Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Roeder to Carlisle....

Honestly if they have him for this season and then move on in the summer I suspect it will go well.It''s the second season onwards that Roeder can''t handle.

We wouldn''t have been relegated to League 1 if Roeder remained in charge. Obviously ended up being a good thing that we were but we weren''t in the relegation zone until a certain Mr. Gunn took over as manager.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]We wouldn''t have been relegated to League 1 if Roeder remained in charge. Obviously ended up being a good thing that we were but we weren''t in the relegation zone until a certain Mr. Gunn took over as manager. [/quote]

I agree with that. I didn''t like the guy but felt he would have kept us in the league. Gunn was always going to be a disaster.

I liked him! He told it like it was. His unforgetable quote "I don''t remember your tenure as Spanish manager" put that know-it-all pillock in his place, along with all the other people who think they know more about football than professionals. Good for him......

Lappin,If you had been there you would have realised it was "England" not "Spanish". Curious as you seem to have such a good memory of the "pillock" who asked the question.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Lappin,If you had been there you would have realised it was "England" not "Spanish". Curious as you seem to have such a good memory of the "pillock" who asked the question.[/quote]Oops! Must have been that spell checker on my laptop.....Did you like Glenn Louis, and were you there?

Tuesday it was Paul Simpson.

Yesterday it was Peter Schmiechel

Today its Glenn Roeder.

Tomorrow it will be ...................

[quote user="lake district canary"]Oh, that''s just great.  can''t believe that.   I don''t particularly follow Carlisle, but wish them well, nevertheless, living nearby.

You''d  think his reputation would have gone before him.....

[/quote]

Surely during his tenure as manager of Norwich City you were positive and fully supportive so now he''s gone why the change of heart ?

Of course, spell checker would automatically convert a mis-spelling of England in to Spanish. Oh silly me for not expecting this!Yes I was there, and in future it is perhaps best not to be so judgmental about people that you dont know. For the record, I didnt ask that question, but it is not nice being called a pillock in public by someone who wasnt there.As for Roeder, I think his record and legacy at every club he has managed speaks for itself. Ask this question on the West Ham, Newcastle and Watford boards and you will find that he is a man that has made few friends.

sign up John Hartson and play your central midfielder up front, that always works Then slag off the fans and players in public = success

Roeder was there too and didnt call anyone a pillock - it seems that this is the preserve of brave people who lurk out there on the interweb

We must be in a elite position where fans can argue that Roeder wasn''t the worst manager they''ve had!

He probably wasn''t as bad as Gunn or maybe Grant but his poison spread throughout the club. From kicking out the kit man of many years, sacking Neil Addams (what a decision terrible decision that has been shown to be) and ar$ing off half the fans he was in a class of his own.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Yes I was there, and in future it is perhaps best not to be so judgmental about people that you dont know. For the record, I didnt ask that question, but it is not nice being called a pillock in public by someone who wasnt there.[/quote]You obviously know me personally Louis. How else would you know I wasn''t there?I admit it was probably a poor choice of words to describe the chap in question and it''s touching to see your support for him. [Y]Did you stand up and support him vociferously on the night......or did you wait until now to offer your support?

Lappin,You are funny! It would simply be easier to admit you have been caught bluffing than to carry on with this dialogue. I think my point has been suitably made though.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Lappin, You are funny! It would simply be easier to admit you have been caught bluffing than to carry on with this dialogue. I think my point has been suitably made though.[/quote]The ''points'' are perfectly clear Louis. We know each other personally......You kept ''schtum'' on the night preferring to defend this chap with your keyboard.My OBVIOUS initial wind-up sailed right over your head. Nobody else fell for it. Never mind Louis, I still like you. [;)] [:D]

In other words, when all else fails to dig yourself out of a hole, revert to "it was only a wind up" routine even when it was so unobvious.We know each other? I really dont think so!!! Perhaps you could describe what I look like and what my real name is given that we are so well acquainted. You can do this by PM if you wish to.

Flippin'' ''eck lads.......this was a fairly mundane thread about one of our ex-managers being touted as the new Carlisle Utd manager.

Instead it''s turned into some vitriol about something that may or may not have been said at a Glenn Roeder meeting 6 yrs ago.

Let bygones be bygones, for heaven''s sake.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]We know each other? I really dont think so!!! Perhaps you could describe what I look like and what my real name is given that we are so well acquainted. You can do this by PM if you wish to.[/quote]If you don''t know me how do you know I wasn''t at that meeting? You sounded pretty sure I wasn''t there.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Flippin'' ''eck lads.......this was a fairly mundane thread about one of our ex-managers being touted as the new Carlisle Utd manager.

Instead it''s turned into some vitriol about something that may or may not have been said at a Glenn Roeder meeting 6 yrs ago.

Let bygones be bygones, for heaven''s sake.[/quote]most threads end up like this

Not a great time to sign big John I agree, but I tell you what, even when he was so unfit and probably unwell he still showed the odd glimmer of true class. Shame he never got a goal for us, seem to remember him getting close!