Sign in to follow this  
basil brush

Hooper - Career suicide?

This guy came to Norwich City and harbours England ambitions. Unfortunately injured pre season, but I''ve got a feeling that Hughton will not start them together.

If this the case, then what''s in it for Hooper? Being an unused substitute in a game that was screaming for him does not bode well for his future. He didn''t come here to warm the bench and we''re hardly scoring freely.

Moving to QPR maybe would of been a better option...

It is very unfortunate that he got injured. He will get opportunities, particularly at home and RVW will need to be on his toes  or Hooper will get to be first choice away from home.

he is not even proven in the Prem yet and a hell of a long way from international football

I never said he was England quality, but Hooper was quoted - several times - that he came here to increase his England chances...

Whether he is or isn''t good enough for England is another matter, but coming to a club that I believe will only use him as ''back up'' isn''t going to get him into an England jersey.

I hope the guy succeeds here as I''m sure everybody else does, but I don''t think it is going to happen under the current manager.

I hope I''m wrong!

He was always clearly going to be 2nd striker after RvW and we clearly are not planning to play with two upfront, but one to link up behind striker.

He will still get plenty of chances to prove himself and we will need him, that is for sure.

so loosing by 2 to a top prem side who spent £100 mil is a disaster that is going to ruin our season and Hoopers career ? Hughton rightly or wrongly tried to keep us in the game and the score down, not good to look at and not going to win that way I agree, but maybe better than 5-0, mind would rather us go for a win and attack

He didn''t get his chance today and won''t get his chance in the future whilst Hughton considers that his reputation rides on £8.5m RvW...the game was crying out for a strong ball carrying forward that can hold off the opposition. RvW is not strong enough to cope with the PL, wants too many touches in front of goal and is not quick enough in his decision making

[quote user="basil brush"]This guy came to Norwich City and harbours England ambitions. Unfortunately injured pre season, but I''ve got a feeling that Hughton will not start them together.

If this the case, then what''s in it for Hooper? Being an unused substitute in a game that was screaming for him does not bode well for his future. He didn''t come here to warm the bench and we''re hardly scoring freely.

Moving to QPR maybe would of been a better option...[/quote][img]http://www.taylorclark.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/picard.jpg[/img]

Of course its not "Career suicide", how ridiculous to suggest that. First game available, he gets a spot on the subs bench which seems fair. I personally was a little disappointed he didnt come on, particularly as I found myself shouting at the TV over RVW''s performance today, but certainly wasnt the end of the world he didnt come on,and looking back on it he wouldnt have got much action if had come on the way Spurs were playing.

There is no doubt he will get PLENTY OF GAME TIME...its a long season with many twists and turns to come............some on here need to get a grip!!