Sign in to follow this  
pilksfanclub

The Hughton/Norwich Conundrum

I would like to begin this by pointing out this isn''t me calling for him to be sacked or anything like that.

There is a juxtaposition between the fear that Hughton may not be able to progress us, a fear which can only grow if he continues with these passively obsequious away tactics, and the possibility that the club can''t progress much more and this is as much as we can really expect. I don''t know really what are people''s thoughts?

The best outcome to keep all happy is he goes to manage Ireland. That way he''s not sacked so the Hughton lovers won''t cry! he''d be gone so the Hughton haters will be happy! and everyone else will realise we can all move along from this mind numbing style of football we have played these last 14 months.

WIN WIN..

[quote user="pilksfanclub"]I would like to begin this by pointing out this isn''t me calling for him to be sacked or anything like that.

There is a juxtaposition between the fear that Hughton may not be able to progress us, a fear which can only grow if he continues with these passively obsequious away tactics, and the possibility that the club can''t progress much more and this is as much as we can really expect. I don''t know really what are people''s thoughts?[/quote]

You can''t win the lottery if you don''t play.

While this is a terrible comparison,(namely because one premier league team having a chance at beating another is far different than gambling all your money away in the lottery) it is true in that we have to play differently if we expect different result than we have been seeing.

It seems though, that the majority viewpoint is why try if the team you are facing is better than you. I wonder how many times the top teams in the league would argue this as a valid point? And if they did, how long would they be a top team?