Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

Does anyone remember?

Just under 18 months ago we went and beat Spurs 2-1 at White Hart Lane when they had arguably one of their best attacking teams..... All of a sudden we should be thankful we went there and allowed them to allow us to only lose 2-0 because they are a top 6 club (were they not top 6 for a long time now?). Oh how are priorities have changed as a team and as fans

Their team last season was nowhere near the same level of class they have now.They had bale.... now they have LamelaPaulinho SoldadoEriksenand a fit and matured Townsend back when we beat them.... they still had SahaKing LivermoreYou clearly don''t know much about football..

Oh yeah. You''re right. They only came 4th that season. I forgot. Sorry, how ignorant. I hail your superior football knowledge or great one.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]In fact I''ve just googled their team from 18 months agoThat has to be one of the worst Spurs sides i''ve ever seenWhere on earth did you get "best" from [/quote]Actually Ignoramus, I said "Arguably" (meaning not Definitive - please check google for definition) one of their better attacking sides. They came 4th that year in the league.

Here we ago again you see RC. Anyone who puts an alternative point of view that doesn''t agree with the ''shall we say'' the Hoots defenders (!) is fobbed off with a response such as yours.

This is crazy stuff. We have opinions. Accept it, argue your point but I just wish we could all debate without the need to lower the standard of discussion.

Ironically I have mostly agreed with your comments on other subjects in the past.

[quote user="Robert911"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]In fact I''ve just googled their team from 18 months agoThat has to be one of the worst Spurs sides i''ve ever seenWhere on earth did you get "best" from [/quote]Actually Ignoramus, I said "Arguably" (meaning not Definitive - please check google for definition) one of their better attacking sides. They came 4th that year in the league. [/quote]2011

• 24 Friedel
  • 04 Kaboul (Nelsen - 45'' )
  • 26 King
  • 28 Walker Booked
  • 32 Assou-Ekotto
  • 03 Bale
  • 07 Lennon
  • 14 Modric
  • 29 Livermore (Van der Vaart - 71'' )
  • 15 Saha (Adebayor - 46'' )
  • 18 Defoe

• 25 Lloris Booked
  • 02 Walker
  • 03 Rose
  • 05 Vertonghen
  • 20 Dawson
  • 08 Paulinho
  • 17 Townsend
  • 19 Dembele (Lamela - 83'' )
  • 22 Sigurdsson (Sandro - 79'' )
  • 23 Eriksen (Holtby - 71'' )
  • 09 Soldado

I know which side I think is best.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Here we ago again you see RC. Anyone who puts an alternative point of view that doesn''t agree with the ''shall we say'' the Hoots defenders (!) is fobbed off with a response such as yours.

This is crazy stuff. We have opinions. Accept it, argue your point but I just wish we could all debate without the need to lower the standard of discussion.

Ironically I have mostly agreed with your comments on other subjects in the past.[/quote]I''m not a Hoot defenderI hate our play styleI just think he''s doing a standard job, will keep us safe and is a good option for the club as we will just continue to trundle along in mid table.I just don''t understand why people raise points (which often don''t even make sense / are very thinly linked together) to have a go at a guy, who is doing an ok job.The playstyle sucks... but the results (at home at least) are keeping us in the league

[quote user="ReadingCanary"][quote user="Robert911"][quote user="ReadingCanary"]In fact I''ve just googled their team from 18 months agoThat has to be one of the worst Spurs sides i''ve ever seenWhere on earth did you get "best" from [/quote]Actually Ignoramus, I said "Arguably" (meaning not Definitive - please check google for definition) one of their better attacking sides. They came 4th that year in the league. [/quote]2011

• 24 Friedel
  • 04 Kaboul (Nelsen - 45'' )
  • 26 King
  • 28 Walker Booked
  • 32 Assou-Ekotto
  • 03 Bale
  • 07 Lennon
  • 14 Modric
  • 29 Livermore (Van der Vaart - 71'' )
  • 15 Saha (Adebayor - 46'' )
  • 18 Defoe

• 25 Lloris Booked
  • 02 Walker
  • 03 Rose
  • 05 Vertonghen
  • 20 Dawson
  • 08 Paulinho
  • 17 Townsend
  • 19 Dembele (Lamela - 83'' )
  • 22 Sigurdsson (Sandro - 79'' )
  • 23 Eriksen (Holtby - 71'' )
  • 09 Soldado

I know which side I think is best.

[/quote]
Does it matter? It''s relative to the season in which the game is played RC. They''ve strengthened but so have we, considerably more with 25mill. Also in Modric and Bale they had 2 players that day playing at the biggest club in the world now, and Adebayor who had just come back from there. The gap in quality between the teams isn''t hugely different to 2 seasons ago.

What irritates me the most, is as you have stated, we have greatly improved our own squad.Yet... you can''t really tell when you watch away games.I''m sure there is sooo much more potential to be unlocked from players like Ricky.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]What irritates me the most, is as you have stated, we have greatly improved our own squad.Yet... you can''t really tell when you watch away games.I''m sure there is sooo much more potential to be unlocked from players like Ricky.[/quote]
Oh I fully agree with you on this. Hopefully like we only start showing footballing intent around the 70-80th minute marks during games, we don''t subsequently do the same in our season by starting to perform around the 30 game mark. As that is too late for players like RVW to start fulfilling his potential.

My view is that Hughton is a safe option.We will play safe football. Pick up enough points to survive every year. Go along relatively unnoticed and gradually develop.It all feels very Fulham or Stoke to me.Some people will be fine with it, others love the fact we are "establishing ourselves" in the league and others will pray for the return of a Lambert like manager.I don''t really know what to think. I like that fact we are in these "safe hands" but oh how I wish we could have a few more games like Swansea 3 Norwich 4 and Man City 4 Norwich 3 which really gets the heart pounding.

Yeah. Its hard to see when we might score 3 or 4 goals again. If we had say 10-15 shots at goal maybe. But with only a handful of shots we need world world class players to convert the few chances we make. Sadly we can''t afford or attract those players.