Sign in to follow this  
 Green and Yellow

Negative

[quote user=" Green and Yellow"]I''m not having a go at Chris Hughton but he was born negative. It is in his DNA.[/quote]

You are obviously not old enough to have seen him play.  A good all round defender and good at supporting the attack on the overlap.  A superb playing career in one of the most attractive sides of his era, an excellent coaching record,  good managerial  experience with teams who played good flowing free scoring football.Now, would you care to reconsider your opinion?  

[quote user=" Green and Yellow"]I''m not having a go at Chris Hughton but he was born negative. It is in his DNA.[/quote]Along with a very large proportion of NCFC supporters if this forum is anything to go by.We have had a remarkable run this last 4 years and it''s little wonder that some people think it''s always going to be like this. A more realistic approach would be to see this period as exceptional and anyone who cares to look at our history will see that I am right. It may be hard for some people to take but the truth is that in the grand scheme of things NCFC can only ever be a top ten club on very rare occasions. Very enjoyable when it happens but by no means what any unbiased observer would term, "our rightful place".No doubt some objectors would call this view unambitious but in your hearts you must know that we won''t ever be on a level with the Man U''s and Arsenal''s of the football world.The best we can hope for is that we will beat them at times and occasionally defy the natural laws of gravity in this division.It''s very hard to take for some of you I am sure be we are now actually competing at the top end of any reasonable expectations for a club of our size.No doubt I shall now need to don my tin hat.[;)]

This is something I cannot understand with CH. His whole playing and coaching career at Spurs was about flair yet as a manager he seems to have a very different philosophy. Perhaps he is trying to be something he is not and would be better going back to what he surely knows best?