Sign in to follow this  
Brightside

Are Spurs much better or are we much worse?

The same fixture last year we drew 1 - 1. It was an encouraging performance where we pretty much matched a strong Spurs side in all areas. One year later we are being played off the park in all areas. So what has changed why do we look so much worse?

Spurs have improved with over 100k worth of signings but we have also improved our squad. Have we improved enough? I believe we have and have the squad to do so much better than we are. Where we are different and where we are very poor is being able to utilise our talent. So far this season we have set out negatively each game and have been unable to make changes in our style of play mid game when it is absoletely necessary. Take the Hull game for example. When they went down to 10 men there was an excellent opportunity to exploit this attack more and try for 3 points. Instead we changed nothing and fought for a draw.

So who''s to blame? Ultimately the buck stops with Hughton but I also believe some players this season are not performing as good as should be or showing the kind of fight or passion I would expect them to. Snodgrass for example is a great tallent but spends too much time throwing himself to the ground looking for freekicks.

So what needs to change? Firstly we need to set up to win with tactics and play designed to go forward and attack? We need plans B,C,& D to work to when the situations need it?

I think our away form has always been dreadful nothing has changed. Same tactics, same result we usually lose.

Spurs will be a very good team they have great players and AVB is a good manager who knows how to use the players he has brought in. CH is a very average manager with one plan that when used away from Carrow Road fails time after time - but he keeps doing the same thing - what does this tell you?

We need to pick up as many points at home because I can''t see any difference this season to last season away from home. Same old, same old no matter who plays the tactics are the same defend, go a goal down keep defending, go another goal down...bring on a winger and holding midfielder to get you back into the game - yeah right that works.

We had forwards on the bench who could come on, does it matter if we go three down but at least we would attack and create chances.

I have no idea why loyal NCFC fans go to away games, it has to be the most depressing and pointless exercise imaginable - you all deserve medals!!