Sign in to follow this  
BarclayCanary (Former HDDH)

Spurs vs Norwich - Match Thread

You''ve gotta laugh!  We can''t even keep the ball for more than 10 seconds when we do win it.  Just not our day but unfortunately we had lots of those last season and we had the same innocuous performance at Hull, making two out of four this season.  We just need to find a way to fight more when we are away from home.

Do you remember the days when we used to show no fear of the opponent on their home turf and burst into every away game with the attitude that we COULD win it?

The only reason CH doesn''t play a reserve eleven for away fixtures is to limit the damage to the goal difference. Why we play RVW, Snoddy, Redmond and Elmander away from home when tactically we have no interest in using them is puzzling. He might as well rest their legs for the home games.

Yawn, Johnsonto come off for Howson. Inspiring change. Real attacking intent.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="J"]Love that everyone, commentators included, are talking about a change of approach needed - pity the one man that isnt thinking about a change of approach is the one in charge![/quote]Im sure he will wait until its to late as per, the bloke just doesnt have a plan past what he starts the game with... useless manager, rather try and attack and lose this 4-1 than sit here looking like a relegation candidate[/quote]
Nice to see others that share my opinion. Quite a few on here critisized me for wanting to see a bit giving it a go, even if it meant losing! I just don''t see what their point was as right now all we look like doing is hoping to nick a game 1-0 which we arent defensively good enough for!
I know Lambert was gung-ho, but I actually enjoyed watching that. Safe football, and getting beaten with little chances and possession is embarrassing!

Howson preparing? Really? We''ve got Olsson, Hooper and Pilkington who all need the minutes of football. We should realise there''s no real way back, think of the bigger picture and give these a go.

As for relegation fodder etc. Tottenham are playing like champions today, we will have better games. On to next week and a win at Villa so we can forget about today.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Howson preparing? Really? We''ve got Olsson, Hooper and Pilkington who all need the minutes of football. We should realise there''s no real way back, think of the bigger picture and give these a go.

As for relegation fodder etc. Tottenham are playing like champions today, we will have better games. On to next week and a win at Villa so we can forget about today.[/quote]Granted Spurs playing very well, not gonna take anything away from that but we are spectating.

Like a little training game for Spurs aha! I can do nothing but laugh at our performance. Theres not much you can say that''s not been said before.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Howson preparing? Really? We''ve got Olsson, Hooper and Pilkington who all need the minutes of football. We should realise there''s no real way back, think of the bigger picture and give these a go.

As for relegation fodder etc. Tottenham are playing like champions today, we will have better games. On to next week and a win at Villa so we can forget about today.[/quote]agreedtheir quality is showing...bringing forward players on now though is a mistake.. the ones we have now Aint getting the service!still take the elm or RVW off for Tettey

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]is it me or is Snodgrass actually not that good?

[/quote]He seems to spend half his time looking for a free kick this season. He certainly hasnt had the best of starts but I dont think his quality can be denied

club has really become a horrible team to watch under hughtonman has no imagination and we seem to go into games against bigger clubs looking afraid

Even Bassong is making silly errors now. Saved by Ruddy.

Tottenham are a good side, no doubt. They have an embarrassment of riches but which away games, other than Swansea and Man city last year have we looked to take the game to the other side.

We expect to defend away from home and let the home side call the shots. It might work if we counter attacked with pace, but we don''t. We look clueless in attack cos we''re setup to defend...rubbish!

Did I just see a golden opportunity for a goal only for RVW to just stand there. sums it up

I think RVW just took half an hour to not take that shot 6 yards out. Even Holt would have at least got the shot off! I like him, just don''t see him getting over 10 goals this season.

spurs are very good, but we dont go out to win games, we go out with a sense of ''oh my they have millionz of poundz of playerz we must try and hold on if we a lucky we might grab a goal''

i hate it. id prefer to lose 9-0 with the youth team out there than watch this cr@p