Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Wake up people!

I can''t help laughing at some of the suggestions of players we should buy over the summer.  "He" will only cost £2m and I reckon we can get "him" for £1m.  Sorry but we will neither have the money or be attractive enough to sign players like Gabbidon or Sidwell.  We spent very little in the Premier League, we bought two players for £1m+, where will we find this money now we are in the Championship?  I''m sure some of you will be thinking "parachute payments" right now but I would like to point out that £1.25m of £6m we will get is already set aside for paying Crewe.

I''m not saying we won''t or that I do not want to see some quality additions.  I just think that we are setting ourselves up for disappointment when the likes of Gabbidon don''t turn up.  It''s also unfair on Worthy and the board when they produce the exact signings we all want.

Let''s be realistic, we are not going to be spending big money on players, lets not set ourselves up for disappointment! 

We would have more to spend on new players if we got rid of more of the dead wood.

[quote]We would have more to spend on new players if we got rid of more of the dead wood.[/quote]

We keep releasing players, it may free up some money to pay wages but it will not generate a massive budget to buy players with.

Daniel Gabbidon... if a premiership club does not want to take the "risk" of signing him them if we offer, surely he would rather be playing for a team with a chance of premiership football next season rather than League One??

Either Green, Francis or Ashton (please no:ermm will leave, and bring in money and this needs to be used to buy a centre half and centre mid.

I think we are in a much better position than other teams who have been relegated in the past... i.e. Leeds, Sunderland, West Ham, Leicester. We really need to take heart from what Sunderland achieved this season. Cutting 17 players and returning so quickly gives hope to teams like us. If we don''t have to cut as many players surely we have a brilliant chance of a swift return to the Premier League?

Agree with you Jamie about Gabbidon, but i still feel that Sidwell would be out of our reach. I think our best bet is to look around the lower leauges for talent, a''la MacKenzie. I don''t know too much about the lower leauges talent, but i think that young Freddie Eastwood (Great name!) at Southend would be a great signing, although maybe only if Svensson leaves. 

Agree with you Jamie about Gabbidon, but i still feel that Sidwell would be out of our reach. I think our best bet is to look around the lower leauges for talent, a''la MacKenzie. I don''t know too much about the lower leauges talent, but i think that young Freddie Eastwood (Great name!) at Southend would be a great signing, although maybe only if Svensson leaves.