Sign in to follow this  
YGB

boyd

ive heard that boyd from hartlepool is on worthingtons wish list scored both goalsin the play off 1st leg and 28 goals overall this season? replacement for svennson if he leaves??

Hux is not a striker, so scratch him off the list and Svensson might leave. I''d say if Svensson was to leave (and only then) Boyd or Richard Cresswell from Preston would be suitable replacements.

boyd would be a good svensson replacement but I can''t seehim sitting on the bench. chances are if he comes it''s becauseashton has left the club. after all hartlepool are one game awayfrom the same league as us.you have to get realistic creswell could well be premier leaguenext season and a move to norwich is only sidewards at best for him.

[quote]Hux is not a striker, so scratch him off the list and Svensson might leave. I''d say if Svensson was to leave (and only then) Boyd or Richard Cresswell from Preston would be suitable replacements.[/quote]

If Hux is not a left midfielder and he is not a striker what is he?

That is another challenge for Worthy this summer - how to accomdate Hux talent and keep the team defensively solid?? without him we create little, with him we expose the defence when he plays as a midfelder.

As for Boyd; we have 4 strikers (other than Hux who will always be a striker who, like Beardsely, does not have a good goalscoring record but created for fun) in Deano, Leon, Sven and Jarvis so do not need any more - we are weak in midfield in particular and then defence before signing more forwards. 

OTBC

[quote]If Hux is not a left midfielder and he is not a striker what is he? That is another challenge for Worthy this summer - how to accomdate Hux talent and keep the team defensively solid?? without him we...[/quote]

It''s a tough question; where to play Hucks?

Personally, I think he''s good on the left. Yes, his defensive abilities are poor. But then it''s simply a case of asking if what he contributes is enough to outweight the problems he causes. In the first division, I think so.

Then again, there is the option - especially in the first division - of using a 4-3-3, looking a little like this;

------------Green-----------

Helveg Fleming Shackell Drury

---Jonson--Francis--Safri---

---McKenzie-Ashton-Hucks--

That would pretty much score for fun in the first division.

[quote]ive heard that boyd from hartlepool is on worthingtons wish list scored both goalsin the play off 1st leg and 28 goals overall this season? replacement for svennson if he leaves??[/quote]

When is anybody else going to wake up to the fact that we need are DEFENDERS.

Didn''t you watch any games this season, didn''t you see how we leaked goals, haven''t you looked at the goals conceeded column.

For goodness sake, can''t you see where the problem is ?