Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Hopeful January signings post...

Say we are 4th when January the first comes round.

Do you think it will attract better players to join us (Honda on a free for example)?

If so, should we buy them or be more disciplined and rely on who got us there with maybe 1 or 2 low key additions to plug a couple of gaps?

Would it change who people want to see bought in January?

Who would you be most worried about being sold?

If we''re 4th why would we need to strengthen? I''d rather save for it when we really need it.

Why? WBA were up there last season, they got it wrong and plummeted back down the table, Newcastle the year before that. We were joint 6th at one point on our unbeaten run

Yes, but by January we were relegation zone bound.

As was previously asked, why make big changes to a very succesful recipe. Cash in on the demand for our players who want out and use that and the money haul from tv rights (including Euro money if ee finish top 4) to fill in gaps and add depth.

There are gaps and improvements can always be made, if one was to arise we should go for it, never be complacent.

We need a few first team players who can put good players on to the bench so that we have real depth, injuries and suspensions can still hurt us and with the run in we will need added quality, because although I think we will not be in a relegation spot I think we will need points for mathematical safety. To do that we will need maybe just those two additions.

For me a new centre back, central midfielder and winger are the key areas for 2014 winter and summer window. I just get a feeling pilks may be edging for a move and eb is not going to be the answer. Creative central midfielder we all agree one may be needed.

Becchio, Ayala and the other guys on loan, well maybe a full bid comes in, if so we may need another striker. Still believe you need at least four so even if we were 4th I would expect some movement.

Still think there is room for another CB and a creative AM to add serious competition. Trouble with our defence is that it picks itself at the moment, turner and Bassong are pretty much a shoe in when both fit (not to say I think there is anything wrong with Bennett) I think it would be good to have another CB to add serious competition and be pushing those two for the start... Haha imagine that a defender who could keep Bassong out of the starting 11!