a setback as a club - and who to my mind blow things out of all proportion.   Now you might say people can and do make their own minds up about it, which is true, but it also true that the constant feed of negative stuff can be damaging.   The Hughton out mob who appeared before even before his first competitive match are an example of a section of "fans" going overboard.  The Worthy out mob.  The fiasco in 95/6 over Chase.  Even the Leicester cup game under Lambert game caused a few to throw their toys out of the pram.  The Morison debacle, the players are not up to it debacle at the beginning of the first prem season.  The list is endless of over reaction and mis-representing the reality of a situation.  And don''t make the mistake of thinking I''m talking about general concern - I''m talking about people who live for stirring the negativity, of which there are quite a few.  I will always question unwarranted negativity when I see it on here.  Some people thrive on being negative and think its only right someone should put a more balanced view out there. 

You have to be positive to achieve anything in football.  Negativity at any level is divisive and damaging.  So, Yankee, if you read this and get this far, I''m not going to change the way I post and I''m not here for popularity.   I will continue to bang the drum for people to see things in a positive light.  I think there are more positive people on here than there used to be, not just because we are being successful, but because they can appreciate how ridiculous an over the top negativity attitude can be.  There is not much to be really negative about at the moment, but that doesn''t stop some people trying to be negative - because it''s in their nature.  Unwarranted negativity needs to be faced head on - it damages the club and its image unnecessarily and creates a false impression of what our fans are really like. 

You simply need to let it go and let me get on with posting how I want.   I don''t appreciate your attitude any more than you appreciate mine. Talk about football or our attitudes to football - not about posting or our attitudes to posters - and we would all get on much better.

Just to bring it back on track. I am going to the Watford game and am being treated by their sponsors. Dinner, Directors box and half team cheese board!! The last time I went to Watford was on a freezing wet Tuesday night when we drew 2-2 and I am hoping for a better ambience this time.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"]I wouldn''t want to put people off [/quote]I think people will go just to get away from being lectured in how to support your team.[/quote]Better to lecture people on how to be a good supporter, than lecture on how to be an acceptable pink''un poster...........At least its related to the football club.......

[/quote]Unfortunately, Lakey, from the moment you arrived on this forum you behaved as if there was not room for many opinions regarding the club and players from all sorts of vantage points on this message board. Your constant and repetitive posts for the first year that you were on this forum attacked any criticism ( constructive or otherwise ) and  was broad swiped by you at posters in general as if you were arriving from on high. Search for the truth and you will find it. It''s difficult to get away from history. You have improved somewhat but you still far too often tend to use the broad swiping approach with phrases such as "most posters believe", "the majority think" and your recent amusing input on telling "where the truth lies" without any supporting facts. [/quote] 

Since you know so much about me, you will also know that I have always said that the reason I started to post on this board was because of the rampant negativity that existed on it at that time.   I do believe that the majority of fans are sensible and see the truth about our club, but unfortunately, on a board like this it is easy to appear that the opposite is true and that the fanbase is negative and rebellious by nature.  The fact that things are more positive now is thanks to progress we have made as a club.  But it is still there below the surface and the negative bandwagon that seems easy for people to get on is always likely to reappear.   People need not be put off by the overly negative mob who appear every time we have a setback as a club - and who to my mind blow things out of all proportion.   Now you might say people can and do make their own minds up about it, which is true, but it also true that the constant feed of negative stuff can be damaging.   The Hughton out mob who appeared before even before his first competitive match are an example of a section of "fans" going overboard.  The Worthy out mob.  The fiasco in 95/6 over Chase.  Even the Leicester cup game under Lambert game caused a few to throw their toys out of the pram.  The Morison debacle, the players are not up to it debacle at the beginning of the first prem season.  The list is endless of over reaction and mis-representing the reality of a situation.  And don''t make the mistake of thinking I''m talking about general concern - I''m talking about people who live for stirring the negativity, of which there are quite a few.  I will always question unwarranted negativity when I see it on here.  Some people thrive on being negative and think its only right someone should put a more balanced view out there. 

You have to be positive to achieve anything in football.  Negativity at any level is divisive and damaging.  So, Yankee, if you read this and get this far, I''m not going to change the way I post and I''m not here for popularity.   I will continue to bang the drum for people to see things in a positive light.  I think there are more positive people on here than there used to be, not just because we are being successful, but because they can appreciate how ridiculous an over the top negativity attitude can be.  There is not much to be really negative about at the moment, but that doesn''t stop some people trying to be negative - because it''s in their nature.  Unwarranted negativity needs to be faced head on - it damages the club and its image unnecessarily and creates a false impression of what our fans are really like. 

You simply need to let it go and let me get on with posting how I want.   I don''t appreciate your attitude any more than you appreciate mine. Talk about football or our attitudes to football - not about posting or our attitudes to posters - and we would all get on much better.

[/quote]

Well I must agree with the first part I have highlighted and as for the second it is a pity you do not afford the same respect to others.

Well that did not go well so let''s do it another way..... " I''m not here for popularity"  I could not agree more.

" Let me get on with posting how I want" It is a pity you do not afford the same respect to others.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Well that did not go well so let''s do it another way..... " I''m not here for popularity"  I could not agree more.

" Let me get on with posting how I want" It is a pity you do not afford the same respect to others.

[/quote]

Oh get off your high horse Til.  I only react to what posters put.  That people don''t like what I write is of no concern to me, but I have every right to question what people write and their attitude to our club.  Its about the football and the way we support our club, not -  "ooh, lets all get on and be good little posters"...........  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Oh get off your high horse Til.  I only react to what posters put.  That people don''t like what I write is of no concern to me, but I have every right to question what people write and their attitude to our club.  Its about the football and the way we support our club, not -  "ooh, lets all get on and be good little posters"...........  

[/quote]

I just love the do as I say not as I do attitude that you convey. You say you have no concern how other people view what you write yet feel the need to question anybody who disagrees with your posts always having the last word of course and you have the nerve to tell me to get off my high horse ! Now please do us all the favour of allowing this thread to get back on topic without yet another lecture and to that end I have 4 tickets for Watford and heaven forbid the evening goes Pete Tong allow me and others the right to voice constructive negativity should it be required. Believe it or not although virtually everybody wears yellow and green specs some of us do take them off occasionally to make what we believe valid points.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]Oh get off your high horse Til.  I only react to what posters put.  That people don''t like what I write is of no concern to me, but I have every right to question what people write and their attitude to our club.  Its about the football and the way we support our club, not -  "ooh, lets all get on and be good little posters"...........  

[/quote]

I just love the do as I say not as I do attitude that you convey. You say you have no concern how other people view what you write yet feel the need to question anybody who disagrees with your posts always having the last word of course and you have the nerve to tell me to get off my high horse ! Now please do us all the favour of allowing this thread to get back on topic without yet another lecture and to that end I have 4 tickets for Watford and heaven forbid the evening goes Pete Tong allow me and others the right to voice constructive negativity should it be required. Believe it or not although virtually everybody wears yellow and green specs some of us do take them off occasionally to make what we believe valid points.

[/quote]

CHECK THIS THREAD THROUGH!  I MADE A COMMENT ON THE THREAD AND TYPICALLY, LAPPIN, YANKEE AND YOURSELF COULDN''T RESIST TAKING IT OFF TOPIC - SO YOU LEAVE THE THREAD AND LET IT GET BACK ON TRACK.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]FFS I rest my case. [:(][:@][/quote]

HA! That''s just it. There is no case.  Only you, Yankee and Lappin making it personal.  As much as you''d like me to walk away from the personal stuff, I won''t do it.    You people just think you can walk over other posters and get away with it, without that poster making a reply back.   Now shall we just let this thread get back on track, or do you want to continue with this rubbish?

We seemed to have moved away again from my upcoming directors box experience. As Delia will be there, I wondered if anyone had any views on how she has run the club?

[quote user="dj11"]We seemed to have moved away again from my upcoming directors box experience. As Delia will be there, I wondered if anyone had any views on how she has run the club?[/quote]Go back about 4-5 years on this board. You might find one or two. [:|]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]FFS I rest my case. [:(][:@][/quote]

HA! That''s just it. There is no case.  Only you, Yankee and Lappin making it personal.  As much as you''d like me to walk away from the personal stuff, I won''t do it.    You people just think you can walk over other posters and get away with it, without that poster making a reply back.  

Now shall we just let this thread get back on track, or do you want to continue with this rubbish?

[/quote]

It is not personal as it is my opinion about what you post. My opinion holds just as much sway as yours believe it or not so just try and accept it. Yes indeed this is rubbish but if you keep coming back again and again labouring what many find stupid pontificating posts well I will still be around to tell you.

[quote user="PaulineFowler"]so back to the first post in this thread. How many do you think we will take to Watford?[/quote]

Pure guess but I would say between 1200-1500.