Sign in to follow this  
PurpleCanary

McNally interview

A few points from a Q&A with some interesting questions and answers:

1) Two related things, neither of which is a surprise. Firstly, as foreshadowed, we are now free of external debt. Secondly, as far as the money (around £4m) still owed to Smith and Jones and Foulger, McNally didn''t envisage it being called in soon. "I am sure there is no urgency over that."2) In partly explaining why Becchio hadn''t got much of a look-in after being signed, McNally said "Grant [Holt] then found some form." As opposed to before when he was very much out of form. And damning with faint praise with the "some form".3) Cups. McNally said of course it would be nice to win a cup at some point in the future but "we won''t [damage] any short-term goals for that". The kiss of death, then, for hopes of a cup run, especially as Hughton''s line-up against Leicester showed he had as little interest in putting a cup before the league as had Lambert.4) Again this is no surprise (and not a big deal) but that late-night tweet on transfer deadline day about having done all our business earlier in the summer lacked a touch of precision.  In the wake of Elliott Bennett''s injury "We did try and brng in a loan player." Presumably this was Ricardo Vaz Te. As to the summer window generally, McNally said we had met all our targets (presumably target areas rather than specific players, since we failed to get Toivonen) apart from in defence.5) The Academy. McNally was positively gushing in his praise for all who had helped raise money for the academy, although he didn''t specifically mention the PUPs or FONCY. "We must say a big thank-you to the supporters. Keep the money coming, please!"

[quote user="lappinitup"]You missed out the important bit Purps.......We''re going back to the old pies! [:D][/quote]

But he was careful not to say back to the old price!!!

Having had a "full discussion" on the opening day of the season with the catering staff about the substandard new pies I am intrigued by the suggestion that we are reverting to the previous pies. Has there been discussion on the forum? Has there been a campaign to have them reinstated?

[quote user="Irn Bru Canary"]Having had a "full discussion" on the opening day of the season with the catering staff about the substandard new pies I am intrigued by the suggestion that we are reverting to the previous pies. Has there been discussion on the forum? Has there been a campaign to have them reinstated?[/quote]

I agree and should there be pie music or not?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Purple, where did you get the figure of only £4m from, for our total internal debt?[/quote]

I was rounding up rather erroneously from memory. The figure given in the last accounts is £3.5m - owed £2.1m to Smith and Jones and £1.4m to Foulger. The roughly £2.5m owed to the Turners, which was internal and then became external, was paid back a while ago.

Did anyone notice the strange face McNally pulled when he mentioned Johan Elmander’s Galatasaray wages? Got the impression that he wasn’t cheap.

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

Did anyone notice the strange face McNally pulled when he mentioned Johan Elmander’s Galatasaray wages? Got the impression that he wasn’t cheap.

[/quote]

Galatasary have said Norwich will pay £1.4m for a season long long of Elmander, which includes the fee and wages.

I found it interesting how he said Norwich ''broke the previous transfer record at least twice, possibly three times in the summer''. I found that a curious way of putting it, I know that deals are often weighted with clauses etc but it does suggest the Leroy Fer deal might be closer to the £3.5m paid for Ashton than previously thought. Bargain!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Thanks for putting that up on here Purple, not sure about the Leicester/Hughton thing though[/quote]

Me either as we''ve never played Leicester under Chris Hughton :),

Guessing he means Luton.

[quote user="ellis206"]

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Thanks for putting that up on here Purple, not sure about the Leicester/Hughton thing though[/quote]

Me either as we''ve never played Leicester under Chris Hughton :),

Guessing he means Luton.

[/quote]

I always include one deliberate mistake to check posters are paying attention. Well done!

[:$][:$][:$]

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="lappinitup"]You missed out the important bit Purps.......We''re going back to the old pies! [:D][/quote]
Best news I''ve heard all season :) , did they say when ?[/quote]He said "hopefully, by the next home game."

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Purple, where did you get the figure of only £4m from, for our total internal debt?[/quote]

I was rounding up rather erroneously from memory. The figure given in the last accounts is £3.5m - owed £2.1m to Smith and Jones and £1.4m to Foulger. The roughly £2.5m owed to the Turners, which was internal and then became external, was paid back a while ago.

[/quote]

I don''t want to get into any arguements but I have heard so many people on here say that Delia has invested upwards of 11 million into the club on number of threads.

Does anyone have any real idea of the amount invested, given into the club and amount turned into shares since 1996?

As for the other points, it would be good to win a trophy but not at the expense of relegation, the same as increasing the ground.

How good is it to hear from MacNally to when we had to listen to Doomcaster those years ago. Really lucky to have the people we have at the top, running this club.

[quote user="Indy"]I don''t want to get into any arguements but I have heard so many people on here say that Delia has invested upwards of 11 million into the club on number of threads.

Does anyone have any real idea of the amount invested, given into the club and amount turned into shares since 1996?[/quote]

This is what she said in 2010.......

"Hi

Eddie, thank you, I think this is a really good question and one I want

to answer. Just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a

policy of mine or Michael''s otherwise we''d be about £12million better

off!"

Not sure about the breakdown though. There are those that know.........

On first glance that''s a hefty sum and breaks down to 660K per year to be the head of the club for the past 18 years. An expensive season ticket that one.

I would love to see the full breakdown and I know Delia & MWJ have not taken out any dividens, it''s good to know that if they were to sell the club at least they would recoup their money and more in todays climate, althoug not any time soon I hope.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

I don''t want to get into any arguements but I have heard so many people on here say that Delia has invested upwards of 11 million into the club on number of threads.

Does anyone have any real idea of the amount invested, given into the club and amount turned into shares since 1996?

[/quote]

There is no contradiction here. The figure of £2.1m is the sum of outstanding loans from Smith and Jones to the club. That is what they can now demand back if they want to. The rest of the money they have invested has - mainly or entirely - been turned into shares. Unless there is some secret clause they cannot demand the club buys those shares back.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is no contradiction here. The figure of £2.1m is the sum of outstanding loans from Smith and Jones to the club. That is what they can now demand back if they want to. The rest of the money they have invested has - mainly or entirely - been turned into shares. Unless there is some secret clause they cannot demand the club buys those shares back.[/quote]

So, we can reckon on an investment of c.£10m PLUS whatever Watling walleted.

With the shares currently valued at £100 each, what does that make their shareholding worth now Purps?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Indy"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There is no contradiction here. The figure of £2.1m is the sum of outstanding loans from Smith and Jones to the club. That is what they can now demand back if they want to. The rest of the money they have invested has - mainly or entirely - been turned into shares. Unless there is some secret clause they cannot demand the club buys those shares back.[/quote]

So, we can reckon on an investment of c.£10m PLUS whatever Watling walleted.

With the shares currently valued at £100 each, what does that make their shareholding worth now Purps?

[/quote]

That valuation makes their holding of 327,309 ordinary shares worth £32.73m. They also own 3,025 B shares.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]That valuation makes their holding of 327,309 ordinary shares worth £32.73m. They also own 3,025 B shares.[/quote]Wow! They could sell up, and if they donated the money to the club...there would be enough to replace the old main stand.....And there''d still be enough left over to buy them a statue! [:D][<:o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Indy"]I don''t want to get into any arguements but I have heard so many people on here say that Delia has invested upwards of 11 million into the club on number of threads.

Does anyone have any real idea of the amount invested, given into the club and amount turned into shares since 1996?[/quote]

This is what she said in 2010.......

"Hi Eddie, thank you, I think this is a really good question and one I want to answer. Just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s otherwise we''d be about £12million better off!"

Not sure about the breakdown though. There are those that know.........

[/quote]

Who is this Eddie[:^)]

NCFC Media Team: 

Another one from the emails we received during the week:
Hello Delia,

I''m sure most fans are as pleased as I am that we have won promotion back to the Championship at the first attempt but many fans are still unhappy about last seasons relegation and blame you for all the ills of the club. They write on message boards that the club is a shambles through successive poor managerial appointments and your prudence before ambition policy. They claim you refuse to price the club reasonably and won''t let any investors in if it means losing your majority share. How do you feel when you read these things and what drives you on to carry on spending more and more of your own money knowing some fans feel this way?

Here''s to being Champions on Saturday.

Best wishes

Eddie.

1:24

Delia Smith: 

Hi Eddie, thank you, I think this is a really good question and one I want to answer. Just for the record, prudence with ambition was never a policy of mine or Michael''s otherwise we''d be about £12million better off! We have never priced the Club and prior to the Deloitte search we have only had one offer of cash which was for £1! Losing our majority shareholding is not, I repeat not, a problem, if it helps the Football Club. How do I feel and what drives me to carry on? What I assume we both share, and that is a deep love of our football club.

[;)]