Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Trevor Lemmon - RIP

While working at the club I got to know the family, in particular Matt.

Thoughts are with you all.

i''m spartacus wrote the following post at 13/09/2013 7:12 AM:

Who was he ? not being disrespectful ,if he was something to do with the club who has passed on it would be nice to hear a bit about him.

Why is it that this gentleman is spoken so highly of by contributors but no-one is prepared to answer this simple question?

You probably saw Trevor many times at Carrow Road and never realised. He was one of the pitch groundsmen, but also did lots of work maintaining the stadium etc during the week. I don''t know exactly how long he had worked at the Club, but it was definitely a long time.

He was a totally genuine bloke who always had a laugh and a smile and who loved Norwich City. His passing is extremely sad news and thoughts and condolences go to all of his family and friends.

Team to wear black armbands at Spurs

EVERYBODY at Norwich City Football Club was deeply saddened by the death this week of our Maintenance Manager Trevor Lemmon at the age of 57 after a brave battle against cancer. Trevor was an immensely popular, dedicated and hard-working member of the Norwich City family and since joining in 1999 has made a vital and lasting contribution to the development and maintenance of our facilities at Carrow Road and Colney. The Lemmon family has deep roots in both Norwich City and Norfolk football. Trevor’s wife Val is P.A. to our manager Chris Hughton and has served a long line of Norwich City managers in this key role over the years. They have two sons, Matthew and Gavin. Matthew is a member of our maintenance team at the Club and Gavin previously worked for Football in the Community (now the Community Sports Foundation) before taking up his current role at the Norfolk Football Association. The thoughts of everyone at the Club are with the Lemmon family at this time. At the request of our players, the Club has sought and received permission from the Premier League for the team to wear black armbands in our game at Spurs on Saturday as a mark of respect and remembrance for Trevor. David McNally Chief Executive Norwich City Football Club
Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/trev-lemmon-130913-1051760.aspx#Sc4Btr3iFb3PR2YK.99

Like most, I was not aware of Trevor but a great tribute from Mr McNally and thanks to Morty for posting.

I have relatives and friends who have done their bit for the club from many years ago but it is obvious that Trevor was a special person and inspired his family. What a sad day for the club. My thoughts go out to all who new him and of course his wife and family.

Such an early ageof our generation nutty, which does bring it all into perspectivea sad loss to all

If anyone is deserving of a ''Black armband tribute'' then it is this ''sort'' of person. Someone (and his family) who obviously has given a tremendous amount of time to NCFC.

Extremely sad for the Club , but especially his family

Trevor was also very well known in local football circles, as a player and manager. I knew him from when he was about 17. We played 5-a-side at the old Lads Club on Kings Street. Last saw him at a very cold and wet Trafford Park watching his son Gavin last season when he played for Wroxham. The phrase ''great bloke'' could have been invented for ''Lemmo'' -RIP and best wishes to Val, the boys and other family.