Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

lets look at the positives

We don''t have to play spurs away again this season in the league at least :-)

The few positives, Pilks got some needed game time and looked alright. Ruddy bar the error for goal 2 looked good. Bassong other than one lapse did too.

RVW had a couple of big chances today, when he''s settled, they will start going in.

Eriksen is going to tear the asses out of several of our mid table rivals this season.

I know everyone is busy having a mass panic, but yeah they were!!

Really looking forward to see how the top 6 evolves this season. Going to be very very close up there. I think even Liverpool have the ability to challenge for the title to an extent, think its the most open league since i''ve been watching football. (13 years or so). Although it is of course, very early on. Everything could change.

From a perspective of having watched it on the wireless I agree that Spurs were probably very good. If this had been a one off many would be happy to accept we weren''t likely to get a result anyway. But it came on the back of that poor performance at Hull. You can understand the frustrations of the travelling support and now is probably the wrong time to expect people to forget and look at the bigger picture.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

From a perspective of having watched it on the wireless I agree that Spurs were probably very good. If this had been a one off many would be happy to accept we weren''t likely to get a result anyway. But it came on the back of that poor performance at Hull. You can understand the frustrations of the travelling support and now is probably the wrong time to expect people to forget and look at the bigger picture.

[/quote]Spot on Nutty.Regardless of the quality of the opposition the sheer negativity of our play just grinds us all down.

There are no positives!

Spurs were good, but not great. Our tactics, mixed with errors, made Spurs have an easy ride.

As has been posted many times on here before, Hughton goes for a draw and we lose. I''d rather us go for it and get humped that the dross we served today.

Shining a light on how good Spurs were, is looking for excuses. We made it easy for them and we''ll make it for many others. I wonder what McNally make of all this? He must be a tad concerned after the money we''ve spent...

It sounded like Captain Bass had a very good game. It''s also not a bad thing that we ''only'' lost 2-0. It may also - *also* - mean Hughton gives some players a kick up the bottom and looks at his tactics and squad a bit. His post-match interview was not the usual "players were great but other side are better than us". He did sound, relatively, a little annoyed.

With large numbers now on the point of jacking it in we will no longer need to spunk £30 million on a new stand.

Thanks Ricardo...........yes Spurs were good, very good. I watched the Manure match live before and then Chelsea live after and in my opinion based on today Spurs played better than both of them. Top players with a great touch, great feet, great movement, energy and were physical too......way better than the Spurs side we played last season.

Sure I got frustrated during the game over a few of our players who I felt could and should have done better, but I calmed down just after the game and was relatively happy we didnt get completely tonked which I was fearing had we decided to take the game to them, which some will do and WILL end up with a good spanking no doubt.

The players I did get a little frustrated by today were.....RVW...he has a lot to learn, but really must "man up" as soon as possible, he will I am sure.........Leroy Fer....set his stall out nicely at the start but then really didnt get a grip all game, he needs to lift his head up and look for the out ball......and Garrido.....I just think he is off his game a bit right now. That said, Spurs were terrific technically, a level above us, and I have accepted that and look forward to next week at home where we stand a chance of beating anyone on our days, and its time for us to deliver against PL....OTBC