Sign in to follow this  
Canary On The Wire

Hahahahahhahahahahahahhah

Oh ye the negative. Call yourselves Norwich fans? We were outclassed by one of the five best teams in the league away from home. I''m not in the slightest bit bothered, and I back Chris Hughton to the hilt. Go on, tell me how that makes me a crud football fan for enjoying negative football. Let''s see how many of you post when we finish 9th-12th. I''m making a list of usernames already- many of whom I don''t ever expect to see again. I''m glad the Pinkun is misrepresentative of our support.

I''m disappointed, but for the most part I agree. Here''s hoping we bring the A game against Villa.. We owe Lambert a beating.

Lambert seems to have some voodoo over his former teams, but we are good at home even if we''re naff away. The thing about being an NCFC fan is you can get away with being forever negative, as there''s enough rough to take with the smooth. Too many people do it, it''s quite sad really

Same feeling COTW, was a hard team to play away from home. Too many blinkered fans believing we should of gotten a point minimal today.

Spurs have been crude getting players in before selling Bale and have to admire.

It''s not just today though is it?

As I''ve explained before, I''m not a Hughton outer at all. He''s a good manager and is good for us.

We''ve played poorly away from home before today and I''m starting to get annoyed with the way we set up. If today had been a one off I''d have said "ok, onto next week!" but we were so poor away last year and it looks as though we''ll be poor away this year as well.

I disagree. I think many expected us to get our own camp in order. Don''t mind losing to a better team, having less possession and being closed down quicker by better players. But when you can''t even pass the ball amongst yourselves and do the basics which I''m sure are covered daily in training, its hard to support and find positives in that.
If we did everything we could do, but the other team outshone us and we lost, I accept that. But watching that today I know we can, and have played better. Theres no excuses, and it comes back to the coaching team, and surely if it continues someone will have to answer for the sub-premier league standard of our own football?
This is the managers squad now. His players. Either they''re all off form at the same time, or tactics, selection of players brought in, or possibly with how pi$$ed off they all look, they''re just unhappy with the system they are asked to play. I don''t know. But it we aren''tgiving a good account of ourselves when we do get the ball. Spurs were quality with the ball, but we helped as we couldn''t even pass for toffee!
If this makes me a pant wetter then thats fine. I just wish we could/would do the things expected in a team of Prem standard players, like cut out the sloppiness, pass better, and take those 1 or 2 rare chances in a game like RVW at least getting a shot off 6 yards from goal. I hope he comes good, but I fear how long we can afford a player like him in the team. I''d like to see how different it is with Hooper, just to know. Might be worse, but we can''t judge until we see. 

Oh COTW, so you''re making notes of those usernames who dare to make criticism of Hoots and his coaching staff. This is scary stuff. It''s your opinion that those who disagree with your point of view are less a supporter than you. Even more scary stuff.

Your ''misrepresentation'' comment is mildly amusing in that I actually think the majority of contributors actually back Hoots.

I am not a great fan of Hoots and even less of his two sidekicks but I am happy that Bowkett and McNally monitor the situation and if they think he will continue to improve the club then great. That doesn''t stop me appreciating and agreeing with others that have commented on aspects of Hoots tactics.

You may think I''m not a Norwich fan, well tough mate, I am and always will be. I hope some of my fears are allayed and I''m proved wrong, meanwhile enjoy your list making. Well it passes the time I suppose.

[quote user="Canary On The Wire"]Oh ye the negative. Call yourselves Norwich fans? We were outclassed by one of the five best teams in the league away from home. I''m not in the slightest bit bothered, and I back Chris Hughton to the hilt. Go on, tell me how that makes me a crud football fan for enjoying negative football. Let''s see how many of you post when we finish 9th-12th. I''m making a list of usernames already- many of whom I don''t ever expect to see again. I''m glad the Pinkun is misrepresentative of our support.[/quote]Oh dear. Far superior to the rest of us aren''t you?

No, I''m merely noting by force of their own persistence those who continually jump on anything negative and never post anything positive in the slightest. Will doubtlessly not see hide nor hair of them come the end of this season.

I don''t see myself as superior to any NCFC fan, but I don''t see those who are nothing but negative as NCFC fans.

Lesson in human nature for cotw. People react to negative situations because they want it to stop. When things go well, nothing need be said. So of course crap performances draw more comments than good ones. We''re a strange animal.

Playing to not lose fosters a loser mentality. You don''t want that to spread through the visitor dressing room each road game.

These guys are highly paid pros. What works should work at home and on the road. Dont play 2 completely different styles based on where the game is.

We were lucky last ten games, it will not change, we will probably go down, you still laughing. No tactics, can''t change a game, no confidence. No Lambert magic, gone by christmas.

Cotw I''m totally with you, so many on here seem to thrive on the misery.

Some you win some you loose.

If you want to follow a team who wins week in week out go jump on the man utd bandwagon but personally I prefer the unreliability of supporting my county team, a real team.

We have no right winning the league or even be in champions league but last season we earned our right to be in the premier league of English football, one of if not the best leagues in world football so what the hell are you all moaning about? Get real and follow the ups and downs of a real team, don''t boo your own players, give the new ones time to adapt and give our manager who obvious talent for buying good players time to integrate these players without calling for his head every time things don''t go our way.

Otbc

Canary On The Wire wrote the following post at 14/09/2013 10:41

". I''m glad the Pinkun is misrepresentative of our support. "

COTW, yesterday was my first away game of the season and I was a bit shocked at the end of the game to see the the reaction of a lot of the away support when the players came over to clap the travelling faithful, a lot of angry response, booing, abusing the players from our fans.

Now I don''t know what you base your above remark on, but if you were there yesterday you would have seen it yourself, unless you left early!

I might add that I was one of the very few that clapped when the players came over, and will continue to support in what I consider to be the right way.

I posted the same last season when we finished 11th and I will continue to post the same criticism whilst we continue to throw the towel in before a ball has even been kicked in away games.

I can take losing to better teams. I accept we will lose plenty of away games. What I cannot take is watching pathetic, defeatist displays like yesterday on a regular basis away from home.

The OP can continue to feel superior if he likes but anyone who watches us regularly away from home will be able to tell you exactly what our problems are and that nothing has changed from last season. In my book ignoring that doesn''t make you a better fan it just makes you ignorant. Why handicap ourselves like this and why should we not be able to express concern that the team consistently underperformance away from home due to the managers tactics.