Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Imagine if some of you lot were chief exec...

Imagine the press conference tonight announcing the sacking of Hughton.

"Losses against free spending Tottenham away are not good enough, unfortunately the time has come for us to part with Hughton, thanks but do one. We now start our search for a new man. We quite like Iain Holloway and Alan Curbishley and think they are the type of men to get us to the top four where a club of our stature really should be."

Its not the defeat that is the problem, its the manner of the performences away from home. We were beaten today before a ball had been kicked. Thats 2 totally gutless perfomences out of 2 away from home this season. There is a way to lose, give it a go and if you are second best you can accept that but under Hughton defeat is conceded before 3pm.

I agree about the Hull game, that was unacceptable, but Spurs beat us today rather than us losing to them if you get what i mean. Move on to next week.

I don''t get why. Spurs dealt with our threat well, as a team in the top four at home should. If we can grab points versus the bottom 12 away at an average of 1 per game from them, and then pick up an average of 2 at home, that''s what we will stay up on.

I don''t get how we could have played more exciting against Spurs today with the players we have. They were simply better than us.

Who would people replace Hughton with anyway?

Paul Lambert ??Nah ill admit, I dont have a name to replace him with. Its just really disapointing to see us turn up week in week out for the draw or the 1-0.

Of cause Spurs were better than us on the day but that perfomence just smacked of accepting defeat. When 2 down how many managers would have left Hooper on the bench? Its not up to us to say who should replace him, we have a highly paid chief exec to make that decision, i hope he is starting to draw up a shortlist because i have a feeling by xmas we will need it.

Jimmy Smith wrote the following post at 2013-09-14 9:04 PM:

I don''t get why. Spurs dealt with our threat well, as a team in the top four at home should. If we can grab points versus the bottom 12 away at an average of 1 per game from them, and then pick up an average of 2 at home, that''s what we will stay up on.

Oh my, what a totally inspiring season we will have, Can''t wait!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]i think Mr Chops should be Chief Exec.. we''d be winning the league in May....[/quote]I look forward to the journey ahead, and I''m grateful for your support at this challenging time.  We have some fantastic fans who are the lifeblood of this club, and the first thing I''m going to do is order a transfusion.